Skip to content

[Bug] Priest of Tyr not importing properly

ArishalArishal Member Posts: 13
I apologize if this is not the correct place for this topic. I did not find a proper bug report forum.

I played through Baldur's Gate EE with a Priest of Tyr, intending to go through BG2 and ToB. When it came time to import into Baldur's Gate 2 EE, there were some... oddities.

So it appears I've lost my kit and have become a generic Cleric. Does that mean I've lost my abilities too?

...Boon of Lathander and Hold Undead. So I've become an unkitted Priest of Lathander somehow?

In the end I just decided to recreate the character in BG2 and edit my Wisdom score to 21. So no big impact on my personally, but I felt it would be known.
elminster

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited October 2016
    I can confirm that this is an issue. Looks like there are some mismatches in some .2da files that need to be addressed. I have reported the issue on redmine.
    Post edited by Tresset on
    Gate70Luthor23
  • Luthor23Luthor23 Member Posts: 1
    I'm currently having the same problem was this issue ever resolved?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Luthor23 wrote: »
    I'm currently having the same problem was this issue ever resolved?

Yes, it was.

There is now an OHFIXTTYR player AI script that can be used by players to fix their existing BG:EE/SoD Priest of Tyr characters to the new kit value. Existing priests of Tyr can continue through the game without issue; when they're ready to export their character they can simply assign this script and press 'D'. A 'Priest of Tyr' bit of floating text should pop up and they'll be granted some special abilities (Chaos of Battle and Holy Power).
    Unfortunately, it's not a 'clean' fix. Despite being the correct kit value, their class in BG:EE/SoD will be listed as 'cleric' instead of 'Priest of Tyr', hence why we recommend doing this only before export.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/06/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-25.html