Skip to content

Should Totemic Summons be Immune to Stun?

alastair93alastair93 Member Posts: 117
I've just run into the party below Candlekeep, and one of them used Darts of Stunning on a Spirit Lion (cast by a Level 10 Totemic Druid). I was surprised to see that it was stunned.

This is BG:EE up-to-date with no mods.

Is this expected behaviour? Lots of former posts say that the spirit animals are immune to stun.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    They are not immune to it. Free Action protects against Hold, not Stun.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/908770/#Comment_908770
  • alastair93alastair93 Member Posts: 117
    Thank you for the clarification. I was going by old posts, e.g.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/31754/totemic-druid-summon-stats

It's amazing how widespread this info is, considering it's wrong

JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    There have been numerous patches to this game, so of course information is getting old. ;)
  • alastair93alastair93 Member Posts: 117
    Out of interest, did Free Action once-upon-a-time protect against stun? I've played the originals but can't quite remember.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Not by default, but it was one of the more popular tweaks made by mods.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited February 2019
    Out of interest, did Free Action once-upon-a-time protect against stun? I've played the originals but can't quite remember.
    It did in BG2Fixpack once... until I made a thread there over a decade ago, that stun was a mental/internal state (i.e. concussion) rather than physical restraining. Since then it's been changed to separate tweak.
    JuliusBorisov
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yeah, free action in the original game is a GD mess. Some items/spells with free action protected from stun, some didn't, so we eventually standardized on it not protecting and then added the optional component to make it protect.
    JuliusBorisov