Skip to content

[MOD] J-UI - Customized SOD version of Lefreut's UI

joshuar9476joshuar9476 Member Posts: 55
I decided to take what was so great about Lefreut's UI and teak it to my liking. After I was done, I decided to place it here for anyone else to use. This mod rearranges the main screen. Any other screens are left as they were created.

Some changes:
  • Stone boxes surround all icons and aspects of the main UI. The NPC boxes around the portraits will only show as the NPC are added to the game.
  • The World Message box and the World Dialog Boxes are the same sizes and centered in the same location. As you gain NPCs into your party, both boxes will shift right but still be centered.
  • The World Dialog Box will only show a portrait if the talking NPC has one. The taking portrait is located to the right of the World Dialog Box.
  • The icons for journal, world map, the clock, etc have been made smaller so as to be symmetrical with the action bar.

Installation Notes

The mod only works to my resolution (1920x1070) or higher. I tried using a lower resolution and everything was beyond the screen. You will also need to install Lefreut's Enhanced UI (SOD skin) first with all components. After that, you can copy my components to your override folder.

I would like as much feedback as I can. I hope you enjoy the new layout as much as I do. Some things I'd like to work on in the future include further journal tweaks.

Screenshots

Solo run

All 6 player slots filled

World Dialog no portrait

World Dialog with portrait

J-UI.zip 111.4K
lefreutBubbGusindaKilivitzJuliusBorisovnepenthesPhælinImionaTheJessaChannel

Comments

• nepenthesnepenthes Member Posts: 4
    Good mod!
    But I'm playing on Android. can't use it all. I want to use only the dialogue portrait part.
    How shall I do it?
  • joshuar9476joshuar9476 Member Posts: 55
    nepenthes said:

Good mod!
    But I'm playing on Android. can't use it all. I want to use only the dialogue portrait part.
    How shall I do it?

I have not tested this on Android at all, nor do I have a way to do so. I am sorry.
  • nepenthesnepenthes Member Posts: 4
    to be okay
    separate Rectangle surrounding portrait From the ui.menu Is there any way to make it appear?
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    I'm liking your changes, however, I have a problem with the mod....see pic. Any way to get the boxes to align with the screen? Resolution is 1920x1200.

I'm liking your changes, however, I have a problem with the mod....see pic. Any way to get the boxes to align with the screen? Resolution is 1920x1200.

Unfortunately that is because I have it setup to run on 1920x1080. In your case, everything needs to be shifted down 120 pixels. I'm trying to figure out how to make my UI mod compatible with other resolutions.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 999
    edited June 2018
    @joshuar9476
    Just in case you haven't found it already, you can use

local screenWidth, screenHeight = Infinity_GetScreenSize()
    to determine the size of the game's window. You can then use

Infinity_SetArea(string menuItemName, int newX, int newY, int newWidth, int newHeight)
    to position your GUI elements dynamically based on the screen size you grabbed earlier. You can use nil here as any of the arguments to not change that specific value.
    Gusindasuy
  • ImionaImiona Member Posts: 30
    Very nice!
  • BombermansBombermans Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2018
    It looks awesome! Is there a way yo place the NPC portrait to the left, though?

Edit: Oh no! It doesn't work on my resolution xDDD Oh well :(
    Post edited by Bombermans on
  • BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99
    @joshuar9476 I really like the tweaks you have for this UI, one question though. As soon as I load up your changes everything looks good, but my journal entries wind up being open by default instead of collapsed as I had chosen with Lefruet's SoD components. Is there any way to avoid this part of it? I know it's minor but I'm just curious. I'm not a modder or anything but I can make edits if needed. Thanks.
  • ImionaImiona Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2018
    For me this Mod breaks the scrolling/automatic scrolling in the Text Box, it always jumps to the top, after talking, after opening a Door, after everything, this drives me crazy^^. I only installed Lefreuts UI to check if this problem starts there, but the scrolling works fine.

This should be adressed, but i dont get my hopes up because the Author hasnt been online for quite some Time now. Maybe someone with knowledge of the UI System could take this Project over, its just a too nice Layout (in my opinion).
    Post edited by Imiona on
    wongoli
    Imiona said:

For me this Mod breaks the scrolling/automatic scrolling in the Text Box, it always jumps to the top, after talking, after opening a Door, after everything, this drives me crazy^^. I only installed Lefreuts UI to check if this problem starts there, but the scrolling works fine.

This should be adressed, but i dont get my hopes up because the Author hasnt been online for quite some Time now. Maybe someone with knowledge of the UI System could take this Project over, its just a too nice Layout (in my opinion).

You're right, and I'm sorryy. I have been gone for some time. I had a laptop failure and just never really got back into the game once I got things sorted out. If I get some time and the game loaded up again, I'll see what I can do.
    Imiona
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    edited December 2018
    Hey, I just wanna say I absolutely love these changes you have made! This is now my favorite UI setup.

But as the person before stated, there is an issue with the scroll bar flicking up. If that could be fixed, it would be amazing.

Also the "Continue" and "End Dialogue" button in the bottom right of the text box often covers text, would it be possible to move that button to where it does not obscure text?

Merry Christmas and thanks for your work on this :)
    Imiona