Skip to content

Sarevok57's Mega Icewind Dale Mod is finally here and it's a big one

Comments

• brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Have version 1.4 and having fun just wrapping up valel of shadows but so tough with the self buffs and agree @ineth thrash mobs using haste and stuff is too much...otherwise alot fun and need something to give IWD a new feel - Great job @sarevok57 !

P.S basilisks & dragon - cant wait :smile:
    sarevok57
  • georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179
    Thanks for the huge effort in creating this mod.

Does the mod use Weidu so that it can be used with other mods?

There are some mods that just cannot not be installed while playing IWD, and if this mod cannot be used with Weidu mods it will be a real pity.

Is there anything one can assist with to get the mod to be a Weidu based mod?
    brunardo
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    unfortunately this doesnt use weidu, i just cant wrap my head around how weidu works, plus this mod is only officially compatible with version 1.4

i was thinking about making an update for 2.5, but rumor has it now that a 3.x might come out in the future, and i need to take the 12 years to learn how weidu actually works

and to make things even more poop, i've been outrageously busy this year ( and will be for the next while ) 2017 has been nuts and it doesnt seem to be slowing down yet

so i dont know what the future will bring, wouldnt mind making a big update, but this mod already took me over a month to make and that was 7 days a week pumping 16 hour days, so if i make an update it will no doubt take 2 months and i will only be doing 12s 7 days a week, so that can be hard to schedule in if ya know what i mean
    Armanz92brunardo
  • Armanz92Armanz92 Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2018
    I'm excited for any news you shall bring. Thinking about starting a new game with this bad boy, again on highest difficulty but this time with a mediocre party (I like to suffer). So no Archer, DDefender, Fighter/Druid or Sorcerer. If I don't reply to this thread for the next year I might be dead somewhere in a dragons mouth shaped cave.
    sarevok57brunardo
  • NikorusonNikoruson Member Posts: 9
    Hi!

I like the idea of this mod, but for now I'm still new to the game. So I'll still play on vanilla with minor mods ( NPC mods, WS Rebalance, portraits), nothing game changing yet.

Is there an option to just install the music track? It's the only thing I'm interested right now.
    Nikoruson said:

Hi!

I like the idea of this mod, but for now I'm still new to the game. So I'll still play on vanilla with minor mods ( NPC mods, WS Rebalance, portraits), nothing game changing yet.

Is there an option to just install the music track? It's the only thing I'm interested right now.

unfortunately this mod is an all in one sort of deal
    That's too bad, guess I'll stay with my silent battles for now. Till I get a better understanding of the game.

Thanks anyways ^^
    I'm curious. Is it possible to just copy-paste the files that changes the music or will it cause problems?

Currently searching around for guides and posts on how to add music to the game.
    Would be awesome to hear BG2 soundtrack in IWD :smiley:
    IWD EE already has the bg2 music already in it's files, so what you can do, is if you get a program like near infinity, you can go to the areas tab and adjust the music to a bg2 track ( although you MIGHT have to add the bg2 track to an .ids file somewhere, i recall having to do that when i did some of the tracks ) but other than that, easy peasy lemon squeasy sort of deal
    Nikoruson
    Just got to the dragon and like the AI beef up so far, quick question @sarevok57 did you add alot to HOW & TOFTL as planning to skip the expansions unless you change alot too them with the mod...or are they worth it?
    sarevok57
    edited January 2019
    brunardo said:

Just got to the dragon and like the AI beef up so far, quick question @sarevok57 did you add alot to HOW & TOFTL as planning to skip the expansions unless you change alot too them with the mod...or are they worth it?

i added a huge amount of stuff to those 2, especially TotLM, if you are playing on insane, that battle will live up to it's difficulty

and yes totally worth it, lots of harder enemies and cooool items :)
    brunardo
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    sarevok57 said:

i added a huge amount of stuff to those 2, especially TotLM, if you are playing on insane, that battle will live up to it's difficulty

From what I remember when I played through Trials of the Luremaster with this mod, it didn't seem like you made many modifications when compared to Heart of Winter or the base game.

sarevok57 said:

From what I remember when I played through Trials of the Luremaster with this mod, it didn't seem like you made many modifications when compared to Heart of Winter or the base game.
    i recall adding items and adding in monsters and giving better spells set up to enemies, and dramatically changing the last battle fight
    Lol damn ok will have to try both, Thanks @sarevok57 and will update soon...off to dorn's deep!
    sarevok57
  • SygdirSygdir Member Posts: 1
    Many thanks for this great mod ! I needed this kind of "SCS" feel for Icewind Dale.
    The difficulty overhaul is done in a nice and subtle way.
    Even without any update, it seems it can be used with the 2.5 version of the game anyway, at least in my experience.

Cheers, good sir !
    OlvynChurusarevok57
    in theory it can be used with the 2.5 update, its just that the dialogue.tlk file will be a bit messed up with items and perhaps some dialogue trees, it beamdog ever stops updating the EE games, i might consider making an updated version, but the thing is, this mod took a lot of work to make, and i still for the life of me can't figure out weidu's sorcery, but i have an idea that i can do to make a "mock" weidu type install, but again, we will see what the future brings, and update could take me 2-3 months to complete ( and that's IF im not working at the time ) so it's a big project to do by myself, but for now for, if its working with 2.5 with some small bugs then thats not too bad i suppose
    Gusindabrunardo
    Hey @sarevok57 still grinding out your mod and took a break but got through Belhifet and almost at Issaracht! Great mod and thank you
    sarevok57
    Update took out Issaracht and great fight/upgrades. started TOTL and see whose voice you got in, adds a noice element...havent got into the castle yet.
    sarevok57
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    edited March 2020
    Hi sarevok, I tried your patch and the spectral guard at TOTL is not working, the enemy just stood there waiting for you to slash down.

Also I believe u need to redo/update your dialogue as my auto-save is showing up as "Case of plenty+1" and my character screen description is totally messed up.

Probably need a WeiDu mod type of installation.
    Hi sarevok, I tried your patch and the spectral guard at TOTL is not working, the enemy just stood there waiting for you to slash down.

Also I believe u need to redo/update your dialogue as my auto-save is showing up as "Case of plenty+1" and my character screen description is totally messed up.

i made this mod quite a while ago and its only fully compatible with version 1.4, so if you are using 2.5 you will see a bunch of bugs

and unfortunately i dont know how to use weidu and even if i did it would take a million years to convert this mod to weidu since i would have to redo everything all over again

for this best "bugless" experience you need to use version 1.4 and install this mod first before any other mods and then it should be fine
    sarevok57 wrote: »

i made this mod quite a while ago and its only fully compatible with version 1.4, so if you are using 2.5 you will see a bunch of bugs

and unfortunately i dont know how to use weidu and even if i did it would take a million years to convert this mod to weidu since i would have to redo everything all over again

for this best "bugless" experience you need to use version 1.4 and install this mod first before any other mods and then it should be fine

I am using steam and I dunno how to use version 1.4 when dl from steam...
    weird, the bg series allows you to go back to 1.3, but iwd doesnt allow 1.4

perhaps you could try downloading it from the beamdog launcher and hopefully it comes with the 1.4 version, and just make sure not to click on the update button

other than that, i got nothing

sorry for the inconvenience
    weird, the bg series allows you to go back to 1.3, but iwd doesnt allow 1.4

perhaps you could try downloading it from the beamdog launcher and hopefully it comes with the 1.4 version, and just make sure not to click on the update button

other than that, i got nothing

sorry for the inconvenience

hmmm... Its alright I guess, as payment is involved, I dun think I will pay twice for the same game from 2 different stores.

Hopefully u will do a 2.5 version update soon. Haha.
    @gattberserk actually i believe if you own it on steam you can get the launcher version for free if you can prove that you own it on steam

( for me i actually originally owned the launcher version and since it was through my email i was able to use that to get a free steam key and get it for free on steam )

so perhaps there is some sort of backwards way of doing that to get the launcher version? perhaps ask one of the beamdog devs if that is possible?
    edited March 2020
    @gattberserk actually i believe if you own it on steam you can get the launcher version for free if you can prove that you own it on steam

( for me i actually originally owned the launcher version and since it was through my email i was able to use that to get a free steam key and get it for free on steam )

so perhaps there is some sort of backwards way of doing that to get the launcher version? perhaps ask one of the beamdog devs if that is possible?

Thank maybe i will give a try in future,

But in the meantime I would like to ask, how do you edit a BGM in a AR map? Like I would like to use some some battle bgm from BG1 to IWDEE. No matter how I mess with the MUS files it doesnt work, DLTC editor does not have the song index list for me to pick the particular BGM.

For eg, I try to port the DUNG3 mus and folder out (with acm) and put it in IWDEE MUSIC folder, but when i open the DLTC, select the AR map and edit song, the list does not have the DUNG3 option. There seem to be a 0-99 Serial index in front of the list, how do i solve this?

But in the meantime I would like to ask, how do you edit a BGM in a AR map? Like I would like to use some some battle bgm from BG1 to IWDEE. No matter how I mess with the MUS files it doesnt work, DLTC editor does not have the song index list for me to pick the particular BGM.

For eg, I try to port the DUNG3 mus and folder out (with acm) and put it in IWDEE MUSIC folder, but when i open the DLTC, select the AR map and edit song, the list does not have the DUNG3 option. There seem to be a 0-99 Serial index in front of the list, how do i solve this?

im not sure how to do it with BG1 music tracks, in the EEs IWD comes will all the BG2 music tracks so its much easier to use the BG2 tracks, although i believe you still need to edit SONGLIST.2da and SONGLIST.ids for the game to recognize the track

i recall trying to use a bg1 track in IWD and i wasn't able to bring it over and make it work from what i remember

im not sure how to do it with BG1 music tracks, in the EEs IWD comes will all the BG2 music tracks so its much easier to use the BG2 tracks, although i believe you still need to edit SONGLIST.2da and SONGLIST.ids for the game to recognize the track

i recall trying to use a bg1 track in IWD and i wasn't able to bring it over and make it work from what i remember

Thanks, I got it to work already, I just edit the song list.2da and match the name accordingly, all went and good. :)
    StummvonBordwehrsarevok57
    edited March 2020

@sarevok57

Can I ask which files edit to fix the Attack per round bug for Grandmaster proficiency? Or how do you even fix the attack per round bug? I know GM is suppose to give 1/2 extra APS, not 1.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342

@sarevok57

Can I ask which files edit to fix the Attack per round bug for Grandmaster proficiency? Or how do you even fix the attack per round bug? I know GM is suppose to give 1/2 extra APS, not 1.
    Hi @gattberserk
    In IWD and IWD:ee GM gives 1 apr and not just 1/2 apr like in Bg:ee, SoD, bg2 and bg2:ee. So the 1 apr is intended behaviour.
    sarevok57

@sarevok57

Hi @gattberserk
    In IWD and IWD:ee GM gives 1 apr and not just 1/2 apr like in Bg:ee, SoD, bg2 and bg2:ee. So the 1 apr is intended behaviour.

@gattberserk
    this is indeed true, but if you still want to change the attacks per round to be more like bg1/2 ee then you need to edit the WSPATCK.2da

and just to give a bit of insight;
    on the left hand side you will see numbers 0,1,2,3,4,5 those are the amount of proficiency points a character has in their weapon

the top numbers ( 1 - 31 ) is the level of warrior ( since only warrior types get the APR bonus )

this table also includes the APR that warriors get normally upon reaching level 7 and 13 which you can see on this table it increases every time

you will also notice that APR and weapon proficiency are closely tied together

the number in the columns mean this;

-1 : half attack extra
    1 : one attack extra
    -2 : 1.5 attacks extra
    2 : two attacks extra
    -3 : 2.5 attacks extra

now if you are worried about messing up something or if it seems like a lot of work, i have the bg1/bg2 tables here for you to make your life easier, just plop this in your over ride folder and you should be good to go

gattberserkStummvonBordwehrMantis37