Skip to content

Any use of CHA and INT in OC?

BaelBael Member Posts: 4
Will these abilities affect any story or conversations in any meaningful way during the official campaign? I really would like to have a clever and charming character that shows in the game play.

Comments

• WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Low INT (less than 9) will make you sound like you have low intelligence, and will lead to funny reactions from many people. A lot like the old Fallout games which did much the same thing.

Low or high CHA will also affect folks reactions to you, you will notice this right from the start of the game.

NWN OC is very good with making your stats matter.
    BaelStummvonBordwehr
  • BaelBael Member Posts: 4

Low or high CHA will also affect folks reactions to you, you will notice this right from the start of the game.

I'm glad to hear that! I've played NWN plenty but mostly modules and communities. Never got very far in the OC before I was recommended he modules. Now I'd really like to give it a go with a druid. Some of these games have certain dialogue options only available for those with the highest of INT or CHA scores, but as a druid it's all about WIS. Should I be tempted to lower this just to have a higher CHA?
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Bael wrote: »

I'm glad to hear that! I've played NWN plenty but mostly modules and communities. Never got very far in the OC before I was recommended he modules. Now I'd really like to give it a go with a druid. Some of these games have certain dialogue options only available for those with the highest of INT or CHA scores, but as a druid it's all about WIS. Should I be tempted to lower this just to have a higher CHA?

It's been awhile since i've touched the OC, but i'm almost positive WIS gives extra dialogue options in the form of choices labeled [insight]. Some of these are pretty cool, like seeing through the deceptions of certain characters and calling them out on it.
    Bael
  • SuperFunHappySuperFunHappy Member Posts: 44
    Having 15 and above charisma in the OC means you are good looking and other people see you as what I can only describe as an authority figure. There really isn't many options that come to mind that involve charisma other than talking to that woman to reveal the secret entrance password. People will treat you differently but it won't effect gameplay as far as I know. For example when you are at the noble district entrance and have high charisma while talking to the commander he will address you as sir. If you have lower than that he will tell you to "keep your shirt on" or something when you ask to pass through. Another example is when you leave the church and the women approaches you. Depending on your charisma she will have different reactions to seeing you.

BaelStummvonBordwehr