Skip to content

Sarevok's alignment not changing (solved, feel free to close)

EchoEcho Member Posts: 1
edited December 2018 in Troubleshooting
Edit: After several hours of messing around with different variables, it turns out it was because of the Sarevok's redemption part of the UB mod - my game skipped a dialogue there, so even though I had the right SarevokChange variable, it was being blocked.

Feel free to close/delete this. Thanks!

Hey hey. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my game, or if it's a flat out bug. I've given Sarevok part of my soul, told him there was no need for an oath, had good interactions with him in previous conversations. However, when I get to the dialogue that's supposed to change his alignment, he always ends with, "I don't believe you are sincere in your words..."

In EEKeeper, I can see that the SarevokChange variable is at "3", and I should only need a 2. I even tried on another save to change the variable to other numbers, and I get the same response every time. Is there another variable I can change after the conversation so that the game recognizes he changed (so I can get his extra dialogue later)?

If it helps anything, the SarevokChange variable (3) and the SarevokToldProposal variable (1), did not change values after the conversation.

Game Version: Latest on Steam, 2.5.16.6

Operating System: Windows 10
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790
GPU: GeFore GTX 970
System RAM: 8 GB

Mods:

-Unfinished Business for BG2
-Pocket Plane Banter pack
-Tweaks Anthology from GIbberlings 3 (mostly convenience stuff, definitely not everything...stuff like Happy Party, Multiple Strongholds, and looser restrictions on romances)
Post edited by Echo on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hi! Try checking your mods. Does it happen in an unmodded install?