Skip to content

So who lives in the house at High Hedge?

Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861

I just killed the Huge Spider lurking outside the house to the west of Thalantyr's High Hedge Estate and I got to wondering who lives in a house like this? Whoever it is only just left because there is smoke coming out of the chimney so a fire is still burning in the grate.

I figure it must be a druid or a ranger type since they are living out of town away from civilisation and have made their home in an area infested with gnolls, skeletons, spiders and bears (oh my!). Maybe it is where Kivan has been living? Or has Thalantyr been doing Airbnb and his tenants ran off as soon as they realised that the comfortable holiday cottage he had advertised wasn't quite as idyllic as he made out?

Image taken from the Dudleyville Baldur's Gate walkthrough: http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar3200.htm
compleCCityThacoBellStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov

Comments

• LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    I always thought it's Thalantyr's house. In the game he always stays in High Hedge but I wouldn't think he likes to sleep in his lab or whatever it's supposed to be. There's not even a bed there.
    ConjurerDragon
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited October 2018
    I don't think it looks grand enough for Thalantyr. I've always assumed that there were more rooms in his High Hedge Estate and that we just don't have access to them.
    compleCCityThacoBell
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    When that map was designed, it was supposed to be right next to Beregost, you can see part of the pavement on the east side of the map that is a continuation of the Beregost map... whoever lived in the house was actually just a couple of minutes walk away from town.
    I always assumed it belonged to some random peasant/woodsman who has probably been eaten by spiders or something.
    ThacoBellscriver
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    perhaps it is YOU @Permidion_Stark since that is the map we first run in to you ;)

although in more seriousness i always thought it was kivan's house, would make sense, perhaps kivan was just out hunting when he runs in to your group of chums
    Permidion_Stark
    sarevok57 said:

perhaps it is YOU @Permidion_Stark since that is the map we first run in to you ;)

although in more seriousness i always thought it was kivan's house, would make sense, perhaps kivan was just out hunting when he runs in to your group of chums

I don't think it's my house. There's a locked chest in the kitchen and I can't open it!
    StummvonBordwehr
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    I figured it was long since abandoned. It's overrun with giant spiders isn't it?
  • WatchForWolvesWatchForWolves Member Posts: 183
    Uh, Kivan?
    DJKajuru[Deleted User]
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I would bet it's Kivan, but I could be wrong.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited October 2018
    I also imagined Thalantyr to have some hidden quarters in the High Hedge Estate. I always imagined the house to be abandonded. Kivan is only there by chance, I never connected him with the house.

Ascalon's Questpack adds a couple with a quest to teh house. If there is indeed a spider in it I am not sure what happens to that.
    jastey said:

Ascalon's Questpack adds a couple with a quest to teh house. If there is indeed a spider in it I am not sure what happens to that.

The spider is outside the house and oddly there is a gnoll standing nearby as well. It's odd because you don't often get creatures of different types - and that really ought to be hostile to each other - standing close enough to see each other.

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The critter parts mod has a tanner that lives there.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Thalantyr's love interest?
    Permidion_Stark
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    ThacoBellBalrog99