Skip to content

[mod] Athkatlan Grounds: Southern Edge

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    edited July 2018
    Sorry, but it seems that you are stuck with those two entries, but it's just a visual thing. I don't think there is any way to erase journal entries. But worry not, you can just continue playing and you won't miss anything and the erase/add journal entries will need to be checked for Polish translation. It seems there is some typo out there preventing the entry from disappearing.
    Still, thanks for your kind words! Cheers!
  • SeiSei Member Posts: 18
    So there's no way to change the variable so it just... jumps to the "completed" section? Those "2" markers for
    L#NDDREPPIN and L#NDDREPPINJOURNAL
    are the variables that should appear after completion of the quest?
    Sorry to bother, it's just now that I've seen it, it kinda bothers me. :smiley:
    They do appear, but journal do not work that way. If those journal entries do not appear, there are two options:
    a) the AddJournal line is different to EraseJournal (any difference may affect it. Like let's say a double space or even an upper case letter when a lower case letter should be used)
    b) there is a mistake in the script, lacking EraseJournal or something like that

None of those can be fixed with a console command or changing value of some variable. But really, the only thing is that you will see this as unsolved. The game itself will consider the script solved, that's only a visual thing.
    And yes, those variables should be there, in your game. That is completely normal.
  • SeiSei Member Posts: 18
    Ok, I understand. Well, I had to try at least. :smirk:
    Thank you for answering and explaining this to me. : )

Oh, I know it's only cosmetic, but I'm just this kind of weird.
    Also, I made it sound silly *facepalm* : D Yes, variables should be there, I was just asking for those specific numbers "2" and the other "2".
    But anyway, it's alright, now I know everything I needed to know concerning this issue, so thank you very much once again. ^^
    Sure. I will try to remember to check why those journal entries do not get erased! Enjoy the rest of the game. If you like Southern Edge, you may also want to try the Ooze's Lounge! It's not yet available in Polish language, though.
  • _Connacht__Connacht_ Member Posts: 169
    Hi, sorry if you already answered to this and I didn't find the post. Regarding mod compatibility, when should I install your new area, considering a list like this? https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/23726/bgii-ee-compatible-mod-list/p1
    I'm not sure if it makes any difference :) I tried to make it as safe and compatible with everything as possible.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited August 2018
    THIS MOD WILL RUIN DEITIES OF FAERUN!!!

Because it makes me want to play instead of modding <3
    Aedan
    Well, thank you! <3
    Raduziel
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited September 2018
    @LavaDelVortel, I have run into an issue with BG2EE since the 2.5 patch was installed. I have a party of two (me and Jan). When I travel from Trademeet to the Southern Edge, the two of them overlap each other and don't split apart. I tried several times using different formations with the same effect. I needed to travel to another district first and then it worked fine, but going straight from Trademeet to SE causes an issue now.

EDIT: Even with 3 people in my party, my main character disappears when traveling from Trademeet to SE.

EDIT2: I have the same issue from De'Arnes Keep to SE with 4 people in Party.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    Two more things:

1) The Tone-is-Gone dagger is a +4 THAC0, but strikes as a +2 enchantment only (confirmed in NI). Is this correct?
    2) Dreppin's quest (You can't escape the past) doesn't close out when you complete it. It says you need to bring him the antidote even though it is done.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    I just played this mod for the first time, and I must say it's amazing. It doesn't feel like a mod at all. Feels like just another district included in the original game.

Thanks for this great mod @LavaDelVortel

By the way, I faced the same bugs Necromanx2 mentioned. But they're nothing major.
    AerakarThrasymachus
    Thank you! If you liked it, then you may be interested in the Ooze's Lounge. It's also a mod that adds a new area to BG2. A special and hidden place. As a hint, I will tell you that you may want to solve tanner quest in Bridge District and perhaps you will find something that will unlock the new area in Slums.

You may need to know, though, that you need to have it installed before you visit Slums for the very first time.
    StummvonBordwehrAerakarLudwig_II
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Thanks for the advice. Luckily for me, I had already installed Ooze's Lounge too :) But I haven't come to that part yet. My game is progressing slowly.
    edited February 2019
    @Ludwig_II - I hope you'll enjoy the new areas from the Ooze just as much as you enjoued Southern Edge! It's a smaller mod, but includes some nice new stuff! Remember to leave your thoughts here:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/70906/mod-the-oozes-lounge/p1

Cheers!
    Ludwig_IIhanhwisoo
  • kev666kev666 Member Posts: 28
    @LavaDelVortel

I've done something to stop a variable from updating. I have the statue of Kozah to give Niglir but his dialogue options are the same as if I had just found his letter.

I am new to all this and trying to be self-sufficient (every day is several new questions I want to ask several different people on several different forums), so my first thought was to use EEKeeper to look at the globals. I see your L# variables for these quests but obvi whatever is supposed to be on that list isn't, so Keeper won't help.

Then I figured out how to copy some files into my root folder to get the outdated Infinity Explorer to work for EE so that I could identify the cre and reference its dialogue and associated variables. But for the life of me I couldn't find any of your creatures... and scanned that list several times... but good lord that list of dialogs is long :D

Anyway I give you all this extra info as a way of asking: for future self-sufficiency, what are some tools (or knowledge) I can use to rectify situations like this on my own?

Thanks for the hours of fun you've provided me with all your mods!
  • kev666kev666 Member Posts: 28
    @LavaDelVortel

omg, I forgot that I need to get the icon uncursed first :D:D:D

the question regarding self-sufficiency still stands if you're at all inclined to throw a PM my way with suggestions :)
    Sure. On taking such matters into your own hands... it sometimes may be difficult because every modder has his/her own way of implementing stuff. In many situations things can be handled using different ways. For example, some "effects" may be handled with both direct actions and opcodes. Anyway, Near Infinity is one of the best tools to check stuff and it is maintained with by a great modder, @argent77
    link: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/30593/new-versions-of-nearinfinity-available/p1
    @LavaDelVortel I am curious about the item that can be built with Southern Edge. Would you mind spoiling it for me as I have not even found an option for this in my play?
    You need the mentioned eye and IIRC you may combine it with wyvern's head - Cromwell may build a helmet for spellcasters using those two.
    Necromanx2
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited March 2019
    you know kinda would not mind having a walkthrough included. so i had a good indication where i need to look
    for the 3 other parasite books.
    edited March 2019
    @megamike15 this mod is great, but does seem to leave things for people to find through luck (EX: had no clue you could build an item).

Here is what I have learned to date.
    Parasite books (two books and two scrolls I think):
    1) In the northern most part of district in a room in a chest.
    2) Southern part is a cat with a name. Talk to it.
    3) Southern part in a tent is a girl. Talk to her and ask for her book (get her a wooden sword from the carpenter).
    4) Go into the inn on the wall and go upstairs. Get in a fight and kill the bard (never tried pick pocketing).

Depressed guy:
    In the room in the northern part of district where you find one of the parasite scrolls is a guy in the corner of the room. Speak to him. he tells you his issue and then leave. Go to the inn in the wall and speak to Charston Neb by the door. Speak to him a second time to get the option to help the depressed guy. Then follow the instructions you get to finish.

Make a helmet:
    When you go gather the wood for the parasite box, you have the option to kill two Wavyrns. Take at least one of the heads. Then when you are in the cave to get the wood, kill the Gauth and take its eye stalk. Bring both items with 20k gold to the smith in the docks district (Cromwell) and he makes a mage helmet.

These are what I know at this point.
    [spoiler/]
    Most BG fans learned all bits of the game by heart already. It would be no fun if every single element was pointed out. They are to remain a bit in the shadow so they could be discovered later. Also it's not like all craft materials were screaming "take me to Cromwell" and they are not tied up with specific quests. I wouldn't call it luck but when trying to find out what can you do with items you have found.

So yes, you will find hidden items in many of my mods. Also many of my mods include new Cromwell items. Will of the Wisp... Skie: The Cost... Ooze's Lounge also has an item you may upgrade with some help from Cromwell. This will be also featured in my future mods. There will be hidden elements, optional stuff you may use to to craft new things or see some small, additional bits of the mod.
    ZaghoulDawglicious
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I'm adding mods to a future run through BG2 right now, and yours are definitely on the list. I always felt like there was too too much missing from the city - places you could see, but couldn't visit, unlike Baldur's Gate.

That said, have you considered expanding any of the other towns, like Trademeet, or even just adding a new village somewhere? One of the things I really miss from BG was the Amnian equivalent of Beregost - an outpost in the middle of nowhere. (I suppose that would technically be Trademeet...)

I haven't seen too many other mods that add truly new areas, so I figured I would throw the idea out.
    I kinda did that already. I released many mods that add new areas - both "attached" to existing ones and brand new ones that may be visited through the worldmap. Examples:
    a) Innershade - a new hamlet in the middle of the forest;
    b) Tales of the Deep Gardens - a new area that's visible on the worldmap, but you can actually visit it only once, during an unusual quest;
    c) The White Queen - a new area with many enemies to fight;
    d) Eilistraee's Song - a new area after your return from the Underdark;
    e) Foundling - a NPC combined with a big quest and new areas on the worldmap;
    f) Ooze's Lounge - a new part of the sewers you may access from the Slums... after finding a key, that is...
    g) ...and soime more...
    ZaghoulStummvonBordwehr
    edited April 2019
    Wow. Ok, well I guess I have some downloading to do!

As an aside, do you know how do you pack up the new worldmap files for Android installs?

[UPDATE] Adding the Worldmap folder to ../files seems to have done the trick - at least I can see Southern Edge. I am guessing the other areas are only triggered on the worldmap by quest, as that is the only area that is visible on the world map which was added. I used the MoveToArea command to get out of Irenicus' dungeon on a new game, so I'm still in Chapter 1 (and obviously haven't triggered a lot of things - I literally waited until I had control of my PC to jump).
    Post edited by Maurvir on
    As an aside, is there any ordering issue with when the G3 Tweak Anthology is applied? I applied it before I downloaded your mods and it seems they both impacted a lot of the same files.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Maurvir

Ah-ah-ah, Tweaks Anthology should be very late in your install order. I can’t remember if it’s supposed to be dead last but it’s not far off at least.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    yeahit should go
    quests
    npc related mods
    tweaks
    banter accelerator
    ::sighs:: I guess I will be redoing the whole lot today, then. :(

Fortunately, now that I know how it works, it's not that hard. Thanks for the heads up!