Skip to content

Main character keeps stopping.

Game: Baldur's Gat II: Shadows of Amn

I've been having this weird issue where my main character keeps just stopping for no reason. It's not just walking, he'll also stop looking in containers and such as well so I'll have to click and reissue the command. I've got no idea what is causing it,sometimes the other characters don't follow a move command either, but not nearly as much.

I'd upload the save file, but it keeps saying file format not allowed.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264

I'd upload the save file, but it keeps saying file format not allowed.

You have to zip it first.
  • DoozerpindanDoozerpindan Member Posts: 32
    Okay, here it is.
    edited January 2019
    How often does this sort of thing happen? I haven't seen it so far...

Edit: OK, now I see it. I think it is tied to the AI somehow. I will keep looking...

This has something to do with the Advanced AI. Something in it occasionally tells some of the characters to stop their actions. I am not sure what, but, given the size of the script, it could be just about anything. I suppose I could try to pin it down, but it may take some time and even then I am not sure I will be able to do it...
    Post edited by Tresset on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Doozerpindan Please also attach that save and create a report at support.baldursgate.com so that our developers could investigate.
    I have uploaded the save to support.baldursgate.com with a brief description of my observations of the issue here. If you have anything helpful to add to that ticket, please do so. Especially useful would be learning when in the game you first noticed this behavior.
    The developers have located the problem. They say that you can solve the problem by traveling to a different world map area (i.e. not just go in a building) so that the Neera encounter occurs and the issue will go away. You can also solve the issue by entering the following command into the debug mode console:
    C:SetGlobal("OHN_NEERA_RENC","GLOBAL",-1)
  • DoozerpindanDoozerpindan Member Posts: 32
    Huh, the issue does seem to have stopped, and I did encounter Neera recently while going to help Nalia with her quest.