Skip to content

Beamdog Livestreams Update

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited January 2019 in News
Hello friends,

We’ve made the decision to end our weekly streams to focus on new & existing projects. Huge thanks to our devoted viewers—you’re the best!

We'll still stream on special occasions & you can still reach us on Twitter, Facebook & our forum.

Details.
StummvonBordwehrAedananastielTorgrimmerPokotaGusindaZaghoullolienAdul[Deleted User]VasculioAerakar

Comments

• EvilkissEvilkiss Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 96
    By the way, can this livestreams visit other Beamdog employees? We always see almost same faces. It's okay, but you have bigger company than 4-5 employees. So at least I want to know/see other faces and that they told what role they have in the Beamdog.
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    Evilkiss said:

By the way, can this livestreams visit other Beamdog employees? We always see almost same faces. It's okay, but you have bigger company than 4-5 employees. So at least I want to know/see other faces and that they told what role they have in the Beamdog.

here it is possible to see some of the beamdog team
  • feersum_endjinnfeersum_endjinn Member Posts: 65
    Shame. I almost never got the chance to watch them live but I'd always enjoy at least reading the recap.
    kanisathamodestvoltaPrince_Raymondcharissa1066
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    The availability of any information or news from Beamdog since sometime in 2017 has essentially been limited to what we heard in these weekly livestreams. With the streams now gone, I guess we won't be hearing anything ever from Beamdog other than when it gets to be time for a pre-order announcement.

In a way it makes sense. Other than the NwN EE subforum and ironically the Off-Topic subforum, the rest of the forum has been pretty much dead for months now since there really isn't anything useful or interesting to discuss.
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
    Did Trent wake up in a cold sweat and shout "It just doesn't work without Phil!"
    ataler_oh_Luke_GreenWarlock
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited January 2019
    Replacement camera too expensive then? Also how do you plan to announce patches etc.?

TR
    anastielTorgrimmer
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    The one thing I find odd in all of this was that only in last week's stream we were asked what we wanted to see in the streams. Now less than a week later, they are cancelled. To quote the Beatles ("Penny Lane") - Very Strange.

TR
    Merago_JertThacoBell[Deleted User]
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    edited January 2019
    Monthly blog posts?

Julius, these use to be weekly even before the streams.

Edit: I’ll also echo what others have said that the live streams were unique and a great way to communicate to your audience. Unfortunately I personally couldn’t watch them since I work on Friday but it was the one place to grab scraps of information about the company.
    AerakarThacoBellTimbo0o0o0ricoyung
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    deltago said:

Julius, these use to be weekly even before the streams.

No. There weren't any weekly recaps before the streams. The recaps were started later than the first few streams had happened.
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    @JuliusBorisov Will there be a sectiom got the blog on the forums or on the website for us followers to look for it or has that not be set yet?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

@JuliusBorisov Will there be a sectiom got the blog on the forums or on the website for us followers to look for it or has that not be set yet?

You will be able to read everything on the blog, and the blog posts will be promoted everywhere, including this forum.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    Shucks, right when I finally got around to setting up a desktop specifically to remote into so I can watch Beamdog's Twitch streams from work (I work during stream times) and get around the game site blocker, this happens! :P Just my luck.

PS - You guys can make it up to me by finding the Icewind Dale 2 source code ;)
    AedanStummvonBordwehrTimbo0o0o0
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331

You will be able to read everything on the blog, and the blog posts will be promoted everywhere, including this forum.
    Thank you
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Better than checking the recap every week and not seeing any news, just promises.
    TorgrimmerkanisathaWarChiefZeke