Skip to content

Thief controlled script (thief0) not working properly

wenzlorwenzlor Member Posts: 8
I just finished Siege of Dragonspear and really liked the "Thief controlled" script for my fighter/thief in which you can toggle searching traps/hide in shadows via "D". Now in BG2:EE it doesn't work properly. If I press "D" I get the proper text indicator like "Attempting to hide in shadows". Works well for the trap searching which is automatically enabled afterwards but not for hiding in shadows which must be manually activated and doesn't automatically reactive after leaving shadows.

Did anyone else encounter this? Is there a solution?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi, try the console command at https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/30471 or zip and attach a save

Thanks
    JuliusBorisov
  • wenzlorwenzlor Member Posts: 8
    Thank you very much. I had to modify this a bit but it gave me the right direction.
    JuliusBorisov
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    @Gate70

Hi, I've encountered the same problem when I exported my party from Icewind dale to HOW.
    The 'Thief Controlled' script doesn't work when I toggle to 'Hide in Shadows', but 'Finding traps' does work. And I've checked Party AI is on.

I've also keyed C:SetGlobal("BD_HIDE","LOCALS",0); into my console but it still doesn't work.

I've attached a save file so please have a look at it, thank you very much in advance!

@johntyl looks like the local variable is different in IWD:EE - save attached with OH_HIDE set back
    johntylJuliusBorisov
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    @Gate70

It worked!! Thank you so much. Much appreciated :)))
  • LeiluLeilu Member Posts: 64
    Hi, Same issue here in BG2EE and the link to support in the @Gate70 answer does not work anymore.
    edited April 2022
    Hi @Leilu I can't remember exact details but am happy to have a look at a save if you zip one up. I suspect there are several local variables which need values reset or removed.

From earlier comments, if it is just the hide part causing issue you can use a save editor to reset the BD_HIDE local variable to 0 or with the console enabled type
    C:SetGlobal("BD_HIDE","LOCALS",0)
    then move your mouse over the affected characters portrait and press Enter.

If stuck, attach a save though and I'll try to keep an eye out for it.
    @Gate70 Thank you. I tried what you said but no success.
    Sorry about the delay @Leilu I think this should work - if you now have a later save the variable and command used was

C:SetGlobal("rr#hide","LOCALS",0)
    @Gate70 I paused that run. Leveling a berserker through BG1/SOD right now.
    It works great. Thank you.