Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition launches on Google Play

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited December 2018 in News
Today’s the day, Android Neverwinter Nights fans! Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has just launched on Google Play!

It’s been incredible seeing the Neverwinter Nights community react to the Enhanced Edition. We’re seeing fans of the original returning to build new content and all-new players exploring persistent worlds.

Now, for only $9.99 USD, you can take your adventures with you and play with friends on other platforms, all from your phone or tablet. That said, we’re not done yet! Like the desktop version of NWN:EE, we’ll be continuing to release fixes and features to keep making your Neverwinter Nights experience better! Keep an eye on our social channels and livestreams to find out more.

Thank you to all the dedicated adventurers who played the Google Play Beta, provided feedback, and helped us finalize the Android release. You are awesome and the provided feedback will help make NWN:EE on Google Play even better! Everyone who purchased the Beta now owns the full Android release of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Google Play.

Read more about NWN:EE for Android on our Blog.

Check out this instruction on how to install Custom Content to NWN:EE on your android device.
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
TorgrimmerGusindathemazingnessanastielEtienneTheDestroyerlolien

Comments

• TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Woot
    JuliusBorisov
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    I can't get it for a while, but how do premium modules work? Are they IAP? Is there a way to see the prices? Also, how much space does it take?
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331

I can't get it for a while, but how do premium modules work? Are they IAP? Is there a way to see the prices? Also, how much space does it take?

yes all that is shown in the store and once brought you can install and uninstall at will to free up space.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702

yes all that is shown in the store and once brought you can install and uninstall at will to free up space.
    Google Play only shows that it takes a few megabytes which obviously isn't true. I don't have a 32+ GB device so I need to know. I may not be able to run this if it is too large.

I thought I revised my question about prices, but I forgot to. Can I look up the prices for premium modules somewhere outside of the IAP menu? I need to know how much to budget for the modules before I buy.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @themazingness I've included all your questions into the list for today's livestream.
    Torgrimmerthemazingness
  • OrganickatOrganickat Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2018
    Even with scaling set to 27 max, on a phone the window which has options, i.e 1.yes 2.no is far too small on a 6" phone. Either a larger gap between options or numbered buttons at the side would be more relaxing.
    Post edited by Organickat on
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Any plans for an iOS release communicated ?
    I've been checking the podcast but didn't hear anything about it.

I'd kill to play NWN on my iPad :(
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Aranthys The iOS version will happen. But for that, porting NWN:EE to 64bit should happen.
    Aranthys
  • OrganickatOrganickat Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2018
    I managed to fix my scaling issue by editing the nwn.ini file and changing the UseLargeFont variable from 1 to 0. Possibly should be an option for this as made it more visible for me. Also holding down finger within the box allows you to slide up and down the options which wasn't clear.

My only remaining issue is the 'talk' line above the icons. On a mobile, it's way too easy to click it producing a keyboard to type a message. I continually have to pause the game to get around this. On a pixel xl 2, the phone is slighlty curved so either I start an unnecessary chat or miss the hot bar completely. I wish the buttons were slightly bigger. At the moment multiplayer is not an option with normal sized hands due to the difficulty selecting a hotkey item.
    Until I've memorised the buttons on the radial, it would be awesome if they were permanently labelled, rather than the awkward sliding round from the centre to see what each item is.
    Item inventory would be easier if, when holding down, it told me what the object was, (it appears momentarily, but if thumb/finger is in the way for that split second it's name is missed) i e.healing kit, rather than having to then click on the eye to get a description.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722

@Aranthys The iOS version will happen. But for that, porting NWN:EE to 64bit should happen.

Thank you :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • DeixterShawl33DeixterShawl33 Member Posts: 18
    Is iOS gonna get a beta testing before it gets released?
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @DeixterShawl33 I certainly believe so, given that Beamdog must QA 64-bit before releasing it in order to develop NWN:EE for iOS. It wouldn't make sense for them to have done all that work in preparation only to risk releasing something broken. If Android got a beta, so will iOS. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming (and holidays) to all.
  • Thank you so much for releasing this on android and to have servers for multiplayer like the old days. What a gem. Guess it's time to get a gaming laptop so I can enjoy all my other favorite creations from infinity engine. Is this cross platform for multiplayer?
  • Guess I should read the whole thread before asking questions. See that it is cross platform.
    JuliusBorisov
  • GlotmenGlotmen Member Posts: 5

How long do we have to wait? :/ I'm ready to kill for this game :D (I'm from Russia) :)
    No killing required. Just some time for our team to work.
    TorgrimmerGlotmenlolienPrince_Raymond