Skip to content

(BUG) Saving the game at a random moment deleted saved game.

I don't know if that as been reported, but if it already has been then ignore this one.

System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit, I5-4690K, 32 GB, GTX980 ti

So I started playing the original campaign just for kicks and it also as been a long time. So there I was on my last quests of chapter one in "Blacklake". I headed for the "Zoo", paid my gold coin, as I past the guard I decided to turn left in this "cul de sac" free space to save my game and quit for the evening.

Now when I clicked "Save", I got the "Buzy" cursor and the game stopped responding. After forcefully closing the game and restarting it to check on my save... well not only did it not save, but my saved game was gone! *Poof* just like that. Well that sucks after putting in a few hours of play just so that in the end, it was pointless.

Check it out. I don't have anymore information/DATA/screens. Do with the info what you will, but I'm not registering to yet another website to report bugs.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    @Lord_Sullivan Please see questions from our QA in a similar situation: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/37578
  • Lord_SullivanLord_Sullivan Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2018
    Well according do that link, the differences between that situation and mine is:

* I have NWN:EE from the Beamdog client
    * I was not running the Beamdog Client at the time
    * It only happened that one time. I had previously saved many times before.
    * I don't run anti-virus software. There is only "Windows Defender" which is part of windows 7

As a side note, this has never happened with the original NWN Vanila.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    Сan you add the NWN folder from Documents to the exceptions of your Windows Defender?

Compared to the original NWN, which had all the files in Program Files, now NWN:EE has saves, portraits, haks etc in the Documents folder.
  • Lord_SullivanLord_Sullivan Member Posts: 6
    So I had restarted the campaign and am now in chapter 3 "Beorunna's Well" without incident.
    It really was a one time random fluke.