Skip to content

20 new achievements for 20th anniversary!

So in stream couple weeks ago Trent mentioned about doing something special for upcoming anniversary, and adding 20 new achievements is (maybe) on the table

So here are my ideas, maybe some of them are not completely terrible :D

1. "Dont poke Drizzt" - kill Drizzt (I'm suprissed it's not actually an achievement)
2. Save Drizzt.
3. "Head hunter" - deliver 100 scalps from bandits.
4. I have no strong feelings one way or the other" - have full party of neutral characters (it's a reference to futurama)
5. "Traveler" - visit every location
6. Save miner Beldin - it's quite hard but possible, check this out:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44983/miner-beldin-and-the-yipping-demons
(or just have Kivan in your team, he will save him automatically)
7. Golden Pantaloons - keep them for entire game (I'm also surprised it's not achievement yet)
8. "Iron crisis" - lost normal weapon due to iron crisis.
9. "TheGreatGonzo" - finish Melicamp Quest (talking chicken)
10. "Blackmailer" - blackmail Elkart in BG (you need to have Eldoth and Skie in your team)
11. "No rest for the wicked" - finish game without resting (could be a real challenge)
12. "In Balduran's Image" - same achievement like in BG2:EE (have all Baldurian things on you)
13. Wear 4 cursed items at once (could be more, but I'm not sure how much is max)
14. Thief guild quest.
15. Achievement for finishin Werewolf island would be nice.
16. "Great Hunter" - get reward for wyvern head, white wolf pelt, and Ankheg skin
17. "Alveus Malcanter" - finish game as 1st level mage.
18. Safana's Treasure Hunt achievement.
19. Children of Waukeen - accumulate 500 000 gold
20. "Arcanum" - find and use all tomes of knowledge
21. "Don't believe his lies" - listen to Sarevok in Candlekeep and kill leaders of Iron Throne.
22. "Vampire sword" - get magical sword from Ulcaster
23. "Why so serious?" - have party of mad people (Tiax, Xzar and Minsc)
24. "Problems in paradise" - have party conflict (fight)
25. "Are You Not Entertained?" - finish The Black Pits
gugulug5000UnderstandMouseMagicSssiksseilorOlvynChurusarevok57

Comments

• gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    I enjoy going for achievements too, so I would be all for some new ones being added. I'd also add ones for:
    1. Finishing Rasaad's quest.
    2. Finishing Dorn's quest.
    3. Finishing Neera's quest.
    4. Finishing the Ice Labyrinth.
    5. Not killing Noober.
    DJ_Raptor
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    DJ_Raptor said:

4. I have no strong feelings one way or the other" - have full party of neutral characters (it's a reference to futurama)

Pfft, like there are any Futurama fans on the dev team.

Though I would have gone with "Were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?" instead.
  • DJ_RaptorDJ_Raptor Member Posts: 16
    26. "Children of Candleekeep" - read every book in game
    compleCCityLoldrup
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    Saving miner Beldin... Kivan doesn't save him automatically, unless that is something a mod has added. I've passed through the Nashkell mines with Kivan numerous times and Beldin always dies straightaway.
    sarevok57
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Pingwin said:

Saving miner Beldin... Kivan doesn't save him automatically, unless that is something a mod has added. I've passed through the Nashkell mines with Kivan numerous times and Beldin always dies straightaway.

I think it's from the NPC mod.

(would recommend installing that mod anyway)
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    yeah i consider npc project canon.

set the world on fire : romancing neera.
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    Hmh, let's see. Probably not going for like 5 here.

1. Killing Drizzt - Should absolutely be one. So many good name choises too. "That's not canon", "You can't do that", "You're going to regret that later...", "Powerplay 4 life", "Disrespect" etc.
    2. Vampiric sword - Should also be one. It's not the most obscure thing / easter egg I've seen in my games but it's pretty obscure since usually if you get the armor you turn that in right then and there. I'd bet a lot of people don't even know about that thing.
    3. Selfish - Use all 8 stat tomes on yourself. Although I guess programming the tracking for this achievement would a bit much for just a fun add on achievement.
    4. Gotta catch 'em all - had every single NPC party member join you at least once. Same thing as above tho.
    5. Pacifist - Complete the game without killing anyone (with any of your party members). I'm 99,5 % sure this is possible.
    6. Foreboding - Charm Centeol and hear her backstory (I actually didn't even know about this option... Goddamn. I was looking up her name because I was going to suggest "got knocked out by Centeol". Too bad I just killed her in my current run :disappointed: )
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Lammas said:

5. Pacifist - Complete the game without killing anyone (with any of your party members). I'm 99,5 % sure this is possible.

It's certainly possible in BG1 to avoid killing anything with your party, summons or charmed creatures, i.e. anything you get XP for. Annoyingly though, you can't avoid getting the quest XP for the death of Sarevok whether you kill him or not, so it's not possible to complete BG1 with 0 XP.
    Lammas
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    bg is not fallout you have to kill people to progress there is no much thing as a pacfist run.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    There are a few people that have to die, though not very many. However, a pacifist run means that you don't actually kill any of them - though I agree you do need to plan carefully in order to make that happen B).
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    edited November 2018
    The only characters that I can think of that has to die is Mulahey, Slythe, the doppelgangers in coronation and Sarevok. All of those situations can be solved without you or your party getting credit or XP for kills (charms or traps).
    EDIT: And Davaeorn
    Post edited by Lammas on
  • DJ_RaptorDJ_Raptor Member Posts: 16
    27. Get drunk in every town/inn