Skip to content

Top 10 BG Background Characters

2»

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Actually scratch that Bondari and friends are technically relavant to the main storyline, so they wouldn't fit on this list.

If you guys want to make your own lists that's cool with me, but please respect my opinion.
    edited November 2018
    @Lord_Tansheron
    I looked this character up and just to be clear, I'm only doing canon material on any of my lists. Sorry :(
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Actually scratch that Bondari and friends are technically relavant to the main storyline, so they wouldn't fit on this list.

If you guys want to make your own lists that's cool with me, but please respect my opinion.

It's not a matter of not respecting your opinion, more making a suggestion in a thread titled,

"Top Ten BG Background Characters".

If you didn't want posters input you should have made that clear in the title.

It's not very welcoming or sociable to create a thread and then behave like a dictator about what people can post and follow that with "go away, make your own thread."

And what if every forum poster did make their "own" thread rather than contributing to others?
    The board would soon become filled up and become something like a series of blogs rather than "general discussion".
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    No one is behaving like a dictator here. This is just a harmless thread about background characters.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

No one is behaving like a dictator here. This is just a harmless thread about background characters.

I agree, so why was there a couple of posts telling people that this thread wasn't the place for them to post their opinions?
    Especially as, talking for myself, there was no malice or wish to upset anybody, it was just opinion prompted by the title.

Nearly every thread on the board tends to wander a bit Off Topic and usually there are no objections until things get really mixed up.

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I think the issue was that Bondari the Reloader isn't really a background character; he's an optional method for completing part of the main quest of ToB.

Matron Mother Ardulace is also part of an optional means of completing the main quest and is also on-screen for about the same amount of time as Bondari, but we wouldn't really call her a background character, since she plays a role in the main quest. None of the other background characters on the list have any link to the main quest, even indirectly.
    Honorable Mentions (In No Particular Order)
    1. Bassilus- Another secondary villain that I think deserves more credit. I'm planning on giving a spotlight in a BG Spin-Off Story I'm working on.
    2. Salvanas- Talk to him with any female NPC...the results are worth it
    3. Biff the Understudy- An amusing bug-fix character for BG who makes a cameo apperance in BG2. Fun for the whole family but never take him along.
    4. Melicamp- Forsooth! Me thinks you are no ordinary talking chicken
    5. Rumar and Gang- RUMAR! ARE YOU TRYING TO HIDE FROM ME IN THIS...LIST? I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!
    6. Lazarus Libarus- This guy really gets around doesn't he?
    7. Pantaloon Smith- I can't remember this guys name, but thank the stars for him helping this absurd easter egg come to fruititon
    8. Uncle Lester- Cheap Sweater? Well I'll have you know your grandfather wore that you ungrateful git!

If I come up with more I'll let you know

Bottom 10 Worst Background Characters?
    (Deep Breath)

Coming Soon