Skip to content

Highest XP quests

I'm doing a quick run at the moment, but like to get close to the xp cap. What are comperatively low effort high xp quests to do? Tips welcome. I'm a level 6/7 F/T and just did the Iron Throne for Duke Eltan. Haven't reported back yet for obvious reasons.

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    It's hard to say that because we don't know what quests you haven't done yet, but killing the Basilisk in the city is worth a bit and theres that other wizard who has guardians in the NW section of the city, also.
    Dordledum
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    I meant in general, but haven't done those two yet indeed.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    The werewolf island give a decent amount, you can sleep abuse a couple of times to spawn ~6 or so werewolves that give a decent chunk of EXP each. Don't rest too many times though. Same with Shandalar's ice island quest, quite a lot of mages there to kill for a good deal of EXP.

In an earlier patch you could sleep abuse the map with the sirenes, plant a lot of traps just shy of the beach there until like 10 sirene's spawned and died to your traps instantly. They grant like 2k EXP each and doing that a few times was enough to level up everyone quickly. Much quicker than ankhegs or wyverns. Tried it recently, but can't get them to spawn anymore since 2.5. Used to be my go-to way to insta-level, all you needed was a thief.

I'll let the better players go into details about actual quests though :P I'm really bad at remembering such things even after playing the game 100 times, haha.
    Dordledum
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    If you haven't already visited Durlag's Tower the three Battle Horrors you find outside give 4,000 EXP each and they are a piece of cake for a thief with Paws of the Cheetah and decent stealth. You can hide in the shadows, backstab them, run away, rinse and repeat.
    Dordledum
    I just realised I got it wrong, there are just two Battle Horrors and one Doom Guard. The latter is only worth 2000 EXP.
    edited November 2018
    Turns out I was right the first time. I just found a third Battle Horror on the battlements. I hadn't noticed him before because I had missed the doorway:

So that's 12,000 EXP for Battle Horrors plus a bonus 2,000 EXP for the Doom Guard. Not a bad haul for a fight you can win without breaking sweat.
    DordledumSkatan
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    edited November 2018
    Well, these aren't quests but the basilisk map obviously sports some very high exp. Potions of absorbtion and take out flesh golems in high hedge and Safana's cave for 2k piece. Sirene's for 2k piece. If you don't mind the powerplayerish option you can go ransack Beregost temple for some high exp (also I don't think Keldath is rep loss in EE, I did this once in EE and I didn't notice my reputation taking a hit).

I think Samuel quest is a couple of thousands. I'm not sure what the exact values are but stealing the telescope, recovirng Yagos spellbook, rescuing the nymph, rescuing the kid from umberlee's temple (also helping Tanya earlier), helping out Aldeth and and the quest for recovering helm of balduran are pretty worthy if memory serves (EDIT: also halruaan ship parts. I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the bigger ones). Most of the quests in gate that are found inside random houses tend to be more low key exp. There's that greater basilisk in the south BG warehouse. Also take some petrification protection with you into chapter 6 since the last tunnels house a couple of those things.

TotSC quests, if memory serves, are pretty high exp.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    The quest where you have to find the helm of Balduran for Degrodel is very good experience, especially if you kill Degrodel after giving him the Helmet, before he ports out.
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    Ammar said:

The quest where you have to find the helm of Balduran for Degrodel is very good experience, especially if you kill Degrodel after giving him the Helmet, before he ports out.

Trying to kill Degrodel isn't worth the risk of him escaping and taking the helm with him in my experience. Shame there isn't a dialog option where you can refuse to give it to him and start a fight without risking losing the helm.
    edited November 2018
    A trip to the outer battlements of Durlag's was nice indeed, also a couple of Greater Basilisks there.
    Post edited by Dordledum on
    Permidion_Stark
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Pingwin said:

Trying to kill Degrodel isn't worth the risk of him escaping and taking the helm with him in my experience. Shame there isn't a dialog option where you can refuse to give it to him and start a fight without risking losing the helm.

I've never found difficulties on killing him after completing the quest; he doesn't protect at all and he is a mage with 40 hp, few hits and he's gone. Maybe it's needed to reload once or twice but nothing more.
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    Just surround him with archers and throw all possible magic missiles at him and he should be gone. Never took more than 1 try after the very first time I've done it. You might even get a backstab on him. Just prepare for it and pause the game immediately after the dialogue.
    Daevelon
  • smyth25smyth25 Member Posts: 219
    This might seem slightly scary with the poison and all but Marek and Lothander's quest nets a lot of XP. You get 10,000 when you cure the poison, you can potentially kill Lothander for 4000 XP (perhaps using backstab) and you can also kill Jalantha in the temple of Umberlee for 6000 XP with no hit to rep. This is especially good since you can also keep the tome of wisdom and get Tremain's son's body back for free as well (which grants 5000 XP).
    DordledumSkatan
    smyth25 said:

This might seem slightly scary with the poison and all but Marek and Lothander's quest nets a lot of XP. You get 10,000 when you cure the poison, you can potentially kill Lothander for 4000 XP (perhaps using backstab) and you can also kill Jalantha in the temple of Umberlee for 6000 XP with no hit to rep. This is especially good since you can also keep the tome of wisdom and get Tremain's son's body back for free as well (which grants 5000 XP).

I night go back to the temple to see if she's still around. Annoyed about giving away the tome. Might try pickpocketing first, not a fan of random murdering.
    Dordledum said:

A trip to the outer battlements of Durlag's was nice indeed, also a couple of Greater Basilisks there.

Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about those and I just leveled up after going back to deal with them.
    Dordledum
  • thiefthief Member Posts: 45
    Quests:
    - return Brage safely to Nashkel; 1000 xp (additional 2400 xp for downing Brage and Nalin)
    - protect Charleston Nib from diggers; 1000 xp
    - help Prism, kill Greywolf; 1600 xp (total)
    - help Tenya; 2500 xp
    - steal items for Alatos; 4000+ xp
    - free Abela, kill deranged elders; 4000+ xp
    - bring telescope from Hall of Wonders to Brevlik; 5500 xp
    - get invitations from Slythe and Krystin, be confident; 8000 xp
    - Degrodel quest for Helm and Cloak, resulting in his untimely demise; min. 15.000 xp for guards (twice)