Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems (SCS) threads

Comments

• aldainaldain Member Posts: 303
    @ALIEN
    Version is BG2EE 2.5.16.6.
    I download stratagems-v31_Release_Candidate_3.exe from https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SwordCoastStratagems/releases/tag/v31_RC3 and run it.
    I opt only to install Improved Beholders (option 2: Rays do not burn through spell protections, anti-magic ray protects from all magic for 1 round).
    Result: Improved Beholders install correctly. WeiDU:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6551 // Smarter beholders -> Don't give beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections; beholder antimagic blocks all spells, including harmful ones, for a round (simulates D&D rules): v31 RC2

Interesting that WeiDU says RC2, but I guess that may just be a typo somewhere (I checked and the .exe I downloaded says RC3, for whatever that's worth).
    However, I did try to clean my install and run the aforementioned RC3 twice before posting here, that time with a much larger number of components selected, and both times Improved Beholders failed, so I guess there's some other component it doesn't like.
    I'll try to install more components again and post back.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @aldain Yep, 'RC2' is a typo, fixed already. please share you results.
  • aldainaldain Member Posts: 303
    @ALIEN
    I am now thoroughly confused. This time, everything works.
    For reference, I first selected Repair install (I use the standalone launcher for BG2EE).
    I then successfully installed the following SCS components:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1910 // Protection from Normal Missiles also blocks Arrows of Fire/Cold/Acid and similar projectiles without pluses: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2041 // Modify the Harm spell so it does damage rather than reducing target to 1 hp -> Enemy and player Harm spells both do 150 hp of damage: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Allow individual versions of Spell Immunity to be placed into Contingencies and Spell Triggers: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2111 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at their level (not twice their level): v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Slightly increase the power of Mantle, Improved Mantle, and Absolute Immunity: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Make spell sequencers, spell triggers, and contingencies learnable by all mages: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // True Sight/True Seeing spells protect from magical blindness: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2180 // Prevent Simulacra and Projected Images from using magical items: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Replace +1 arrows with nonmagical "fine" ones: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Replace +1 magical weapons with Fine ones: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3041 // Reduce the number of Arrows of Dispelling in stores -> Stores sell a maximum of 5 Arrows of Dispelling: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove the Shield of Balduran from the game: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove the invisibility power of the Staff of the Magi: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Move Vhailor's Helm into Throne of Bhaal: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Move the Cloak of Mirroring: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Move the Robe of Vecna into Throne of Bhaal: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Make the healing and resurrection powers of the Rod of Resurrection into separate abilities: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Change Carsomyr so that its Dispel on contact power grants a saving throw: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4093 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 1/4 the normal rate: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4180 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4215 // Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4218 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas -> Remove all ammo from random containers: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4240 // Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells (each may be taken only once): v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Cloak of Displacement: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5030 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6021 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to spellcasters -> Only selected spellcasters in Throne of Bhaal and Shadows of Amn get HLAs: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages -> Mages cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6104 // Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6510 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6520 // Smarter genies -> Genies have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6530 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have a substantial hit point increase: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6551 // Smarter beholders -> Don't give beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections; beholder antimagic blocks all spells, including harmful ones, for a round (simulates D&D rules): v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6563 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have enhanced damage resistance; Illithids cannot see invisible enemies: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8030 // More resilient trolls: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8040 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Mildly increased difficulty: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8061 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Enhanced spirit trolls (as in Tactics): v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8130 // Prevent resting in the Illithid city: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Upgrade Ust Natha's defences: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v31 RC2
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v31 RC2

I guess chalk it up to a fluke, or something weird with my computer? At any rate, sorry to bother you.
    @aldain I expected such outcome. One remark:

For reference, I first selected Repair install (I use the standalone launcher for BG2EE).

Those launchers are deprecated now, they might give unexpected results when installing/restoring. Please use official client.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Hmmmm, how fast are the faster bears supposed to be? I installed that component, but I haven't noticed a change.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Wondering: I have some BG:EE final saves i played with SCS. Then SoD was released and i was hesitant how to go on with that, so i waited a few years :smile:

I'd like to venture forth now with those characters, but i'm not sure how to do that with SCS and SoD ...
    – Should / can i install it on SoD? Is it of any use? does it work?
    – Or should i play SoD in vanilla taste?

After SoD, i'm going to go on with BG2:EE and SCS definitely. Question is only about the in-between SoD.

Sideway question: anything i should wait for regarding SCS and the 2.5 patches? Or is it relatively save to play that combination already?
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    Anyone have any issues with SCS with the new version that came out?

I posted on Gibberling but wanted to see if anyone that wasn't on that forum and is here has had any issues. The logs are in that post if you're interested.
  • billy_pilgrimbilly_pilgrim Member Posts: 132
    I've been trying to install SCS as part of my BWS install. I keep on running into this error when BWS gets to SCS:
    ERROR: Sys_error("stratagems/sfo/general/LIB_ITERATE.TPA.tpa: No such file or directory")
    anyone have any ideas?
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    By the way, David has just put a release candidate for SCS 32 on github for people to test out. So if you enjoy SCS and are planning a fresh playthrough it might be a good idea to pick it up, it seems to be a substantial update.
    JuliusBorisovOrlonKronsteen
  • EddyCosta32EddyCosta32 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2019
    Hello. I don't know if this is the best place to ask this, but i can't seem to find a better place.
    So, the problem is that in the middle of combat, if someone in my party (normally is Minsc) becomes charmed, their circles go RED but they stand there still and do not attack my party back or anything.
    I've read in another thread that this probably is happening because of SCS.
    Is anyone experiencing this?
    If so, how do i fix it, or what part os SCS must i unninstall or not install to avoid this issue?
    Thanks in advance!

Edit: I forgot to mention that i'm playing Baldur's Gate EE, not Baldur's Gate II EE.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    To repeat a comment from G3: I think this is just how the Charm opcode works. Charm Person -> no attacking. Dire Charm -> attacking.
    AerakarBlackravenGusindaJuliusBorisov
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,428
    edited February 2019
    Did I need modmerge before isntalling v32.8? I installed SCS, then tried to install some Tweaks Anthology patches and it complained about modmerge. I used modmerge and then installed Tweaks Anthology. Now the game wont start?

EDIT: Yes I did, uninstalled, installed, modmerge, SCS and now it works. Maybe it should warn about that?
    Post edited by histamiini on
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited February 2019
    I'm trying to install SCS for BGII EE, but getting error when trying to install Improved Battle with Irenicus in Spellhold, any ideas?

ERROR: [weidu_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#copmg.baf] -> [weidu_external/workspace\ssl_out] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)

EDIT: saw that it was taking 1.3GB of memory, restarted and continuing installation works.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    edited February 2019
    For max compatibility, SCS and other mods ship with 32-but WeiDU installers, but it can lead to out-of-memory errors for heavy mods. If you're on a 64-bit OS you can swap the setup program that comes with the mod for a 64-bit one from the official WeiDU site. For example, the Windows one is in bin/amd64--just rename weidu.exe to setup-stratagems.exe and replace the one that shipped with the mod.
    histamiiniJuliusBorisovAaeightAndreaColombo
    Is it safe to update from SCS 32v9 to 32v10 in mid playthrough?
  • splodeykittehsplodeykitteh Member Posts: 10
    So, if I am psychotic, can I install Spell Revisions -> IWDification -> Stratagems? I ask because I want ALL THE SPELLS, and only IWDification actually seems to list what it adds for you. Is there a list anywhere for Stratagems, have I missed it? How would you recommend I go about getting as many new spells as possible without snapping my game in half?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    histamiini wrote: »
    Is it safe to update from SCS 32v9 to 32v10 in mid playthrough?

I don't think it would be safe.
    histamiini
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    JuliusBorisov
    Ah. I ask because the EET tool kicked up a fit when I ticked those boxes together. I understand that thing is...imperfect, but I thought I'd check XD
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    What is "EET Tool?"

If you mean Roxanne's thing... well, you're dealing with something solely in Roxanne's discretion. Since she sequestered herself from most forums where modders and players are, her judgments about such things aren't run by other knowledgeable people... so sadly, it's hard to judge such decisions.

All I know is, I place SR, IWDification, and SCS in the category of "must install" - I won't play the game without them. Have played that way for ~15 years, and whatever minor issues there have been (maybe the odd occurrence like two coexisting versions of Sunscorch, or something) have slowly but surely been handled. These things are in better shape now than ever before.

As I recall SCS was in the tactics section (4. tier) in the BWS. Players where warned against it - bugs and crashes guaranteed.

When I did a BWS I seldomnly included SCS. Did it once and the game got a bit buggy with the tactics mods (Acsension, SCS, Tactics and NEJ 1 and 2) - but not more buggy than usual.

My guess is that players are still warned against the tactical mods in a EET setup.
    Yeah, that thing, because I'm a lazy arse who doesn't want to do it manually. It seems I'm likely to ignore a lot of warnings - SCS is one I can't live without either. I'm debating Faiths and Powers on top of that too. So many mods, so little time...
    Ammar
    StummvonBordwehr
    As I recall SCS was in the tactics section (4. tier) in the BWS. Players where warned against it - bugs and crashes guaranteed.

When I did a BWS I seldomnly included SCS. Did it once and the game got a bit buggy with the tactics mods (Acsension, SCS, Tactics and NEJ 1 and 2) - but not more buggy than usual.

My guess is that players are still warned against the tactical mods in a EET setup.
    If you installing NEJ 1/2 along with other mods, you are asking for trouble. The NEJ/TS (VC) mods should never be installed with other mods. If you want to play them, read instruction at the BWL forums.