Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• AasimAasim Member Posts: 591

Can't cast chaos. ..

If you're keen on using it, there are scrolls for that. I wouldn't put much faith in it tbh.

BlackravenBorcoBlind_VisionaryCrevsDaak
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    @Blind_Visionary Condolences. I consider Ducal Palace to be the most difficult BG1 encounter and I've lost countless characters in that hall.

I'm not sure whether the Item Randomizer mod also changes the locations of items in stores (otherwise it is possible to get multiple copies of both Malison and Chaos scrolls in Sorcerous Sundries), but it sure does seem like a tough way to go for solo SCS no-reload.

For what it's worth, my observation is that Teleport Field, despite being a great spell, has the effect of complicating this particular battle by accelerating the dukes' demise. If you allow Arrows of Dispelling, I'd consider using them.

Anyway, safe travels to Filwith 2.

Regards,

B.
    BlackravenCrevsDaak
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited December 2018
    Borco said:

By the way, if you happen to know of any pre-Underdark location where to obtain Spell Shield scroll in BG2EE/SCS (I have "extra copies of hard to find spells" component installed) then I'd be very grateful if you could give me a tip.

@Borco in the unmodded game I don't think there's any specific locations for it prior to the Underdark. It's a relatively common random drop, so you have a decent chance of finding it earlier, but no guarantee. That SCS component is supposed to provide one extra copy into a shop either in Athkatla or Trademeet, but which store it goes in is randomized during installation - I guess you can do a shopping tour though if you particularly want it.
    BorcoBlind_VisionaryBlackravenCrevsDaak
  • Blind_VisionaryBlind_Visionary Member Posts: 203
    Borco said:

I'm not sure whether the Item Randomizer mod also changes the locations of items in stores (otherwise it is possible to get multiple copies of both Malison and Chaos scrolls in Sorcerous Sundries), but it sure does seem like a tough way to go for solo SCS no-reload.

Item randomizer does scramble the locations of scrolls. On that particular run, Sorcerous Sundries didn't have either Malison or Chaos. (Not to mention I had made Halbadazzer Drin hostile somehow when fleeing from the ugly mage battle upstairs.) Ah well.
    Borco said:

For what it's worth, my observation is that Teleport Field, despite being a great spell, has the effect of complicating this particular battle by accelerating the dukes' demise. If you allow Arrows of Dispelling, I'd consider using them.

Noted. I'll consider the arrows of dispelling next time. Although I think I went with the SCS option that removes all but 5 from Sorcerous Sundries. Are there other places to find them somewhere?
    BorcoBlackravenCrevsDaak
    @Grond0 Many thanks for the clarification. I'll give Saoirse a day off for some retail therapy in Athkatla.
    Enuhal said:

I prepared with the usual buffs, and after sending the skeletons in, Ouranus embarked on a special mission: Run to the other end of the room (with the other party members remaining out of sight) to draw the dispel magic and fireball spells away from the skeletons and the party. After the demon knight started to cast dispel magic, Ouranus started his storm shield - my plan being that storm shield would finish after dispel magic hit, so it wouldn't be dispelled, but it would be ready in time to neutralize the fireball damage - this worked out great, and after Ouranus also got hit by the PW:Stun, the party joined in to shoot down the demon knight:

:o

That's so badass!
    EnuhalAerakar
    edited December 2018
    @Enuhal Oh and confratulations on defeating Sarevok (and completing ToSC)! Safe travels in SoD - my experience is very limited, but I understand that it can be extremely tricky for no-reloads.
    Post edited by Borco on