Skip to content

Beamdog Client question.

Hello; I was unsure where to post this, so if it's in the wrong area, please feel free to move.
About a week back I got a pop-up message that the Beamdog Client would update the next time it was started, this was fine and I let it do that (I think, didn't see it run through any updates) But I noticed that now I have a long list of mods under the Digital Deluxe drop down. I'm guessing this is fine and is a list of all mods I own through Beamdog on NWN-EE. However, it brings up a question for me: Are these just games I own, or are they games I own that need updated??

Silly question I know, but it's one that has been bugging me for a week now...

Thanks for any replies;
Grom

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Most likely it's because Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe on Beamdog.com has been split into individual DLCs. All owners of the the Digital Deluxe were provisioned with the appropriate DLCs. If you're in doubt, don't hesitate to click on anything you see in the drop-down menu. If the item is not purchased by you, it'll tell you that you must buy it first.
  • grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
    Great! Thanks @JuliusBorisov I'll give it a try.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Also if any of them need to be updated you'll get the yellow update button when you click on an individual item.

TR
  • grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
    edited December 2018
    I'm waking this thread up again as I find myself with more questions about my client. This week I started seeing a yellow update button on my Retail (Guessing that's the Enhanced Edition) game and my old DD game. I read the recap of the blog from yesterday and saw that the games are not due for an update until after the new year. My client has been updated already, I now show the new languages in my drop down listing.

This brings up a few questions:

Is this a true update?? What is it an update for?? At my PW we players try to hold off updating until the server updates, otherwise we are unable to play until the server does update. However, none of us can figure out IF we should update with this???

Is there a thread that posts pending updates?? I've looked everywhere I can think of, and can find no posting for this update, or for that matter past updates. I know I've seen such posts in the past, but truthfully, I can't find them now. Am I looking in the wrong place??

Here is a screenshot of my client as it looks at this time:

Thank you for your help with this!
    Grom