Skip to content

What's the funniest moment you experienced in BG

Mine was when Khalid was hit by a flesh golem for 48 damage and he ran away while saying "The better part of Valor, The better part of Valor!"
God that was Hilarious ??

Comments

• LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    I always have fun when I manage to get the AI into in-fighting. Easy ones are the rest of the gangs having enough of Angelo's and Rahvin's detonating arrow crap and deciding they're better off without them.

Charming a fighter type and commanding them to fight it out with another fighter type in the same enemy party can also result in this if their "I'm fighting a friend and become uncharmed" kicks in just as either of them is going for a strike.

You get 2 hostile enemies to hit each other with none of your friendlies in their LOS and they will duke it to the death. Unforgiving bunch. Kinda stupid to try setting up but it's somehow a lot funnier than charming a caster and watching the rest of the team rip him apart because he keeps casting instead of attacking and doesn't become uncharmed.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    That dwarven sailor in The Vulgar Monkey who asks what you call a fish with no eyes. "A FSSSSHHHHH"

Never gets old.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318

Lammas said:

I always have fun when I manage to get the AI into in-fighting. Easy ones are the rest of the gangs having enough of Angelo's and Rahvin's detonating arrow crap and deciding they're better off without them.

I remember a time back when I was playing Tutu where I was able to kill Angelo in the Temple of the Bhaal before the final battle even started. I just summoned a bunch of skeletons and threw them at the gang. Angelo fired Arrows of Detonation at the skeletons, but Tazok and Sarevok got hit by the explosions and attacked Angelo and killed him. Doing this didn't aggro Sarevok or the others, so the battle didn't start yet. I had gotten a free kill!
    If you really want free kills then protect someone from lightning and repeatedly run through the lightning trap nearest the dais. It's fun seeing dozens of lightning bolts flying around and you can kill all Sarevok's crew without ever coming into sight of them.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited January 2019
    Well... the funniest BG experience I have ever had was probably in watching the video in this thread, but I am not sure that counts.

I did once find a bug during my time as a beta tester that was quite funny. I went to battle Aec'Letec in one of my runs and cast Cloudkill on the baddies. Aec died instantly because his level was set to 1 or something like that. So as long as the spell got past his MR he died instantly without a save.

Other than that, off the top of my head I think some of the funniest encounters in the games are (in no particular order):
    • Meeting Baeloth in BG1
    • Meeting Baeloth in SoD
    • Noober and friends
    • Bondari and co.
    • Portalbendarwinden
    • Spectator encounters
    • Jan's "I was a god once..." story
    • The bridge guard at the Twofold Temple
    • Ike giving the tour of Durlag's Tower

I also find the countless and constant witty remarks of Charname extremely delightful.
  • SedaSeda Member Posts: 33
    Minsc y bubú.
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    Grond0 said:

If you really want free kills then protect someone from lightning and repeatedly run through the lightning trap nearest the dais. It's fun seeing dozens of lightning bolts flying around and you can kill all Sarevok's crew without ever coming into sight of them.
    Cleric of Talos does not get much love but stormshield ability used in tunnels with lightning bolts, wands of fire, ice storms etc is a true delight. Wander into the middle of enemy groups under sanctuary and unleash natures fury!

Kurona said:
    Elminster slaughtering everyone in the Friendly Arm Inn with summoned cows.

Wait, what?
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Lammas said:
    Kurona said:
    Elminster slaughtering everyone in the Friendly Arm Inn with summoned cows.

Wait, what?
    In BG:EE Elminster can fight back if you attack him, notably by using Summon Cow , a cut spell from the original game that has become something of a meme. The thing is, Summon Cow has a big AoE so if you get Elminster hostile when he spawns at the Friendly Arm Inn it will be a massacre because the guards actually help you there and there's a good chance he will accidentally hit peasants as well.

He can also slaughter innocents in Baldur's Gate and Beregost, it just happens more often at the FAI.
    I have a vague memory of seeing something like this years ago. Probably messing with keeper in the originals and trying out NPC spells and innate abilities on my own character. Nevertheless, the old man is definitely going to catch an arrow in the face the next time I'm playing through. I need to see this.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I charmed both Tazok and Saervok in the final battle with help from a greater mailson spell and got them to fighting one another. They kept at it til Tazok killed him, ending the game. I got a kick outa that even though I missed out on the experience. Best ending to BG I ever had. That's one tough half-ogre.  B) 

My ferret once failed a pickpocket attempt on the shadow archdruid Amarande, then ran away in fear as the druid took a swipe at him while calling him a 'filthy little beast'. hehheh.
    Oh, here's one. All the Biff the Understydy appearances in the original. I don't know if there were patches in the original that I just don't remember at this point anymore but in the couple of original runs I've had in recent years I never had him pop up. Or it's just that I'm doing less randomly murderous things around. Still having him around was always hilarious and when I stumbled into the Biff easter egg in BG2 for the first time I found it hilarious.

Although I have to say I never would've expected him to sound like... that.
  • RogueBardRogueBard Member Posts: 2
    It used to be this one time when Jaheira died and Khalid was like "Jaheira! Nooo!" and then literally half a second later says cheerfully, "Sunny or not, it's nice to be out of doors". But just yesterday I created a half-orc barbarian pc and was feeling so confident after a few early battles that I figured I could take Tarnesh with only Imoen as a companion. So we get there, the fight starts, and things are going pretty well at first, but then Tarnesh casts Horror and my barbarian fails his save & with his high rate of movement starts running around like a chicken without a head, leaving Imoen to finish the job with her ranged attacks. So she kills Tarnesh with the help of the guards & charname continues running up and down the Friendly Arm like Speedy Gonzalez for another 15 seconds or so & I just start losing it.