Skip to content

BG:EE, SoD 2.5 patches, Infinity Engine fixes and features, + the additional 2.5 IWD:EE patch

12346»

Comments

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I've noticed the 2.5 patch changed the attack types of some creatures like slimes, etc. to do crushing damage (despite being missile attacks). Can anyone clarify how these crushing missile attacks work? Do they make attack rolls against missile AC or crushing AC?
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    edited October 2018
    Adul said:

I've noticed the 2.5 patch changed the attack types of some creatures like slimes, etc. to do crushing damage (despite being missile attacks). Can anyone clarify how these crushing missile attacks work? Do they make attack rolls against missile AC or crushing AC?

I believe its crushing AC, but @JuliusBorisov is going to have to confirm it.

Adul
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited October 2018
    @Adul
    Ranged ≠ Missile
    The actual creatures, Ochre Slime and Mustard Jelly, those with ranged attacks, have always been crushing attacks, not missile attacks. They work against Crushing AC and Crushing Resistance.

The Polymorph version of Mustard Jelly was terribly broken in some prior versions - it had a MELEE attack that did pitiful(1d6 instead of 5d4) missile(BG2) or crushing(BG1) damage. It has been brought in line with the actual creature's attack.
    TorgrimmerThacoBell
    edited October 2018
    @kjeron I believe mustard jellies used missile attacks and did piercing damage prior to 2.5, at least in the unmodded game. Maybe you're thinking of SCS?
    I could've sworn they used to do piercing damage in v2.3, but I cannot check as I don't have it installed. Was it perhaps changed somewhere along the way?

I'm also still interested if they attack against crushing or missile AC. Or maybe both adjustments apply?
    edited October 2018
    @Adul
    From 2.5 to now or post 2.5 its crushing AC.
    Adul
    edited October 2018
    Well, I just installed 2.3 to check, and they do crushing damage. :p

False alarm everyone! I'm just going insane.
    TorgrimmerJuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
    lol, told ya, lol :wink:
    JuliusBorisovAdul
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Just encountered a funny bug

Trolls dont like the FoA +3, but dont mind the FoA +4. Is it just on iPhone this seems to be the problem? And is it being worked on? Its the poison head FoA +4 btw
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Since installing the 2.5 update for BG:EE on my Samsung Galaxy Tab, I haven't been able to play the game because the bottom navigation bar keeps obstructing the part of the screen where the in-game action bar would be.

I've also noticed other issues, such as broken up textures in menus, etc. I could probably ignore those, but not being able to use the action bar makes the game unplayable.

Before updating, I used to have BG:EE v1.3 installed on the same device, which had none of the issues I've mentioned above. Is there a way to go back to using v1.3?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Adul Do you, by chance, use pre 4.4 KitKat? There's no way to go back to 1.3 on Google Play. The issue is known.
    Adul
    @JuliusBorisov I'm not sure, I barely use Android devices, so my experience is limited. It says that the Android version is 4.2.2, and when I check for updates it says that I'm already up-to-date. Should I be using a different version?
    Yes, you use a rather old Android OS. If possible, update to at least to 4.4.
    Adul
    Looks like 4.2.2 is the latest (official) Android version available for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.

I tried to look into the existential nightmare that is the custom Android firmware install process, but I'm not sure whether my tech-fu is up to that seemingly insurmountable task.
    JuliusBorisov