Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Blind_VisionaryBlind_Visionary Member Posts: 203
    @DavidW You may know this already, but the SCS convenience script for "create items" will empty out the Shaman's ability to cast any Level 2 spells if the shaman can cast Goodberry. Not a critical issue (and maybe not a bug at all)... I decided to turn off create items altogether in order to be able to have some Level 2 spells available. FYI
    BlackravenCharlestonianTemplar
  • Alas, Evandrus fell at the bandit camp... He was stingy with potions of magic blocking. Figured that glitterdust from Venkt wouldn't be that big of a deal. Next thing he knew, he was a blind pincushion... Ha! Amateur.

:):D

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    semiticgod wrote: »
    To my surprise, a bunch of Web spells and Fireballs are in fact enough to kill Drasus and company. Web doesn't appear to turn people hostile, though it really should.

I agree it does seem an odd omission. SCS makes potential enemies react violently to single target spells that you can get away with in vanilla (like charm and blind), but not to area spells (like silence, stinking cloud and web) - though the latter are likely to be directed with just as much hostile intent >:).
    CharlestonianTemplarsemiticgoddessCorey_RussellCrevsDaak
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Grond0 wrote: »
    To my surprise, a bunch of Web spells and Fireballs are in fact enough to kill Drasus and company. Web doesn't appear to turn people hostile, though it really should.

I agree it does seem an odd omission. SCS makes potential enemies react violently to single target spells that you can get away with in vanilla (like charm and blind), but not to area spells (like silence, stinking cloud and web) - though the latter are likely to be directed with just as much hostile intent >:).

Web isn't designed to hurt anyone which is why people don't get hostile. If it turned people hostile then the Dukes in the Ducal Palace would turn against you. Your own party might turn against you, but they know that in itself it isn't a hostile act, that being webbed is a side effect. It is only when it is accompanied with a volley of arrows or a magic missile that it becomes hostile. It's the sort of spell a police force would use to detain peopole until they find out who is a criminal and who is not.
    BlackravenAerakar
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Raduziel wrote: »
    Grond0 wrote: »

I think it is coded that way to avoid the entire city going hostile if a web touches a neutral character.

Pretty much. You can’t accidentally target someone with Blindness, but you can catch them in Web by mistake.

Blind_VisionarysemiticgoddessCorey_RussellCrevsDaak
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @DavidW You underestimate my stupidity.
    Wise_GrimwaldCorey_RussellMantis37CrevsDaak
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited February 2019
    @DavidW (and others). I wasn't envisaging bystanders going hostile when I referred to potential enemies. Rather, I was assuming that the AI could discriminate between bystanders and potential enemies (like Tarnesh). I agree the former wouldn't be expected to react, but it would seem reasonable for the latter to. Even if they did not immediately go hostile, I would have thought it would make sense for them to start searching around in response to a web to see who cast it ...
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @DavidW: Normally I'm the last person to suggest removing an exploit, but wouldn't it be possible to add a line to SCS scripts telling Drasus and other enemies who start out neutral to go hostile and search out the player if they become helpless before combat begins? A commoner wouldn't have that script, so the commoner wouldn't go hostile in that case; only normal enemies.
    OlvynChuruGrond0Corey_RussellCrevsDaak