Skip to content

Welsh Language Versions?

FalkeepFalkeep Member Posts: 41
Has the option of producing Welsh language versions of the games been explored?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello! Translations of our games are being made by awesome volunteers. Check https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66750/localization-volunteer-team-roles#latest

I guess there haven't been translators ready to create Welsh language versions yet.
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    edited February 2019
    I can look into this for you @Falkeep and @JuliusBorisov, as @JuliusBorisov knows at the former seminary i was getting my PhD. in Hebrew, i know several students and teachers in the Celtic and Scottish departments who know Welsh. Let me dig and see if i can find any thing for volunteers who may be interested (May be a good school project hehe)
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    @Falkeep and @JuliusBorisov I made some phone calls down at Pensacola Christian Seminary and College, and due to lack of interest, as of last year, the Scottish program was discontinued, so i cant help with the Welsh gig, i apologize. I tried.
  • FalkeepFalkeep Member Posts: 41
    Thank you. I appreciate your effort. I don't speak Welsh but have an interest in learning. I thought that having to translate from Welsh in a medium where I have a good idea what the translations would be might be a way to start becoming familiar with the language... in written form, at least.