Skip to content

basic item changes to make multi play through s less annoying.

DarkmaekoDarkmaeko Member Posts: 66
all potions / wands no longer have charges aka you only need 1 per tune so you dont need to carry the world around with you... got sick of having an entire inventory of pots on each char and not being able to move due to pots.some basic item upgrades some from bg2 like the big metal unit but changed to werewolf so u dont have to take the armor off all the time to fit through doors and able to cast. one of the +5 wants from the game that was unused re worked it for magic missile wands. removed fear from duralags goblet it was rather pointless being as ring of free action negates it. or other fear ward items etc but healing potions are a very small portion of the game and being as u can only use potions on a cool down and your already poping str pots etc etc etc very minor change. horn of kazrogoth removed the charges from it very good item but it deals dmg to you pentaly anuf for the bonus its giving u so having it dis pear is annoying wasn't a big fan of charges in general u find something good u want to make use of it. most of the images speak for them selves.

Comments

• DarkmaekoDarkmaeko Member Posts: 66
    played through many times with these they are sold by the vendors i forgot to mention that you can buy them in bg and the arena
    nothing over powered minor edit to drizzt armor weapons remain the same but added to vendor so you dont have to murder drizzt if u dont want to
    bg1 is pretty easy in general and has fairly junky items compared to siege and 2 so i like to come into siege with something at least half decent playing on throne of baal D
    all ammunition as well has not charges only need 1 of each
    doubling the spells is fairly minor as well singe as you end up around 30 lvl 1 spells ish but if u dont like the double spells items u dont need to use them taelocs contigency is in the game i just changed the shield that it applies to storm instead of fire blue and added aura cleansing this is the 1 item that is borderline aura cleansing can be fatal if your on auto and your mage just cast a bunch of spells you dont want hahah he can cast allot of spells in a very short window
    there currently is a shield that has aura cleaning for female clerics but its meh
    made heart of mountain into armor instead of vital amulet slot
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    While I don't mind the powering up of items (I agree that a lot of Baldur's Gate 1's items are boring), many of those items look like they've been powered up way too much.
    edited December 2018
    most of these are from bg2 so do with that what u will. but idc u dont like dont use pritty simple . i also only play on TOB mode so no idea what the other modes are like
    edited December 2018
    most have zero edits done to them just brought over to bg`1 added double spell levels instead of double 1 spell level like my mage to be able to cast more then 2 spells... lol i can see how this plus aura cleansing is op as fuck tho i dont always use it just 1 of the fun items i like to play with some times especially when doing solo mage play through
    i was always annoyed having items in bg2 that were super fun to play with but not in bg1 and normally when i do a play through i like to play bg1 sod and bg2 so ovsly i edit the starter map in bg2 so the first chest has the gear from bg1 in it but that is a in issue to allot of people wanting to start it with zero gear but that is not fun to me.
    3 of the items are in bg2 but not in the game i just took them from the dust pile and stuck them in the game/ they were OP from the get go and didnt need editing/also the savriors hide is re worked big metal unit but the unit was so fun to play but u always had to take it off to fit into rooms etc this u dont have to. but there was a tactical advantage to blocking doors as an iron golem as well. so trade off
    great part about bg you can play with a party you can play as 1 dude doesn't really matter its all what you feel like doing that particular play through
    one stack ammo and potions weightless. dont carry billion extra points limiting your characters just but your potions / ammo