Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Flashburn said:

Imoen's stuff is in the top room of the Ducal Palace where your stuff is, in the dresser in the bottom left corner.

Oh, I didn't know that. I had assumed that, considering that I hadn't gotten it back at the beginning of SOD, I wouldn't get it back later. Now it's too late, though.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @OlvynChuru: The Robe of Red Flames is not supposed to be on Edwin in SoD. You can only get the robe by having Edwin in your party: after you kill Vichand at Bridgefort, Edwin will give it to you as a reward (it will be added to your inventory). It only appears on Edwin in BG2, provided that you got it normally during SoD. The fact that you didn't find the robe on him in SoD is not a bug; that's intended behavior.
    OlvynChuruAerakarGrond0CrevsDaak
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Sounds like a nice concept CKT - best of luck :).
    StummvonBordwehrCharlestonianTemplarBlackravenCrevsDaak
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    edited January 2019
    Sorry about the lack of screenshots folks. Suddenly my screenshots were coming out black. Two days ago they were working around. I had a good shot of the Silke battle for the first battle report above, i.e., 4 Mirtul.

I found a workaround, wherein I have to go into Graphics & unselect Full Screen and take the screen shot that way.

Oh well. It's always something isn't it? Or is that just me? :'(
    Wise_Grimwald
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    My FMC run is indeed complete but not yet fully documented. I actually completely forgot about it for several months, and only recently remembered to keep posting on it!

As for the "no magic items" run: I'm afraid I can't use mage scrolls in-combat; I can only use them to add spells to my mages' spellbooks.

I have done the roof of Durlag's Tower, using Invisibility to get past the stun trap and Protection from Petrification to slay the basilisks. That nets me thousands of XP, but I'm still a bit short--since I need a party of player-created characters to get the kits and the stats to operate without magical items, I can't crank up my Bhaalspawn's XP and then recruit higher-level NPCs. Only Baeloth is strong enough to warrant replacing an character, due to his Fireballs and Web spells.

I hadn't considered using Blindness on Sarevok. The only problem is that it requires Greater Malison (otherwise my odds of blinding him after burning all my spell slots isn't even 90%), and Baeloth needs another 14,000 XP to get it. I'm not sure where I'd get that without resorting to grinding ankhegs or wyverns, and I've already done a fair amount of both.

I have another idea: what if I just temporarily recruited Xan, Dynaheir, Tiax, Faldorn, and Quayle for extra spell slots and disposable characters for the Ducal Palace and Sarevok? Xzar isn't available, since I killed him and Montaron for their items earlier on, but the others should get me some cheap summons to distract Angelo, extra Blindness spells for Sarevok, and a couple Fireballs as well.
    BlackravenWise_GrimwaldCharlestonianTemplarCrevsDaak