Skip to content

BG1NPC Bug Report and Discussion Thread

Comments

• CanzahCanzah Member Posts: 37

Canzah said:

When can we expect an update for 2.5?

I am working on finalizing an update (checking components for additional conflicts with BGEE v2.5), but I am currently quite busy IRL (start of a new semester). It may be a week or two.
    Thank you for the fast response, it being in a week or two doesn't bother me. I was more interested in knowing if you were even going to update it so now that you are I'll just wait patiently, thank you.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    I am awaiting a lot of mods being made compatible before I even think about doing a new installation.
    With Gog, it is I who decides when updates are done. :)
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i have not tested it 100% but as of now the current version of the mod does install fine with out any errors. and i hear the ub content that is supposed to be there are not firing so ub may need to still be needed.
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    Not rushing you, but interested to know if things are progressing well. Hopefully RL has been cutting you enough slack to keep going with imo the best mod there is for BG 1.
    SssiksseilorWise_Grimwald
  • MokonaMokona Member Posts: 89
    Can't wait for the next version to come out! I'm looking forward to playing through BG:EE again.
    Sssiksseilor
    Any updates on this?
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    So I ran into something weird and was wondering:

After I killed Tarnesh, I looted all his stuff, including the bounty scroll. This did NOT trigger Imoen to say anything about messing with Tarnesh's spellbook.

Is this a possible bug because I installed this mod onto 2.5 BGEE, OR is it because I have Imoen as a mage, and the mod checks for that class possibility, thus removing the banter?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Dawglicious Its not because of 2.5. I'm still getting that dialogue.
    Dawglicious
    ThacoBell said:

Thanks for letting me know it's not 2.5. I am also running Holic's 3.5 rules mod, which has turned Imoen into a F/M/T. So it could be because she has mage as part of her class, or it could be something else completely that is keeping the game from recognizing Tarnesh's bounty scroll as the trigger for dialogue.

Oh well, not a huge loss, everything else seems to have been working, and it does fit that the MC wouldn't be chastising Imoen about messing with magic if she is already a mage.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited September 2018

ThacoBell said:

Thanks for letting me know it's not 2.5. I am also running Holic's 3.5 rules mod, which has turned Imoen into a F/M/T. So it could be because she has mage as part of her class, or it could be something else completely that is keeping the game from recognizing Tarnesh's bounty scroll as the trigger for dialogue.

Oh well, not a huge loss, everything else seems to have been working, and it does fit that the MC wouldn't be chastising Imoen about messing with magic if she is already a mage.
    The dialog will not fire if Imoen is a mage (including dual- or multi-classed). It has been that way for a long time (probably since it was written).

PS - If you have BG1NPC v23.3 on BGEEv2.5, don't install the Open Cloakwood early components. It will create an issue.
    DawgliciousWise_GrimwaldThacoBell
    Canzah said:

Any updates on this?

Soon, but I won't have time to work on it this weekend (traveling). I think I can get it done by the end of the month (depends on how many issues I find).
    DawgliciousSssiksseilorGusinda

ThacoBell said:

The dialog will not fire if Imoen is a mage (including dual- or multi-classed). It has been that way for a long time (probably since it was written).
    Makes sense! I always beeline to FAI so Imoen (if I still have her in the party) is always still a thief.

Thank you for informing me about this :smile:
    AstroBryGuyWise_Grimwald

Canzah said:

Any updates on this?

Soon, but I won't have time to work on it this weekend (traveling). I think I can get it done by the end of the month (depends on how many issues I find).
    Thanks for response, take your time, I just wanted a status update to know where it's at right now.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    @AstroBryGuy

Looks like a few people are looking to get the update, even @CamDawg is eagerly awaiting it!
    Wise_Grimwald
  • boabadinoboabadino Member Posts: 7
    any update?
    Wise_Grimwald
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited October 2018
    [Feature Request] What about adding the possibility of using Viconia's SoD portrait (as an alternative to her BG2 portrait)?
    Aerakar
    Luke93 said:

[Feature Request] What about adding the possibility of using Viconia's SoD portrait (as an alternative to her BG2 portrait)?

I'd suggest using @smeagolheart's Continuous Viconia Appearance mod. It offers more choices and will edit Viconia's portrait in the BG2 portion of an EET Install. Right now, BG1NPC is installed *before* EET conversion, so it can't modify Viconia's portrait in the BG2 part.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/56009/mod-continous-viconia-appearance-for-bg1ee-bg2ee-sod-and-eet

@CamDawg will probably kill me for suggesting this, but a collection of all the "Use BG1/SoD/BG2 portraits for various NPCs" (e.g., Imoen, Edwin, Minsc, Jaheira, Viconia) components would be an good candidate for Tweaks Anthology.
    Sssiksseilor
  • DarkaenDarkaen Member Posts: 12
    edited October 2018
    @AstroBryGuy Great! Really looking forward to playing with this mod after all the praise I've seen. Thanks!
    Sssiksseilor
  • DurandalisDurandalis Member Posts: 46
    I am looking forward to starting another character after this comes out. It will be especially nice after trying to play the bug-addled mess that is Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

I am looking forward to starting another character after this comes out. It will be especially nice after trying to play the bug-addled mess that is Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

Yeah same.
    Pathfinder needs another month to get it together and I really wanna play some BG in the meantime.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

Luke93 said:

@CamDawg will probably kill me for suggesting this, but a collection of all the "Use BG1/SoD/BG2 portraits for various NPCs" (e.g., Imoen, Edwin, Minsc, Jaheira, Viconia) components would be an good candidate for Tweaks Anthology.
    I've coded this up as a standalone portrait mod for the five NPCs with multiple portraits as I wanted a break from bugfixing. Barring some egregious error turning up in my testing, it'll probably be out later today.
    ronaldoWise_GrimwaldAerakarSssiksseilor
  • Hello Again. I managed to get the game working with the mod and i was playing the game, getting all the way up to the fourth chapter, at which point i'm required to go to Cloakwood. Now, i had chosen (whilst setting up the mod) to allow only the initial area of Cloakwood to be accessed at the beginning of the game, and had (in this save) chosen to explore it prior to chapter 4. But once i reached this area in Chapter 4 and tried to explore the other areas of Cloakwood, no others appeared on the map, halting my progress in the game.

I tested whether this was a problem with the game as a whole by uninstalling the mod, and playing up to Chapter 4 in a new game but no problem was present.

So, i'm wondering how i might solve this problem. Is this an issue relating to how i set up the mod?

Hello Again. I managed to get the game working with the mod and i was playing the game, getting all the way up to the fourth chapter, at which point i'm required to go to Cloakwood. Now, i had chosen (whilst setting up the mod) to allow only the initial area of Cloakwood to be accessed at the beginning of the game, and had (in this save) chosen to explore it prior to chapter 4. But once i reached this area in Chapter 4 and tried to explore the other areas of Cloakwood, no others appeared on the map, halting my progress in the game.

I tested whether this was a problem with the game as a whole by uninstalling the mod, and playing up to Chapter 4 in a new game but no problem was present.

So, i'm wondering how i might solve this problem. Is this an issue relating to how i set up the mod?

Don’t install the Open Cloakwood Early components from BG1NPC 23.3 on BGEE 2.5. Use the version from Tweaks Anthology.
  • Will the Tweaks Anthology installation process be akin to the NPC Project in that i can choose and ignore different components?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yes.

For your game in progress, though, the worldmap is already in your save game and installing Tweaks may be too late to help you. At the console, you can try

C:Eval('RevealAreaOnMap("AR2100")')

This should expose the second Cloakwood area on the worldmap. If you still can't travel to it, use the travel menu in the console to go to ar2100 or just use

C:MoveToArea("AR2100")
    Wise_Grimwald
  • I've already deleted my save, having messed it up when i tried another means of fixing it.
  • Also, do i have to reinstall the NPC project after i install the Tweaks Anthology, or will the Tweaks Anthology installation override aspects of the NPC Project (e.g. Cloakwood)?

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Haha, please. I remember waiting for Ascension to be useable with BG2EE when it first came out. This wait is nothing compared to that. :p
    megamike15