Skip to content

Diablo Minimal and No Reload Thread (spoilers)

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Whew, i forget to repost my draft when making the above comment. Ouch... Some 100 pic with the connecting text. :#:'(
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462

Nightmare Act2

A free skill is always nice.

Enemies start to have a lot of resistances/immunities.

Time to fight Duriel :)

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Hah, circlet from the Naj's set :p

Nightmare Act3

Bengoshi was very lucky in this act, he drops a lot of interesting things :p

Insane unique amulet

Rune drop!

Mediocre uniq trident (you can't always drop good item :p ).

Double drops! The weapon would have been nice if Bengoshi was a melee druid.

And another rune drop!

I don't have the screenshot after I identified it, I think it was Tancred's Skull.

Bengoshi did not have any problem in the first two acts and so he was less careful. It was a huge mistake and almost get him killed. These dolls are scary, Bengoshi hates them.

The fight against Uncle Mephy.

Nightmare Act4

New act and already another set item.

The fight against Izual gives two skills point and another set item.

Rune drop on the road to destroy the Mephisto's Soulstone.

After an eld rune in normal (second-last worst), Hephasto drops a sol rune (worst drop in nightmare) :|

And third set item (all three were bad but it's always nice to see green drops).

Bengoshi had a lot of money so he decides to gamble a little. And this is what he gets B)

After that, Bengoshi was ready to go to the Chaos sanctuary to fight against Diablo and his minions.

edited December 2018

Nightmare Act5

Bengoshi finds another good helm. I hesitate a lot on which runes I should use and finally decides to use runes that gives elemental resistance.

Bengoshi saves Anya and then avenges her.

The challenge against the Ancients starts well but then the mercenary died. Bengoshi had to be extra careful for the rest of the fight.

Baal's bodyguards.

Time to fight Baal.

Stats at the end of Act5.

Congrats! Good luck in Hell :)
    O_Bruce said:

Congrats! Good luck in Hell :)

Thanks, I'll need it :) Hell is scary.

Hell Act1

Bengoshi is now very careful as literally everything can kill him. The first big test was against Blood Raven.

I didn't knew that elite monsters of this type exists :o

Last time Bengoshi had to save Deckard Cain!

Visiting the Countess.

The Smith drops a new weapon for my mercenary :)

Bengoshi now faces the same monsters type that ends Kaelis run :/
    But this time, Bengoshi manages to survive B)

edited December 2018

Hell Act1 Part2

Perfect example of all special abilities an uniq monster can have in Hell :p

The fight against Andariel \o/

Hell Act2

Radament himself was not too hard, but the minions with him were dangerous.

The Maggot Lair was a nightmare. The small corridors means that Bengoshi often jump right into pack of monsters. Also most of the time the mercenary and the bear were blocked so Bengoshi had to fight alone. And there was not enough space to avoid monsters that Bengoshi can't kill. It took a few tries to be able to go to the end.

The Arcane Sanctuary was also very very hard. Spectres take forever to kill.

I'm scared :s

The fight against Duriel. Bengoshi was very careful and teleport back to town to resurrect his mercenary each time he dies. Surprisingly, the fight was easier than expected :)

"Hello there" - General Kenobi

Was doing Immolation Arrow amazon run, just like the previous one.

Baal awarded me with The Oculus. Yay.

Since the character reached Hell difficulty, maybe I'll be doing updates on her.
    edited December 2018

Hell Act3 - Welcome to the jungle

Too bad Bengoshi is not a Necromancer.

:)

The hardest part of Act3 was the Flayer Dungeon. The first two tries, the dungeon spawns Bengoshi's favorite monsters Wraith :| It was too dangerous as Bengoshi can't kill them. The third time, the dungeon spawns Bone Fetish. Even though it was very risky, Bengoshi goes for it and manages to finish the dungeon :)

The fight against Uncle Mephy :p

Post edited by lefreut on

Hell Act4 - Highway to Hell

Strangely, the fight against Izual was insanely fast.

Rune drop!

Guess which rune I get from the Hell's Forge :|

Time to fight Diablo >:)

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    You're getting there! I like that this druid build has been working for you so far. It's quite powerful indeed, and quite safe (at least I've found it to be safe). Good luck!

Hell Act5 - The Final Countdown

Act5 hell minions varies a lot, some of them are deadly and others are quite weak. The difficulty really changes a lot depending on what monsters you get.

Bengoshi slowly goes through the act and manages to defeat Shenk.

Bengoshi decides to respec so he can use this belt :)

On his way to rescue Anya, Bengoshi encounters a lot of Succubi. They are probably the most dangerous monsters Bengoshi has to fight. They do massive damage and cast spells at very long range. Even though Bengoshi uses range skills, he still has to go relatively close to be able to kill them.

It was very hard to advance. Bengoshi often has to retreat to heal after killing only one or two Succubi. HE knew that the safe thing to do was to reload and hope for easier monsters but he was stubborn, probably way too much. He rushs to a huge pack, prepare to cast Tornado and then get multiple hits. He didn't even have a chance to drink potions.

And sadly the run ends here. It's entirely my fault, it was a really dumb move. I should have been much more careful. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm sorry @Bengoshi I failed you :'(
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited December 2018
    Damn, that's just uggghhh.

In the same time, this is the treat of hardcore characters - you'll come stronger the next time.
    So, my last try was Clara, another trapsin.

Clara farmed Raikinishu and Treehead throughout Normal for a Gull. I added some other bosses always to gain xp and hope for some goodies. The last boss was Nihlathak, whom Clara visited 900-ish times.
    She entered Nightmare at level 64 and with a Gull, a +2 to assassin skill claw (from Nilly) and a Kelpie Snare (from Pindle), besides other more forgettable items.

Nightmare was rushed, visited some times Pindleskin and Nilly after that for some xp.  Would like to shop some decent claws by Anya, but i messed up and lost my red portal before entering some serious business, so i went further for Bhaal soon after.

Hell went good, death sentry performed very well. For fire immunes i tried Blade Fury with a Nord's Tenderizer, and it made fights much more manageable.
    Fight against Hell Diablo:
    Reached Pindlegarden, and would like to collect a Lem beside my Ist rune (which came from Hellforge) and make a Delirium. A better pole for the merc would have been nice too.
    Runs were following the pattern:
    Pindle->Lower Kurast campfire->Kurast sewer level 2->Frigid Highlands.
    Clara's end came because of me navigating her in the middle of Icehawk Riftwing's pack by accident at the sewer level 2 entrance.

Too bad Clara couldn't replicate Hexxat.
    Allright, time for some Diablo updates. First thing first, look here:
    xn4sia4881no.jpg

1. Maxima, the Immolation Arrow Amazon. Due to my poor RNG I cannot make through Act IV Hell with her. Immolation Arrow was powerful until this point, too bad that I was not able to find any decent ranged weapon that would be good for dealing physical damage. And damage done by my Merc and Valkyrie is suprisingly low. I was counting on them, but I cannot imagine beating Chaos Sanctuary with her, without additional grinding for items. So I am abandoning her for now.

2. Zelowa, an Tiger Strike/Dragon Tail assassin that died by Creeping Feature's explosion on death in act II Nightmare. I haven't played Assassin in a while and it was quite fun and refreshing while it lasted. Of course, no grinding again.

3. And now, we have SirGance, a Paladin that's focused on Vengeance + Conviction aura combination. See some of his progress here:
    2m2zsctcu2mp.jpg
    5khgas9y7rtb.jpg
    mezqwg6tlne9.jpg
    tgekn7nm1rv6.jpg
    vv40zeiyfql3.jpg

The combination seems very powerful for now, although Vengeance is heavily mana-consuming. It is a first instance in a long time that I had a warrior class have 2 rows of mana potions on belt, as well charms that increased my mana reserves.

Also, learning from my successful Bart's playthrough, I am no longer taking "attack rating" bonuses lightly. So I have a merc with Blessed Aim aura to support that. Conviction Aura works also well, decreasing enemies' defense. That way, not only I'm boosting effective DPS, I also am minimizing mana usage. The more often I am able to land a succesful hit, the less mana I waste on useless swings.

Let's see if this philosophy going to work well later in the game.
    Vile Hunters are vile.
    This time around, rolling a necromancer.
    ke8egrcla84l.jpg

2f7.jpg
    To sum up the adventures of Chisaki the Necromancer so far:
    Act I:
    lj8304qob1yh.jpg
    w3a0pxnej1j7.jpg

Act II:
    r5gx44bhlhs5.jpg
    Unfortunately, no screenshots of battle against Duriel. I was afraid it'll be very difficult with Poison Dagger as my main weapon, but fortunately, Duriel focused mostly on Golem and Merc and I found use of Life Tap curse very effective. Merc was able to tank the Lord of Pain, allowing Chisaki to stab it with Poison Dagger once per few seconds.

Act III:
    sbayx6u0g4b5.jpg
    488awwomt3t8.jpg
    8jzpa8ct4cc8.jpg
    Mephisto actually was more of a fight than Duriel. Imagine my shock.

Act IV:
    jkvzd3k6t509.jpg
    51nss0m6jro4.jpg
    xcry4j7xebr0.jpg
    a4nicr3k2t3i.jpg
    elyu51bvu39d.jpg

Diablo proved to be very challenging. I had to use Iron Maiden + Golem combination and stabbing the Lord of Terror from time to time. Definitely the hardest and most dangerous battle of Normal difficulty.

The reward enabled Chisak ito create a nice Iron Golem from it.
    bc81t6paqe5t.jpg

Act V:
    Something nice:
    c6ldoiih8tyj.jpg

Before facing the Ancients Chisaki farmed Pindlesking for some rare items and experience. As for the Ancients:
    1jj6cdiriiyr.jpg
    oxwbguff2iwv.jpg

Minions of Destruction were very... destructive towards the Fire Golem:
    8ql8ol0suf86.jpg

The fight against Baal:
    hwic3vm15ho3.jpg
    4pjdsnm0y0j5.jpg
    kun186lqmd4v.jpg

And here we are:
    gi0jqc66a787.jpg

After that, some Baalruns followed. For this playthrough, I won't restrict myself from farming. I need to keep reminding myself to be careful, however. So, at beginning of Nightmare difficulty, Chisaki looked like this:
    weqdm811fsq7.jpg
    As you can see, there are points in dexterity spend. This is due to two reasons: dex requirements for daggers and also I am going for decent chance to block. This necro doesn't have wall of minions protecting him.

Skills:
    uzu4tbjzb43d.jpg
    9wlsegi2cg6d.jpg
    tdby6qce53c8.jpg

Items:
    qytpv930hxgd.jpg
    il7zcwiih7w1.jpg
    6c40bl0qwkf7.jpg
    t5mph4m6cnb1.jpg
    0um0pn4sfaal.jpg
    ftssrxmmkbkb.jpg
    7egqlvnzs26s.jpg
    6ke3bqgqr8b4.jpg
    wqsxgvin07hq.jpg
    2bpdnfdv32wy.jpg
    tjfq8vuajy5a.jpg

Merc:
    caz8r96hgde6.jpg
    zqk5uiluvp9n.jpg
    793awb1hal6c.jpg
    Diablo is now available on GoG :o

https://www.gog.com/news/release_diablo
    It's time to see if I remember anything about this game :p
    ca2qz8qfwlfb.png

On his way to the Cathedral, Aragorn encounters a dying townsman and gets a first glimpse at the story surrounding this mysterious town.
    j8fr0fraa2gb.png

Aragorn first two quests:
    mvvzzo4w4ia4.png
    How does it feel, @lefreut ? Considering you're coming back after D2, and lots of years? I don't mean only the graphics - the gameplay, the general feel you're getting.
    @JuliusBorisov It's nice to replay this game, I really like the atmosphere. I don't mind the old graphics, I think they aged quite well. But the gameplay is very rigid, the movement speed is slooow (you can't run in town...). You very rarely find an interesting item. I don't think you can have a lot of different builds.

For me, D2 is strictly better and more fun.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Diablo 1, strictly as a piece of atmosphere, is peerless. Though in retrospect I believe 75% of that is due to Matt Ullman's soundtrack and the sound design. For 1996, considering it was the first of it's kind, it was a revelation. It created an entire genre. But as a pure gaming experience, it's light years behind it's sequel. It's astonishing how much they expanded upon the idea within 3 years.