Skip to content

Pathfinder : Kingmaker

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694

Anyway IMHO they should have addee Dhampir; Aasimar can be played in a lot of similar games. Dhampir is the more unique of the tree possible races...

I don't know if they're in pahtfinder, but I'd have liked Tieflings or something similar, but Dhampir would've been interesting. Are dhampirs part of the core books in pathfinder?
    Not core, so much, but if you go to d20pfsrd.com, you can find everything you need to know about pathfinder, and all sorts of races. As far as I can tell, Damper are a "featured" race, along with Aasimar, Catfolk and others. Read down on the list below to see what races are now allowed.

Core Races Standard Races
    Dwarf Gnoll
    Elf Lizardfolk
    Gnome Monkey Goblin
    Half-Elf Skinwalker
    Half-Orc Triaxian
    Halfling Advanced Races
    Human Android
    Featured Races Gathlain
    Aasimar Ghoran
    Catfolk Kasatha
    Dhampir Lashunta
    Drow Shabti
    Fetchling Syrinx
    Goblin Wyrwood
    Hobgoblin Wyvaran
    Ifrit Monstrous Races
    Kobold Centaur
    Orc Ogre
    Oread Shobhad
    Ratfolk Trox
    Sylph Very Powerful Races
    Tengu Drider
    Tiefling Gargoyle
    Undine Unknown Race Points
    Uncommon Races Aquatic Elf
    Changelings Astomoi
    Duergar Caligni
    Gillmen Deep One Hybrid
    Grippli Ganzi
    Kitsune Kuru
    Merfolk Munavri
    Nagaji Naiad
    Samsarans Orang-Pendak
    Strix Reptoid
    Suli Rougarou
    Svirfneblin Vine Leshy
    Vanara Yaddithian
    Vishkanya Other Races
    Wayangs
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176

Anyway IMHO they should have addee Dhampir; Aasimar can be played in a lot of similar games. Dhampir is the more unique of the tree possible races...

I don't know if they're in pahtfinder, but I'd have liked Tieflings or something similar, but Dhampir would've been interesting. Are dhampirs part of the core books in pathfinder?
    Belongs to Advanced Races, with Tiefling, Drow, Aasimar, etc, see here : https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/

Despite you being unable to be a dhampir, you can be a dhampir's son

"Some particularly zealous scholars even contest dhampirs’ status as a unique race, instead viewing them as humans suffering from an unholy affliction. Indeed, this hypothesis is strengthened by dhampirs’ seeming inability to reproduce, their offspring inevitably humans (usually sorcerers with the undead bloodline)." source > https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-dhampir

Tiefeling is not that interesting IMHO, is just an "opposite aasimar", dhampir in other hands have some unique mechanics. Sunlight Syndrome, Fangs, etc; not mention, they are more unique.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Actuslly. Tieflings were first, so Aasimar were "Opposite Tieflings".
    LadyRhian said:

Actuslly. Tieflings were first, so Aasimar were "Opposite Tieflings".

You are right, but my point is that dhampir is the most unique "advanced race"... Tieflings, when i heard this word, i remember the annoying NWN2 companion, when i heard Dhampir, i remember cool guys like Blade, D from vampire hunter D, etc
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577

Tiefeling is not that interesting IMHO, is just an "opposite aasimar", dhampir in other hands have some unique mechanics. Sunlight Syndrome, Fangs, etc; not mention, they are more unique.

Ya, but they look cooler B)

Ya, but they look cooler B)
    I don't think that a tiefling can be cooler than this guy, IMHO for infernal bloodlines, an cambion is more interesting than a tiefeling but i really like dhampirs since Casltevania SoN

So this time, I've been rolling with Valerie, and she managed to

Win the duel against the Shelyn Paladin.

She had fairly decent gear already at level 7, the +1 flaming bastard sword, the +1 fire resistant tower shield and Adamantine +1 full plate mail. I gave her the rest of my best gear, buffed her with bless, divine shield, heroism and chugged potions of enlarge person and healing through the fight. I had an interesting idea that proved really helpful too, I cast mage armor on her. This way when the Paladin sundered her armor, she still got the +4 from mage armor. A lot of it also is just outlasting his buffs, and the crap ton of lay on hands the guy has.

The outcome's pretty much the same as if she lost, but just felt great to put that guy in his place.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    I dearly, dearly hope Kitsune appear as a DLC or something. Pathfinder is my only hope of ever playing one with the exception of mods in The Elder scrolls games. I played them often before I moved from Pathfinder to 5e and even then I’ve homebrewed a Kitsune race for my homebrew setting.
    Vallmyr said:

I dearly, dearly hope Kitsune appear as a DLC or something. Pathfinder is my only hope of ever playing one with the exception of mods in The Elder scrolls games. I played them often before I moved from Pathfinder to 5e and even then I’ve homebrewed a Kitsune race for my homebrew setting.

Interesting. I played one way back my white wolf days.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    chimaera said:

Vallmyr said:

I would say charisma is probably the 2nd most important stat for a caster centric cleric. More charisma means more channels per day and it makes it harder for undead to save against the damage.

I'm quite curious how the offensive version (damage living, as used by enemy priests) works in the long run. Might try the 'no armor' cleric as an offensive spellcaster for the evil run. If they fix the class, that is, because the second domain wasn't working when I've tried it.
    I believe it does work, but not how it is described in the text. Rather than choosing a domain "first thing in the morning" it lets you select your domain spells from any of the domains open to your deity.
    chimaera said:

@Fardragon
    Then they should either change the mechanics or the description. Tristian at least could memorize fireballs in his non-domain slots in my game, but I've seen people reporting they couldn't do it, so something is buggy about this mechanics anyway.

Yes, I believe the description is from PnP, I can see why the implementation needs to be different in the CRPG, but the text should reflect the change.
    There are a number of text references to things that aren't in the game: spiked chain, thrown weapons, etc.
    edited October 2018
    Despite all flaws, i love this type of game.

Due a bug, pitax even after i defeated the king, still sending assassins to my kingdom, after a time, i don't know why i lost my kingdom. Reestarted, same class(Sorcerer) but this time i an lawful evil(instead of chaotic good) and decided to play with small party(2-3) and with no xp share.

My experience is COMPLETELY different compare to my first play trough At moment my city is vastly different, most conversations was different, the combat i was using completely different strategies to take out enemies, i fought stag lord at lv 6 almost 7. Don't know if the game will bug this time but if will bug, i expect at least see the tier 8/9 spells since i only reached tier 7 with my silver dragon sorcerer. The +5 DR/Magic from my bloodline is very helpful.

At moment i an solving the troll problems with 3 party members. I know that some puzzles on other areas requires a bigger party but i will try solve with no more than 4 members. Be anything and choose everything IMHO is what makes the RPG's great. I don't like the RPG"s who forces you to play with a specific character, mainly when the MC is a boring androgynous teenager with an oversized sword.

------------------------

Anyone here managed to solo this game? I managed to solo IWD:EE with sorcerer(Dragon disciple)
    Post edited by SorcererV1ct0r on
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited October 2018
    Okay, I was testing out some builds and suddenly this happened

edited October 2018
    iKrivetko said:

Okay, I was testing out some builds and suddenly this happened

How you started the game with tier 9 spells? What save editor did you used?
    I am coming to the opinion that Arcane Trickster is the best option for DPS.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Touch attack sneak attack damage, I guess?
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    I definitely can’t think of any other class capable of dealing 750 damage in a single round. Hardly any enemy can survive half that amount. Moreover, it’s very hard to avoid it: it’s a touch attack AND you negate dex + dodge ac via impromptu sneak attack.

But there’s more going on than you might think: the surprise spells feat at AT10 adds sneak dice to any damage instance caused by a spell, and because Hellfire Ray has two damage instances per ray (fire + unholy) you actually roll your sneak dice SIX TIMES for a total of at least 42d6. But there’s even more: I looked at the combat log and it showed 10d6 for my sneaks when I should have had 7d6 (2 prereq + 5 AT), so that’s 60d6 sneak + 45d6 via the spell itself (and in this particular case it’s also maximised).
    scriver said:

Touch attack sneak attack damage, I guess?

Ranged touch attack sneak damage. Those otherwise useless cantrips become awesome.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Ever wanted to roleplay as a Goblin King? Lookie what I just found on the nexus: playable gobs!

I did enjoy playing all my half-orcs in P:K. But playing as those hollywood gremlins? I'm lovin' it! xD
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Just gonna throw my two sense in, I after playing a few hour of it, i still prefer good old Forgotten Realms, DnD. so Pathfinder but you dont cut it for me.

Ever wanted to roleplay as a Goblin King? Lookie what I just found on the nexus: playable gobs!

I did enjoy playing all my half-orcs in P:K. But playing as those hollywood gremlins? I'm lovin' it! xD

Amazing. I hope that someone mods and allow you to play as a vampire(with sun damage and everything) or at least dhampir, unfortunately dhampir lost on the pool about "extra race"... Imagine if all extra races of pathfinder is added...

PS : Is this mod following the RULES? https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-goblin
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    What it does is basically unlocking the same race Nok-Nok uses to the player. The stats are as you can see in the screenshot. There are no alternative racial traits for goblins. Or Darkvision for that matter. Although the latter doesn't exist in the entire game for some reason.

AFAIK the only noteable difference is that the speed is 20 instead of the 30, which PnP seems to indicate.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Guys, my raise dead scrolls arent working on certain dead companions , is there anything I can do about it? I'm about to face the stag lord.
    edited October 2018
    Possibly the one who is already dead? Or possibly they where chunked? Or the character reading the scroll failed UMD check?

You can adjust the difficulty settings on the fly, you might try turning off perma-death.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Fardragon said:

Possibly the one who is already dead? Or possibly they where chunked? Or the character reading the scroll failed UMD check?

You can adjust the difficulty settings on the fly, you might try turning off perma-death.

It was the UMD check! Thank you very much .