Skip to content

How do you dispel Feeblemind?

My sorcerer is drooling with a 3 INT and won’t move, no matter how many times I poke him with a stick. LOL.

Please help!
Zaghoul

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Dispel magic according to wiki.
    semiticgoddess
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Death and resurrection should also work. Dispel Magic might take multiple tries to succeed.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/47623/status-effects/p1

Cure disease also remove it as this threas states.
    Rik_Kirtaniya
  • AerichAerich Member Posts: 159
    edited December 2018
    Feeblemind is permanent until magically dealt with. Possibly Heal or one of the Restoration spells might work.

Edit: Feeblemind's description specifically says it is cured by Heal.
    Post edited by Aerich on
    Klorox
  • IamdorfIamdorf Member Posts: 60
    I had to kill my guy then raise dead to get it to go away.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Aerich said:

Feeblemind is permanent until magically dealt with. Possibly Heal or one of the Restoration spells might work.

Edit: Feeblemind's description specifically says it is cured by Heal.

actually technically it isn't "permanent" the duration for feeblemind is only 3 600 000 seconds which is only around 41.67 real time days, so if ya got the time, it will eventually go away.... ( or only 20.83 real time days at frame rate 60 :) )

so what does that translate to in game days? now idea, i think a game day is around 2 hours or so? so by game days it will probably take around 500 by the looks of it before feeblemind runs out, hmm, not too shabby just need a good coma is all :)

ElysianEchoesleeux
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    I've checked the wiki, and it says that Cure Disease, Heal and Greater Restoration (but not the Lesser one), all can dispel Feeblemind. Though I guess the most economical way would be to use Cure Disease as it's a simple level 3 spell (with a casting time of 1, so it works instantly).

There's no need at all to kill your friend and then raise him back! :D
    AerakarDreadKhan
  • CazleyCazley Member Posts: 1
    I am playing July, 2019, enhanced version. Cure Disease works, Exaltation works but leaves the feeblemind icon on the character, so it may run out. Dispel magic worked, I assume there was a percentage chance. Lesser restoration did not work.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    In Icewind Dale 1, Dispel Magic always works. It has a 100% chance of succeeding no matter the level of the caster and target. Icewind Dale 1 was not designed for "mage chess" battles like Baldur's Gate 2 was.
    semiticgoddess
  • RaoulRaoul Member Posts: 18
    Dispel Magic works for me in IWD:EE