Skip to content

Project Infinity - mod manager for Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, and EET

Comments

• gohanf22gohanf22 Member Posts: 99
    @ALIEN That is also a good idea btw. Start a separate thread for load order help and people who know can guide them and tell them what needs to be installed in what order. I like that idea.
    [Deleted User]
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @gohanf22 It was BOSSv3. For Vortex, built in solutions might work because how big Skyrim/Fallout/etc community is. But for IE modding it won't work.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    gohanf22
    @subtledoctor Yep, something like that. AFAIR, you had some sort of general install order as Quests, NPCs, Items,Spells,Kits,Tweaks etc. Any chance for publishing it there?
    @ALIEN ok so if we wanted help with a load order, should we download what mods we want first, and then post them all on a post in that thread or what should we do?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Though it's written for Icewind Dale, the general rules of thumb from my IWD mod install order thread applies to all games.
    [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    CamDawg wrote: »
    Though it's written for Icewind Dale, the general rules of thumb from my IWD mod install order thread applies to all games.

Problem with me is even if I try to follow what should be where, I don't know what is what. Like what is a fix, or what is an AI tweak or even a game tweak. Some are self explainatory like npcs or items but the tweaks and fixes and even story/quest mods, I have a hard time knowing where they should be in the order.
    @subtledoctor Not trying to be a debbie downer here but you should spell out the one that says SCS to full that says its Sword Coast Strategems. Not saying people know that cause some people may not. It took me a couple of mins or awhile to realize thats what it stood for.
  • FreakydooFreakydoo Member Posts: 37
    my mod list isnt populating,i have the latest version of windows 10 fully updated, git, latest .NET, and powershell, although im not sure how to tell which version i have for powershell. how can i further help you to help me? thank you
    edited February 2019
    @Freakydoo If you have Windows 10, you have everything which is needed. Did you choose folder with extracted mods(not archives)? Please send me logs from "Logs" folder via PM/email/pastebin.com.
  • MythalarMythalar Member Posts: 68
    1) fixes
    2) atypical content mods
    3) quests
    4) NPCs
    5) item mods/packs
    6) spell packs
    7) kit mods
    8) rule tweaks
    9) SCS
    10) odds & ends
    11) UI mods (for EE 2.0+ games)

Regarding install order, a portrait pack for npc such as Portraits Portraits Everywhere would be after SCS no? Asking because I think quite a lot of portraits were missing last time doing this (or it was a PPE issue).
    @Freakydoo Update to 0.4.3 and let me know if it's fixed.
  • KyluKylu Member Posts: 5
    Any chance of getting this pinned?
    Ummm, my installaltion is stuck in an infinite loop where it keeps reinstalling then uninstalling cdtweaks, over and over and over
    @Kylu Did you have other mods installed? Please send me logs from Logs folder.
  • willardthorwillardthor Member Posts: 3
    @ALIEN Nothing happens when I run that .exe file. I have Windows 10, and I have Git installed. I have also tried running the .exe from cmd; no output is produced (the program appears to terminate immediately). Am I doing something wrong? What do I need to do to make ProjectInfinity work? Thanks!
    edited February 2019
    @willardthor Which version number exactly (look at System > Information) ? Check if you AV didn't block it (false-positive). Other that that, I have no idea and I can't 'debug' error if the app isn't starting at all.
    Kylu wrote: »
    Ummm, my installaltion is stuck in an infinite loop where it keeps reinstalling then uninstalling cdtweaks, over and over and over

I was having that same issue with strategems only mine was doing installing and installing and installing strategems over and over for some odd reason and I had to uninstall all my mods and not install strategems. Don't know if its a project infinity issue or a strategems issue.
    @ALIEN I think you may need to look at some issues with PI installing Tweak mods. I guess CDTweaks and SCS have issues trying to install that they get caught in a loop. I am installing SCS separate from PI and it is installing faster and not getting caught in a loop. CDtweaks installed for me fine on PI but it may not for everyone so you may need to take a look at that.
  • ArvendorArvendor Member Posts: 19
    I'm currently having the same issue where the application refuses to launch at all. I've tried disabling the UAC, AV and Windows Defender but none of that worked. I did see the application show up for 2-3 seconds in the Taskmanager but it then immediately terminates without any kind of error message.
    edited February 2019
    @Kylu @gohanf22 Ar you sure that you simply just install cdtweaks/scs again? If you installed a mod once and then you trying to install it again using PI, the whole mod will be reinstalled. I need logs from Logs folder.

@Arvendoro You don't have to disable UAC for this application. Please redownload using link from first post, if it still doesn't even run I would need to figure out something.
    edited February 2019
    ALIEN wrote: »
    @willardthor Which version number exactly (look at System > Information) ?
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803. (OS build 17134.590)
    Check if you AV didn't block it (false-positive).
    When I ran the .exe for the first time, a pop-up came up stating that Windows blocked this untrusted app. I told it to run the app anyway. And the effect of that is what I described. I have also tried running the .exe as an administrator (which, to my knowledge, should bypass all security features of Windows). Same effect.
    Other that that, I have no idea and I can't 'debug' error if the app isn't starting at all.
    If you can include some debugging info at some point (enabled by a command-line argument), that would be really useful.

Is there no initial setup I am missing? I don't have much installed. I haven't even installed Baldur's Gate yet.

P.S.: I think Project Infinity is a fantastic initiative. Baldur's Gate with mods is so much more fun, and anything that helps installing mods is very much appreciated. Thank you for this.
    @ALIEN I don't even know if it even made a log cause it wouldn't stop. But its ok I uninstalled SCS anyway. I even tried to install SCS manually and it still wasn't installing right so I don't think it was a PI issue. Besides PI is a wonderful idea anyway. I just think SCS is never going to work for me. :( Oh well.
  • ArvendorArvendor Member Posts: 19
    @ALIEN I just redownloaded the application and it seems to be working now. Very strange, but I'm not complaining!
    I wiped all my folders and files, I will try redoing PI sometime this week.

A word of advice for other brain dead people like me, exit your anti-virus before trying to run PI. D'oh!
    @willardthor You didn't miss anything, you OS has everything which is needed. I'm using the same version. Please redownload using link from first post, if it still doesn't even run, I will investigate further.

@Kylu @gohanf22 I've reproduced loop issue and in fact it occurs when you try to install a mod which is already installed inside current game. For now it is how it work but I want to improve this later.

@Arvendor That might point me to some unusual things regarding build process of the application so thanks for reporting.

Kylu
    @willardthor You didn't miss anything, you OS has everything which is needed. I'm using the same version. Please redownload using link from first post, if it still doesn't even run, I will investigate further.
    I downloaded the .exe in your top post, which is version 0.4.3, and that one works :smile: I'll report back on any experiences (good/bad) once I play with this after the week-end.
  • DurandalisDurandalis Member Posts: 46
    edited February 2019
    Just literally stumbled across this, and I'm wondering how reliable the current version is in general when compared to the current BWS. I'm just wondering if I should give this a shot or just do everything manually until it's ready.

Edit: Well, tried it, but I think I'll stick with manual right now. Hopefully this will take off later on.
    Post edited by Durandalis on