Skip to content

November 30 Livestream Recap

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
During today’s livestream Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Producer Luke Rideout shared the latest Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and Infinity Engine news. They discussed the latest patch to the NWN:EE Android Beta, answered community questions, and provided an update on the upcoming 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

Check out the recap!

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    We’re waiting for approval on the 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.
    What does it mean?
    The portrait highlighting feature (i.e. when you pick a better item for a character, his or her icon is highlighted in yellow) from Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear will be ported to Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition as part of the 2.6 patch.
    Will it also includes this feature?
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    I haven't touched NWN in years but when most of the content has updated models, as they say they are doing, going back to it will feel like a breath of fresh air. And there's several modules I've heard about that I simply must play due to the overwhelmingly positive reviews, like Aileund Saga. Many modules are better than the vanilla content. I'll be buying this soon and sitting on it for awhile until it's all done.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited December 2018
    lefreut said:

Will it also includes this feature?

Also, will there be an option to turn them off? That's been a long-standing request for BG:EE and BGII:EE.
    Post edited by Adul on
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    lefreut said:

We’re waiting for approval on the 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.
    What does it mean?
    I also would like to know what "waiting for approval" is all about.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    deltago said:

I'll take a speculative stab at that:

Since the 2.6 patch is in conjunction with Dice, Camera, Action V/O and portrait pack, they may have to get the whole thing approved by WotC before it can be released.

• Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited December 2018
    Heya! Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think my question for this livestream didn't make it on the broadcast. I am genuinely interested in learning more about the "new fun" that Mr. Oster would like to make regarding NWN:EE. Also, is it possible that the new main menu art that's part of the Android OS Beta could be ported to Desktop? And yes, I will save my Black Friday humor for next year. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on