Skip to content

Many old mods adapted for BG2EE

deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 227
edited January 25 in BGII:EE Mods

Edit : all these mods have finally been converted to EET. Search on the net and Github.

I have converted many old BG2 mods to add to them the compatibility with BG2EE

Shops :

- Bolsa add a trader just near Ribald. (Updated, take it here)

- Mortis mini mod: add two traders who sells potions for polymorph the drinker into creatures or undeads.

- Mystigan add a trader in the Government District.

- The Unusual Oddities Shop : add a merchant of overpowered items. (Updated, take it here)

- The under-represented item mod, classic from Wesley Weimer, add Conlan (weapons from IWD2 earth of fury mod) to the adventurer mart.

Add-ons to existing shops :

- IWD Item pack: add items from IWD2 to Joluv. (Updated, take it here)

- RTT Item Pack add 51 powerfull items to the Ribald's special store after underdark. (Updated, take it here)

Added items in drop / quest / something else :

- A mod for the Orderly: add a keyring to the game, in shops or by a quest. (Updated, take it here)

- Demon Summon Ritual: add a special drop (a book for summoning a demon 1x /day) to Tolgerias. (Updated, take it here)

- Earth of the Wood: add a special drop (a wand for summoning forest monsters) to Kylan Lind the shadow druid. (Updated, take it here)

- Stuff of the magi: add mage items to strong opponents. Wearing all the items cause the creator to come for thems (Updated, take it here)

- The Sword of Noober: Now, talking to Neeber worth it (or not). (Updated, take it here)

Item-upgraders :

- Jan' Alchemy add to Jan the ability to "forge" new potions.

- Nanstein transform the items forged by cromwell into items of over type. now in v2 : corrected (the items have a description) and with 9 (11) new items to transform. (texts and descriptions of the 9 new items only in french, sorry)

- Rolles : forge many powerful+ items. Sell "interesting" things. (Updated, take it here)

- Ruad: forge 60+ items. Components are rares and hard to collect. (Updated, take it here)

Kits :

- Chanter: (bard) No pickpocket, no arcanic spells. But all divine spells, choise between 6 powerfull chants, casting in armor and immunity to Spellcasting failure, uniques hlas. (Updated, take it here)

- Lion warrior: (ranger) no armor, no archery, grand mastery, +2 spells per spell lvl, minor taco, damage and CA bonus, shapeshift into a powerful lion. (Updated, take it here)

- Morituri: (warrior AND/OR paladin) no magic items except boots and weapons, combined powers of kensaï, monk and barbarian, many immunities and resistances. (Now in V5 with many fixes and engine optimisation.)

- (french only) Pirate kit: (thief) protagonist only. Grand mastery with scimitar, invocations, treasure hunter parrot once a day.

-Shadow Ranger: (ranger) stealth bonus per lvl, summon shadows and shadow wolfs, uniques hlas. (Updated, take it here)

- (french only) Pretre de Bhaal: (cleric) special habities per day "Chaos", "Fireball" and "Chain lightining", immunity to poison, unique hlas.

- Semi-Multi-Cleric not a kit but really cool for creating unique class combo : add 30+ cleric/druid spells to a mage / sorcerer /bard. And special : added compatibility with IWDEE and the Black Pits II.

mods which add a feature to the game :

- Homeward Bound: Send your allies back to Amn when you are in Brinnlaw or the pocket plane. Recall them in the pocket plane and/or watch their epiloges. Also add a new shop to Brinnlaw.

- Planar Sphere teleporter: Lavok drop an item for returning to the sphere at will. (as the "Pocket Plane ability", but in SOA)

- Ribald's genie: Ribald sell a flute to call a genie. The genie can create a contact or a portal to Ribald, Bernard and a Noble Merchant of trademeet.

- Teleport spell: add a 7th lvl spell for teleporting the party to previous visited areas. Work for TOB areas, but not mods area.

Misc:

- The Slithering Menace: a quick fight and funny dialogs in the pocket plane if you have Imoen in the party. (Updated, take it here)

Dialogs:

- Korgan redemption: Mazzy can change Korgan if they are in the same party. (Updated, take it here)

NOTES:
- I have convert these mods because many french translated mods stay for BG2 only, so were no used, and the translators and their work become forgotten. My work made their efforts usefull again :)

- All this mod have: the tp2 file ready for an OSX install, all available fixes included, and the last weidu.

Last edit: ANOTHER NOTE: i'm fed up with these not really necessary requests: no more new conversions for an unspecified time.

An over last note : FreddyGwendo has reworked most of the mods I updated. As a result, I feel soooo useless :(:(:(

EDIT 06/19/20 : some mods reported as updated are in fact unfinished and unusable. So, here is the link to the directory where you can download all the mods I had previously put online, without update not on: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/jrmkis28w993l/BG(EE) isationhttps://www.mediafire.com/software/mobile/
Post edited by deratiseur on
StefanOMirandelStummvonBordwehrGusindaBrokenkatanaAedanJuliusBorisovMantis37saber0Rik_KirtaniyaInKalWise_GrimwaldFina92MateoFrozenZaghoulAerakarTimbo0o0o0cloudkillbeatsallSharGuidesMyHandAaeightgorgonzolaAngulimalajasteymashedtatersartificial_sunlightBlackravenAbelMERLANCEIsewein

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Impressive! Thanks a lot!
  • saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    do these work with mac as well?
  • deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 227
    edited April 2019
    Easy method for allowing a mod to work on mac:

1. Edit the tp2, change all the "\" to "/" except for the REGexp command.

2. Use the Weidu mac in this file (2.46). Change all the "modx" references to the reference of the mod you want to convert (edit the "command" file with notepad")

3. Done. You can use the mod on mac.

"give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

EDIT : https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/31155/the-hitchhiker-s-guide-to-installing-mods-on-osx

Post edited by deratiseur on
    saber0Wise_GrimwaldMirandel
    Aedan said:

Impressive! Thanks a lot!

Thanks for that comforting comment :smile:
    AedanWise_Grimwald
    Nanstein and Earth of the Wood re-uploaded. Sorry for the errors.
    Gusinda
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    Is there a way to download all in one package instead of separate downloads?
    Wise_Grimwald
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    Ruad is back!! Original modders had also created Improved Battles? IIRC

Please, forgive my impertinence and bad english, Deratiseur, but did you considered to make Improved Battles compatible? That would be amazing.
    Wise_GrimwaldMERLANCEgorgonzola
    InKal said:

Ruad is back!! Original modders had also created Improved Battles? IIRC

Please, forgive my impertinence and bad english, Deratiseur, but did you considered to make Improved Battles compatible? That would be amazing.

Sorry, Improved Battles use heavy scripts, and converting a mod with scripts to BG2EE need an experience level i don't have. That's why i've converted small mods.

My english is bad too ^^
    Wise_Grimwaldgorgonzola
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    edited November 2018

Easy method for allowing a mod to work on mac:

1. Edit the tp2, change all the "\" to "/" except for the REGexp command.

2. Use the Weidu mac in this file (2.46). Change all the "modx" references to the reference of the mod you want to convert (edit the "command" file with notepad")

3. Done. You can use the mod on mac.

"give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

That doesn't seam necessary. I installed Bolsa, Morituri, and Ruad on a Mac directly without changing anything.
    UP : another version of the Morituri kit, with fixes and optimisation :)
    Gusinda
  • ClubbothClubboth Member Posts: 60
    edited November 2018
    Merci, deratiseur, for these updates!

Do You know something about Les exilés de Lunargent being converted to BG2EE?

Mind a used unused kit to meet with!

And it would be superbe if You take Your time to develope L'ogre et gnome V3. Your ideas are great and would make that mod to be stand out.
    1. Les exilés de lunargent is bugged, rumors said very bugged, and the modder isn't more present. Sorry, i can't update it, too heavy for me.

2. in the french forum, l'ogre et le gnome is released since 3 years (605 downloads), and NOBODY except the rereaders comment on it.
    I'm so disgusted of this selfishness that i've leaved the moddind scene. 6 quest are written for the mod, the dialog of the second quest in done, the randomisation of the items to find (at the installation) is done, Lumens is now in a new map shop, the recips of his "item upgrade" wife are written, and so on.... but the project is stopped since 2 years.
    Note : the mod is in english in the big World Setup (thanks to Nightfarer), and i have the english translation files for the v2, but you are the first to comment on it in english. So 3 years of existence, 2 years in 2 languages, and only 1 comment....... Do you really thinks i want to work on it again ?
    1. Sorry, if it sounds like I was asking You doing it. I played the mod several times and remember one issue, when the dialog does not catch up, where your party is located, if you ask a nsc to teleport your team back and forth. Does not break the game. One item - a skull - is undropable at some point. Some tra-lines are doubled in different versions, though I remember two item-descriptions, which are off. Does not break the game either. I hoped, You know someone doing it. "We" have had White Agnus doing such stuff back than. But he left. His last project I know off, was making Mysteries of the Sword Coast EE-compatible.

2. I played the French version and started to translate it to German. I stopped, when I find Your plans to enhance it. I remember You asking for a room Lumens can held his shop and other sort of things. It is a humorous mod and now I think it is some sort of chicken-and-egg question, because the unreleased are making the difference between an other npc-mod and an interesting chase with surprising stuff to find and build. My English is limited to explain things better, but Your decision is, what it is.

3. One more time: Thank You for Your work on the BG-franchise. And last but not ... I remember fondly a play-through with the Prêcheur des Flammes kit. Thumbs up. I sensed a lot of "Hirnschmalz" and love in this piece of work. Enjoy Your time.
    1. If you've liked played with the "precheur des flammes", you really must try the "seigneur de guerre". This is an overpowered kit.
    The DUKP (Deratiseur Unused Kit Pack) is a mod for which i still work, because i like it and i have 3 kits unfinished.

2. if you can play my mod in french, you can also try "L'interplan". That's my shop.

3.I'll continue to work on l'ogre et le gnome v3 if there are interested people. But there aren't.

1. I will try it, but first I plan an EET-installation with a bard.

2. Downloaded it. Is it for BG or these Empire-thingie I landed after the download completed?

3. Domage on one hand, but You are the boss.
    update : Nanstein corrected and updated
    GusindaZaghoul
  • junisleejunislee Member Posts: 4
    Splendid!! I searched for Rolles & Ruad EE edition so long...thx!!
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    The Minor Mage Gauntlets from the Unusual Oddities Shop does not provide the +15 HP. In BG2EE with a mage and don't get the added HP when gauntlets are equipped.
  • pacodawgpacodawg Member Posts: 8
    Hey thanks for the great work! I have a few questions though.

1) Will these mods play nicely in an EET install (specifically Ruad, Rolled, and Underrepresented items)? And will Ruad and Rolled play nice with Weimer's Item Upgrade?

2) Any chance you'd be interested in updating the (not-unofficial) Item Pack http://www.shsforums.net/topic/41865-item-pack-v18/ ?
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    edited April 2019
    Item Pack v1.8 is part of the mods published on SHS that will be updated soon. This list also includes the SHS mods updated by Deratiseur. ;)

Edit: and no, don't ask for an eta. There is a lot of work to be done.
    Post edited by Gwendolyne on
    pacodawg
    pacodawg wrote: »
    Hey thanks for the great work! I have a few questions though.

1) Will these mods play nicely in an EET install (specifically Ruad, Rolled, and Underrepresented items)? And will Ruad and Rolled play nice with Weimer's Item Upgrade?

2) Any chance you'd be interested in updating the (not-unofficial) Item Pack http://www.shsforums.net/topic/41865-item-pack-v18/ ?

1 : i don't know, i'have'nt tried EET for now. But i think it's ok, there'nt no reasons for not.
    2 : sorry, i have only updated french translated mods
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    The Minor Mage Gauntlets from the Unusual Oddities Shop does not provide the +15 HP. In BG2EE with a mage and don't get the added HP when gauntlets are equipped.

Updated. Very old mensionned bug i've forget to correct. sorry.
    where is the vampire's revenge for the Ruad mod?
    in BG1(EE). The Vampire's revenge can be obtained from the Ghost of Ulcaster by bringing the Ancient Armor and the Idol of Kozah to him.
    anyway one can bring it to BG2?
    is there a spoiler where we can find the items?
  • pacodawgpacodawg Member Posts: 8
    saber0 wrote: »
    anyway one can bring it to BG2?

If you use EET you can bring all your items to bg2
    tried, is there a file I could drop or something? I'm not good at these things
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @saber0 what item do you want to see imported exactly? Just the Vampire's Revenge?

Please, tag me in your answer as I rarely check this section of the forum.
    yeah just the vampire's revenge
    thank you @Raduziel
    Raduziel