Skip to content

Which Character Should I Play Next?

First of all, thanks to @JuliusBorisov for letting me recreate this poll after making a mistake earlier.
Now to business: So I recently finished my New Party Challenge run and I wanted to do another one. But this time I'm going to let you guys choose my next character from a list of ideas I've had floating in my head for a while. I will update in journal form alongside my screenshots so you can follow my story and hopefully get invested yourself. Now let the choosing begin!
  1. Which Character Should I Play Next?18 votes
    1. Monrok Torvenal LG Human Cavalier
      11.11%
    2. Female Cavalier (I'll need help with a name)
        5.56%
    3. Fatso Thugargantuan: NG Gnome Beserker
      16.67%
    4. Zhira Redthorn: CG Human Shadowdancer
      11.11%
    5. He Who Kicketh Ass: LN Half-Orx Monk
      11.11%
    6. Kevin of Candlekeep: CN Elven Bard
      16.67%
    7. Arth'nor Arrenthorn LE Human Cleric/Mage
        5.56%
    8. Sorviz Narro: NE Half-Elf Necromancer
      11.11%
    9. Rath the Unyielding: CE Dwarven Defender
      11.11%
JuliusBorisovAerakar

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Female Cavalier (I'll need help with a name)

Shaglolou Tuskhalo: NG Half-Orc Cavalier (Fallen)

Because fallen Paladins make for way more interesting characters. Also: green is justice!
    BlackravenZaramMaldovar
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Ive got mods for species but not alignment. My Paladin will be human if she is chosen but i appreciate your suggestion
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I'm gonna have to go with the one with the best name. Redthorn sounds cool.
    ZaramMaldovar
    @semiticgod
    I gave her a last name because it seemed out of place not to, I don't know if her character name will be her full name because it means everyone says the full name, which bugs me.

For most of these however, the full name actually works surprisingly well.

Thank you for your input.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    How do you pronounce Zhira? I'm guessing it's zee-ruh or zai-ruh, but I keep thinking of it in terms of how it would be pronounced in Chinese, since "zhi" is a syllable in Pinyin. I keep hearing the Chinese pronunciation, which is close to "jur-rah."
    @semiticgod
    Zeer-uh. Like Zero but without the o and then uh. Zeer-Uh.
    semiticgoddess
    I've attempted her before, but restartitus is a pain.
    Zaghoul
    Seems to be pretty close so far.

I can haz more votes plz?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    My vote didn't help at all! :D
    ZaramMaldovarsemiticgoddess
    @Thacobell I suppose not but it's still important. I want everyone involved so I can make the best game as soon as possible.
    Well things have gotten interesting now.

Let's keep the votes open for now.

Must...refrain...from...playing...until...election...over....GAHHH!

You may proceed.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    We now have many new bard kits to enjoy, as well as a new system of magic you might like. Seeing that you have bard, monk and a pure caster (necromancer), you might like Shadow Magic for either the nightsinger bard, shadow monk, and shadow adept (pure caster). Out if those three the two casters also get unique familiars with class abilities (a bard, a ranger, and a shadowdancer depending on alignment) that level up as well. There are powerful summons compared to the standard ones, plus a smattering of specific shadow magic items.
    Bardic Wonders is really good as well and offers many new options and items. That's in addition to the older Song and Silence and Rogue Rebalancing mods for bards and thieves.
    ZaramMaldovarThacoBell
    @Zaghoul
    Thank you, but I've got quite enough mods at the moment and I don't want to suffer from mod overload. If Kevin ends up being the winner (which is a good possibliity at this point) I will play one of the classes already assigned to the game.

Perhaps a Skald.
    I see this is going to take a while for the tide to turn. Should I create all the characters in anticipation so I can be ready or is that just the restartitus talking?
    Blackraven
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Alternatively, you could create a whole custom party using all of the above poll characters. You could even roleplay the whole party as a single character who has a bad case of dissociative identity disorder.
    ZaramMaldovarBlackraven
    Ummm...no. But thanks for the suggestion. It sounds like a fun concepr but I need my NPC interaction.
    I see this is going to take a while.

Also note that the mod I used to take away class restrictions for some reason still requires my character to be Human if they are a Monk.

So I guess if He Who Kicketh Ass wins, his human heritage will be more apparent.
    Hmm..I may end up choosing Kevin since he has 3 votes now and the poll is taking a while to pick up.

I really just want to play.

But for now, the voting continues.
    Ok:
    Kevin of Candlekeep it is.

But by all means please keep talking about characters, it'll give me something interesting to consider for my next playthrough.

Thanks for voting everyone.
    ZaghoulAerakarThacoBellDanacm