Skip to content

Neverending Nights (NWN Machinima)

TawmisTawmis Member Posts: 120
edited November 2017 in Fan Creations
I am so very excited about Beamdog giving NWN a little love! I recently (beginning of last year) began refilming the entire Neverending Nights (NWN Machinima) I had done into true 1080p format. (The original series was recorded in 800x600 and later 1040x768) - but was still extremely pixelated. The series means so much to me - because I fell in love with writing the characters, voicing it - and even the editing of it - and seeing it all come together.

So at the start of this year, 4 years after we finished it (and to think we started this back in November of 2004, so it took us 9 years to do 65 episodes, originally!) - I've been releasing the new 1080p versions of the episodes pretty much on a monthly basis (with a few exceptions here and there - since work and vacations have tended to get in the way from time to time!) So far I have re-filmed and released the first 31 episodes of the original 65. It's night and day difference too - not just the quality of the video, but even the editing - because of what I've learned since we first started this.

Post edited by Tawmis on
aarionnIsewein

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Seems cool. Posting to easier find this on my computer later.
    Tawmis
  • TawmisTawmis Member Posts: 120
    scriver said:

Seems cool. Posting to easier find this on my computer later.

Thank you, scriver! Feel free to share your thoughts (either here or on the Youtube channels, or even PMs to me!) I love feedback - good, bad - whatever it is! I love hearing what people think of the series! We've had so much love from the NWN guys (see the "About" page in the original post) - everything from being interviewed on Bioware's site, to Atari hiring us to do machinima pieces to promote NWN2 before it came out! I would have never thought our series would get the attention it got back then - and so, I love going back now and giving it a high def treatment and refilming it all! And then to hear Beamdog is touching up NWN now as well - it just seems like perfect timing that NWN gets so much love again!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited November 2017
    @Tawmis Advertisement is against the Site Rules. Please, edit the OP to make it look like not an ad. Thank you!
    lolien
    edited November 2017
    @JuliusBorisov

@Tawmis Advertisement is against the Site Rules. Please, edit the OP to make it look like not an ad. Thank you!

Removed the abundance of links (to FB, Twitter, etc) and just left the single, primary link. If this is still in violation, please let me know.
    Post edited by Tawmis on
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Looks good! Much appreciated!
    Tawmis

Looks good! Much appreciated!

Thank you! Sorry about the original. :)
    JuliusBorisov
    Season's Greetings & Happy New Year! image

Took a moment to write about the impact J.R.R. Tolkien had on me, today being his birthday.
    http://neverendingnights.com/archives/2900
    For those interested in the series - I finally got around to doing a HD 1080p of Episode 32 tonight!
    Neverending Nights - Episode 32 - HD - Employment Opportunities. While resting at the Blackmire Inn and Tavern, Peter the Ranger comes up with an idea, that, surprisingly, Grayson the Fighter actually believes might be a good idea. Every hero needs a villain - and the dynamic duo (unaware they're being pursued by Andrea the Assassin and her cohorts) - decides to hold an audition as to who will be their villain and spread the deeds of their (slightly imagined) deeds across the land - so that they can become rich and famous! After all, what could go wrong with that idea?
    Raduziel
    edited February 2018
    Just finished the next episode! I am not sure if anyone here is watching (and just keeping silent?)

Episode 33: There Be Pirates! (HD)
    Peter and Grayson meet Christine the Chambermaid, and Peter begins weaves a very exaggerated tale about one of their most recent adventures... with some... unexpected results.
    Raduziel
    edited March 2018
    #NeverendingNights - Episode 34 (HD) - Barking Up The Wrong Tree. Peter and Grayson get a visit from a mysterious canine who comes to bring a warning - will they be able to understand what's happening - or will this go as things typically seem to go for our would be dynamic duo?

Non (Canine) Subtitles:

With (Canine) Subtitles (Recommended):

I also updated the #EasterEggs page (Happy ... Easter?)...
    http://neverendingnights.com/easter-eggs
    Raduziel
    New episode this weekend!

Neverending Nights - Episode 35 (HD) - This Is Bull$#!+.

Peter and Grayson find themselves being approached by a Minotaur - but is he friend or foe? A villain whose heard of their "great deeds" and come to smite them? Or something else? Find out in this episode of #NeverendingNights!
    Raduziel
    EPISODE 36: MIND OVER MATTER: Peter the Ranger, Grayson the Fighter and Pawl the Dwarf – er, Minotaur – leave the inn after the rumors begin to spread about their (paid for) heroics to continue their quest – but Andrea and Daniel are hot on their tail. In the forest the trio meet… well, just watch and see!

No Sub-titles:

Subtitles:

Raduziel
    EPISODE 37: CRIME DOES NOT PAY: In this episode… not many characters are safe, as Death sweeps through the cast of characters, claiming several lives before this episode ends… who will survive? Peter? Grayson? Pawl? All? None? Who? WHO? Well. Watch the video (over and over and over and over) and see who will survive!

EPISODE 38: MANDATORY FLASHBACKS: Daniel the Destructive shares something about his past; which allows Andrea the Assassin to open up about hers. Meanwhile, Peter and Grayson argue the dangers of going inside of the cave in front of them when they’re visited by… Well, that would be telling.

Episode 39: Confessions of a Blade!
    Learn the origin of the Sword; and glimpse into the past as more hints are unveiled! And the evil Andrea leads her crew closer and closer to our heroes!

Part of my New Years Eve Resolution is getting back to knocking these out in their 1080p HD versions!

[b][i][u]Episode 39: Confessions of a Blade![/u][/i][/b]
    Learn the origin of the Sword; and glimpse into the past as more hints are unveiled! And the evil Andrea leads her crew closer and closer to our heroes!

Part of my New Years Eve Resolution is getting back to knocking these out in their 1080p HD versions!

[b][i][u]Episode 40 (HD) - Something's Not Quite Right...[/u][/i][/b]
    Grayson talks with Peter about the voices he hears inside his head; and he thinks he's figured out the source. Meanwhile, Andrea leads her small battalion of followers into Gnollmaw Mountain and seems to be hot on the heels of Peter and Grayson! How will our heroes escape?
    edited January 2019
    EPISODE 41: SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES: Things take a twist - then a turn - then another twist! As Andrea and her crew finally catch up to Peter and Grayson! One of them will be changed by this encounter! An old friend will reappear - then a slightly newer friend will reappear! And then - it gets worse from there. Sound confusing? Watch the episode and see what happens!

This one has it all. Episode 42 marked the Season Finale for Season 2 of our series. This episode reveals things about the Crimson Draco Mother, the Sword, and the Mysterious Figure haunting Grayson's dreams! Hang on tight kids! (And don't forget to share!)

Episode 42 HD

Hard to believe - but I made it my New Years Resolution to get back to this - and so begins Season 3 - the final season of our beloved show...
    http://neverendingnights.com/archives/3574
    edited January 2020
    EPISODE 44: SEEING THE UNSEEN: Peter and Grayson make a startling discovery – that they’re not alone – in their own prison cell! (For those of you who thought you were seeing something weird in Episode 43 every once in awhile; that ‘ghostly figure’ finally reveals itself!) But – who or what? – is it – and what can it mean for our dynamic heroes?

Oh, also – you might want to hang out during the credits on this one for some out takes.

Post edited by Tawmis on
    edited January 2020
    Episode 45: A Friend In Need.

Peter and Grayson discover there's someone else in the cell next to them - a Bard! But ... there's something very, very, very weird about the Bard... Naturally, because Peter and Grayson can't seem to catch a break. The Bard seems to think there's something up with Grayson however...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLbRG7dzFI-u3EJd0usasgDrrFO3mZ1lOZ&v=Sk3Jz_g27_0

Next episode of my little show is now out...

#NeverendingNights Episode 46 (HD) - Grayson awakens and realizes, perhaps after all this discussion about his sword from the last episode... that he doesn't know WHERE his sword is! Peter and Grayson try to piece the last fragments of their memory to try and figure out just what may have happened...

Looks like I didn't post about 47... but if you watch the above, it will go into 47.
    So here's 48 which was completed yesterday.

Neverending Nights - Episode 48 (HD) - The Assassin Strikes Back!

Time has passed in the dungeons of the Crimson Draco Legion... and now Peter and Grayson have escaped with the help of Amiee the Armorer... so who is this new woman who has entered the prisons of the Crimson Draco Legion? What does she want? Who is she after? And what does she mean to our would be heroes and their escape?

And when you're done - check out the Easter Egg page for the references we make - some are obvious - some a little more subtle - some explain the changes! http://neverendingnights.com/easter-eggs

TarotRedhandcdx
    A new episode! This one even has a subtitle version (because not everyone understands them KaRaYzE goblins!)

Neverending Nights - Episode 49 (HD) - We return to the Goblins - who also find themselves in prison! How did they get there? What is their crime? And how will they get out? All of that gets answered in this episode! So sit back and be ready! And if you have a difficult time understanding the goblins, there's a subtitled version of this episode also available!

Neverending Nights - Episode 49 (HD) - Subtitles.
    We return to the Goblins - who also find themselves in prison! How did they get there? What is their crime? And how will they get out? All of that gets answered in this episode! So sit back and be ready! If you don't enjoy the subtitles and can speak/understand Goblin-Common just fine, there's the normal version of this video that does not have subtitles.

TarotRedhand
    #Neverending Nights - Episode 51 (HD) - "Wanted: Dead Or Alive"

Peter & Grayson, along with Amiee the Armorer, find a new town; but no sooner do they discover there's a "Wanted" poster of Peter & Grayson... and some members of the Crimson Draco Legion. The reward is quite a bit, and suddenly, Amiee the Armorer is placed in an awkward position...

TarotRedhand
    #NeverendingNights - Episode 52 (HD) - These Aren't The Heroes We're Looking For.

Will Amiee betray Peter & Grayson for the ample reward? If not, what's their plan now?

TarotRedhand
    http://neverendingnights.com/archives/3720

EPISODE 53: FORGING DESTINY: #NeverendingNights – Amiee the Armorer has gathered some… potentially?… useful information from the local bartender at the Pomtom Inn. But what could it mean? (You may want to hang out after the credits this time!)

TarotRedhand
    Neverending Nights Episode 54 (HD) - "Back By (Somewhat?) Popular Demand" is now on Youtube!
    Alan the Astounding wakes up from being passed out on the pier and stumbles to the closest tavern. But why has he shown up? What's he after? What is his quest? Will we see more of him? And who is the hottie he's talking to in the tavern? All this and more is revealed in this episode!

Grayson is trying to figure out how Peter is getting all the ladies at the tavern - and get some pick up advice from a guy in a white leisure suit!
    This episode has a very special appearance from Al Lowe from Leisure Suit Larry fame! As well as Jules, who I also originally met thanks to Sierra On-Line! Very special episode! This version - after the episode ends - Peter shares a story that's based on a D&D Session run from my friend Paul (which is only in the HD version).

TarotRedhand
    Grayson learns a thing about an oddly colorful individual at the bar about "Funkafying" himself and raising his "Funk-Fu." The special character in the very colorful outfit is voiced by none other than Greg Johnson from Toejam and Earl! (The colorful outfit is supposed to represent Funkatron where the alien duo, Toejam and Earl come from!)

TarotRedhand
    #NeverendingNights #NeverwinterNights #Machinima
    Amiee the Armorer has gathered information about the Forge of Eternal Flame and the next steps for getting Grayson's magical sword reignited to complete it's final quest... however, things won't be so easy.

TarotRedhand