Skip to content

Skeletons drink potions???

Alright, following my friend @ZaramMaldovar 's topic of BG's Logic , how exactly did that skeleton manage to drink the potion?

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Potions also serves as lubricant. You know, those crackling bones aren't exactly fit as a fiddle anymore.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @DJKajuru
    Have you ever fought the Skeleton Warriors in the Maze? I vote that it's because Skeleton Warriors are just that badass.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    DJKajuru said:

how exactly did that skeleton manage to drink the potion?

They can drink fine. Watch at 1:39 https://youtu.be/QPXmWcKtzEM?t=99

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @DJKajuru contrary to pnp rules, all creatures in the ee games must have stats ( its an engine thing ) BUT creatures do not get HP bonuses unless they have a valid class, so if that skeleton warrior's class is skeleton ( which it can be ) then that potion will do nothing, but if it actually has a playable class then it will get that HP bonus, even though skellies aren't supposed to have a CON score

its also the same deal with mind flayers draining skellies INT and killing them off, as the ee engine can't support "no ability score" monsters
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    sarevok57 said:

so if that skeleton warrior's class is skeleton ( which it can be )

Can our class be skeleton? What would the implications of that be?

sarevok57 said:

so if that skeleton warrior's class is skeleton ( which it can be )

Can our class be skeleton? What would the implications of that be?
    it might either a) crash the game when you look at the character sheet or b) do nothing really

by the looks of it all baddies with non class levels get fighter saves, so you might get saves of that of a fighter on level ups, that is, IF you can level up, i think non legitimate classes can't gain XP, they can have a level ( again i think they get fighter level XP ) but there will be no XP amount

you can use EE keeper and give it a shot and see what happens
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited January 2019
    Monster classes won't do a thing until you level up. This is where it will crash irredeemably.

although you're free to use monster races in EEkeeper. some spells work differently based on this and it's not buggy.

if you want fun combos you're better off using player classes coupled with monster race, items, appearance, portrait.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Real explanation: Your SCS install allows enemy fighters to drink potions via scripts, and skeletons are affected by that component.

If this is what is happening, it should be reported to @DavidW at the SCS thread. I'd think he would likely consider that a bug.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    i wonder also how exactly do a skeleton manage to walk around and use a sword, he lacks of muscles as well as he lacks of digestive system. wait, he lacks also of eyes, so should probably be under a permanent blind effect!
    edited January 2019

i wonder also how exactly do a skeleton manage to walk around and use a sword, he lacks of muscles as well as he lacks of digestive system. wait, he lacks also of eyes, so should probably be under a permanent blind effect!

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @DJKajuru
    Maybe the Skeleton's just absorb the potion juices into their bones?
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Now I'm imagining a Lich or another skeletal undead chugging down potions and yelling, "It still counts!" while a group of bewildered adventurers look on. XD
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    cfg7jbi83rv3.jpg
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    by the way what about a mage shapeshifted into a golem that quaffs a potion?
    Q: do golems have a digestive system?
    A: probably not, but a potion is magical, does not need to be digested!
    Q: are not golems resistant to magic
    A: ..................