Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    I have a vague memory (so probably wrong) that it's not the standard beholder death ray that bypasses MR, but the specific ability of Vaxall in the Twisted Rune.  I don't remember that as having a big save penalty, but perhaps I always kill him so quickly he doesn't get much chance to use it.
    BlackravenCrevsDaak
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Live by the sword, die by the sword... Gorch the evil half-orc shadowdancer got chunked from full health in one backstab by one of the duplicate Shennara at the top of the Iron Throne tower. Poetic justice, I guess. Fed his own medicine. He and his 3 party members were at the XP cap and the run felt unstoppable up to that point. A not-so-subtle reminder to be cautious with CHARNAME. RIP Gorch.

I'm going to update my rig with the latest SCS release candidate before starting another run. New character coming shortly.
    Sad about Gorch. :'(
    Blind_VisionaryBlackravenCrevsDaak
  • AionZ said:
    @CharlestonianTemplar Fatigue reduces Luck, which skews dice rolls against you so you will deal less damage and suffer more on average. At max fatigue your Luck is penalized by 99 which means you’ll always be taking maximum damage while dealing minimum damage.

Thanks brother. I just wondered. 

semiticgoddess
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Grond0  With wounds like you got against Molkar, I wouldn't have called it a fairly easy victory. Victory yes, easy no.

CharlestonianTemplarBlackravenCrevsDaak
  • Guys help!  I have destroyed the Bandit Camp & finished Cloakwood Lodge, but I can't get Cloakwood Nest to open up.

What's up do you think? It's been awhile since I got this far, but I think it should be available, although I've gone off all sides.  Am I forgetting something? CT
    Wise_Grimwald

• One possible solution: go back to the bandit camp, make sure the documents are in your inventory, and walk around inside the main tent to see if you get a chapter transition. Once you get that chapter transition, the rest of the Cloakwood should open up (though you may still need to walk all the way to the edge of the Cloakwood Lodge map again in order to enter it).

Thanks. I thought I got the transition, but, maybe since we accidently killed Endar Sai, it screwed things up. Luckily I still have the documents in a drawer at The Burning Wizard, so I will fish them out.  Thanks again.  CT

Wise_Grimwald
  • @CharlestonianTemplar: Depending on your SCS install...

Shoot. It's still not letting me. I'll take it off this thread and try to go figure it out elsewhere. Thanks again.

• Blind_VisionaryBlind_Visionary Member Posts: 203
    @CharlestonianTemplar: Depending on your SCS install...

Shoot. It's still not letting me. I'll take it off this thread and try to go figure it out elsewhere. Thanks again.
    @CharlestonianTemplar : I had this issue in my last install. Not sure what caused it. Solved it by using the command console to force travel to the second Cloakwood area, then back to the first. That opened up the normal route of travel (without any real cheating).
    CharlestonianTemplarCorey_Russell
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    edited February 2019
    @CharlestonianTemplar: Depending on your SCS install...

@CharlestonianTemplar : I had this issue in my last install. Not sure what caused it. Solved it by using the command console to force travel to the second Cloakwood area, then back to the first. That opened up the normal route of travel (without any real cheating).

Thank you. Can you advise me how to do that? I haven't done it in a long time. 

• Well, looks like I'm gonna have to scrap this Silas run... shoot. 

For some reason I can't get to the Cloakwood Nest - et al, even though I've completed the bandit camp, had the dream etc. 

I can go back & reset my mods to allow the entire Cloakwood to open, but that'll kill this game. I hate that, I felt this was a good mix. There's probably a way to do it - but I don't know how.  CT
    Wise_Grimwald