Skip to content

Cleric Holy Symbol

This is my first time playing through BG2EE with a high level cleric. (I'm a longtime BG player but new to the EE series.) One of my characters (from MP, not Charname) is a L9 Berserker dual classed to a cleric (no kit). When he hit cleric 25, he received a Holy Symbol of Helm, which he cannot equip since his alignment is (and has always been) CG. Has anyone else had this happen? I guess I'll console in the Lathander symbol, which he should have received. Other than having XP cap removed, I'm not running any mods. (Yet.)

(It's a real fun run btw. Charname is an Inquisitor and the third character is L6 swashbuckler dualed to a mage. Now in the Underdark, and the trio is mowing down everything so far.)

Comments

• DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    That sounds like a bug/mistake, because he should've definitely got the Lathander symbol if he's good aligned. I'd report it and provide your saved game file as proof.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Your Holy Symbol can also be influenced by which church you serve when doing the Unseeing Eye quest. Good-aligned characters who served Helm will get that Holy Symbol.