Skip to content

Rasaad and Neera ToB Quest Bugs

KorbuKorbu Member Posts: 61
edited May 2016 in Troubleshooting
So, i've gotten to the very end of both Neera's and Rasaad's ToB quests, and they seem to bug out, and i'm unable to finish them. Neera's quest doesn't finish after
i beat Szass Tam (holy crap is that ridiculous, i've read "The Haunted Lands" series and he's a BAMF), yet after he sends me back to the clearing, Neera doesn't recognize that the quest is finished.
Then with Rasaad's quest, it bugs out and the entire game hangs when
i enter the Shadow Realm when chasing Alorgoth.
The whole game just sits there in cinematic mode indefinitely, and i can't do anything, not even open up the game menu.

Comments

• doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Have not experienced the Neera bug. But the Rasaad one rings a bell. For me it just happens when I plan to leave the realm but the portal doesn't appear. I now always save before meeting Alagorth so I can reload if the game bugs out. So many reloads...but in the end the reloads helps for some reason. Hopefully for you as well.

By the way dorns tob quest may bug as well by not making a portal. Again powereord: Reload
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @Korbu if you have saves before each of te above please zip and attach them to separate bug reports as outlined at http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49845/how-to-report-bugs so we can investigate.

I think we've looked at some Rasaad exit issues but not entrance.
    I also know we've looked at Neera blocking entry to the final encounter but not sure about her quest. From your comment I'm not clear exactly what conditions you are seeing e.g. journal entry remains or something else.
    Thanks
  • KorbuKorbu Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2016
    I was able to finish the Rasaad quest just now. I rushed into the Shadow portal while the fight was still going on in the Prime Material Plane, but then started experiencing problems exiting the Shadow Plane after defeating the Dragon. I google searched it, and it turns out to be an old bug dating back to 2014, https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/25473/rasaad-quest-wheel-of-obliteration. I would pick up the Wheel of Obliteration immediately after killing the dragon, before Rasaad would speak, and that would bug the quest and make it impossible to leave the Shadow Plane. Following the steps that "howmanyhours" posted on that thread, i was able to complete the Rasaad quest.

The Neera quest however, still won't finish. Not only is it still open in my quest log, but Neera never had the conversation with me upon being teleported back to the clearing, and bringing her back there doesn't initiate it. I have the sneaking suspicion that beating up Szass Tam as fast as i did (i surrounded the spot that he teleports in and Greater Whirlwinded him the moment he turned red, he didn't even get his spell defenses up) might've bugged it. Unfortunately, i don't still have a save from just before that battle.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    You didn't mention versions of the game :smile:

The Rasaad freeze you mention is reported.
    The Neera one I'd need a save to be certain but there was a fix in version 2.0 for the journal and a second fix for blocking the final challenge. If you have the console try command
    C:GetGlobal("OHN_TOB_PLOT","GLOBAL")
    A result of 14 would cause the issue, if that's the case set it to 15
    C:SetGlobal("OHN_TOB_PLOT","GLOBAL",15)
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    edited September 2018
    I know it is an old thread, but playing with my ipad I have a similar problem with neeras quest. The game remains in cinematic mode after defeating the mages in the clearing and teleporting to the pits

Ps. Playing last ipad version
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @helmo1977 This needs reporting at support.baldursgate.com . We've been trying to fix all the similar issues, so if this particular prolem is still there, it needs to be investigated.