Skip to content

Barbarian/shaman and EEKeeper

Just finished a good aligned run through iwdee and really wanting to give it a go with an evil party.

After hitting the expansion areas I Really want to play a half orc barbarian/shaman. I know a multi kit isn’t available yet. I was thinking of two options using eekeeper:

First one was taking a half elf
fighter/druid and changing the race and adding the barbarian kit which is easy enough, but then I get stuck using Druid weapons...and I want barbarian or shaman proficiencies. Is there a way to edit these?

Second idea I had was to simply pick a shaman, but give it barb hp and 2* proficiencies and equipment. I tried to add the barbarian kit to the shaman but it didn’t seem to do anything and barbarian didn’t even show up on my he character sheet. Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited May 2019
    A shaman kit can give you everything you are looking for, except the proficiency gain (I think).

Tomorrow I'll try to build something for you. Should be quite simple I think.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    RAM021
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Muku, you could accept that you have a Sharman with some Barbarian abilities, you know spent too much time with the tribal sharman and not enough time with the other fighters and didn't build the constution for the extra HP (it was all that dancing instead of the heavy lifting)...

For this, you would be a Sharman and level up as a Sharman (HP etc) and unless you edit each level with EEKeeper, and you would be stuck with * in weapons instead of the original on level.

- Create a Sharman, save and edit the game with EEKeeper. You can add additional HP and weapon * in the weapons you want.
    - Go to the Effects tab and Add Kit Effects, select Barbarian and level 1 (this will give you speed increase of 2).
    If you add more, you will be adding the resistances but this is up to you.
    - Go to the Inate Tab and add Kit Barbarian level 2 which will give you a Rage
    - Go to Memorisation Tab and add Type: Inate, Level 1, Memorise: add a few, say 5
    - Alter any other parts to keep the char in line with your thoughts.
    - If you want to add Backstab Immunity, let me know as I will have to go through EEKeeper to remind myself how and I don't have the time right now.
    - Save and start the game. When you start, you should see Rage in your Abilities and walk fast enough to keep up with the tribe.

The next edit (if you want) would be lvl 11 to add the resistances but you may not want to break the role, or every 4 levels to add another Rage. You could add them all at the start and restrict yourself from using them. You could also adjust your weapons * if that is required.

For adding other weapons to the Fighter/Druid, the Tweaks Anthology mod allows for Class Weapons relaxation, so for the multiclass F/D, you would have access to all the Fighter weapons; you may not be able to dance the dance though...

Hope that helps
    Gus

StummvonBordwehrRAM021
    @Gusinda I was inspired by your kindness in the avenger spider poison thread and I'll build a kit for @Muku tomorrow.

It will be a Shaman kit and the only differences from a B/S will be:

* Proficiency gain as a Shaman (but I could try to overcome that, just don't know how)

* XP table: will advance at the same rate as a Shaman instead of a Shaman/Barbarian

The HD of the kit will be d10 (average between 12 and 8).

Pretty much everything will be copy and paste.
    MukuStummvonBordwehrRAM021
    edited March 2019
    Thanks @Raduziel, I am sure @Muku will appreciate that. You must have been answerinng as I was, as usual, touch typing with 'speed'... (I was also on the phone, so I hope I am not that slow)

I will take it for a run as well. In my infancy stage of modding, I will also use it as one of my study tools. A nice single kit as an intro to kits. I have had a look at your massive packages but they are definately the wrong place to start (Nicely commented though).

Gus

Edit: Will it have Backstab Immunity or do I still need to track down the EEKeeper method.
    edited March 2019
    @Gusinda It will have everything a Barbarian and a Shaman should have, except for the aforementioned proficiencies and XP table/progression. Unless I learn how to do it.

I try to keep my mods as organized as possible so other people may learn through it - I also started by reverse-engineering other mods and often I felt lost looking at the code.

I have way simpler kits than those from Deities of Faerûn and I Hate Undead: Mercenary, Militia Officer and the Charlatan. Feel free to check those and PM if you need to know anything, I'll try to answer it ASAP and as clearly as possible. I'm still learning a lot though.

Now that I know that you'll use this kit for learning purposes I'll try to comment as much as possible its code.

Best regards!
    Gusinda
  • MukuMuku Member Posts: 14
    Raduziel wrote: »
    @Gusinda I was inspired by your kindness in the avenger spider poison thread and I'll build a kit for @Muku tomorrow.

It will be a Shaman kit and the only differences from a B/S will be:

* Proficiency gain as a Shaman (but I could try to overcome that, just don't know how)

* XP table: will advance at the same rate as a Shaman instead of a Shaman/Barbarian

The HD of the kit will be d10 (average between 12 and 8).

Pretty much everything will be copy and paste.

I was expecting some advice let alone a kit! Yeah I didn’t want it to be stupidly OP, basically a barbarian/shaman multi or barb/ druid multi with the barb proficiencies instead of Druid ones, or even shaman proficiencies. For hit die, you nailed it - I was thinking of doing exactly what the game does for fighter/whatever currently, an average of the two. I can even do away with the spirit dance since you can’t control the spirits and I don’t like the idea of not being able to do anything else while an ability is on (except turn undead in short bursts).

edited May 2019
    Well, the only way to make this kit have the same access to weapons that a barbarian does is tweaking the trueclass Shaman - I don't recommend that as it will affect *all* Shamans.

There was a time were a kit's weapon allowance would take priority over the trueclass one, but Beamdog broke it.

So the safest approach would be to allow to this kit the same weapons that a Shaman may use (and have the same amount of slots that a Barbarian can).

You may argue why I don't use Barbarian as a base class, then. Well, that would make you lost shamanic dance and spellcasting.

As for your issue with the dance, you should take a look at a mod called Improved Shamanic Dance by @argent77 . A brilliant mod, by the way.

I'll do my best to deliver it today, but I make no promises. Worst case scenario it will be here tomorrow (it's Thursday 0740AM here in Brazil, by the way).

I'm trying to make a way to let this kit progress as a true multiclass (actually it would receive only half of whatever XP is thrown at it). This is for balancing purpose but I can keep it away if you prefer - actually I'm not certain that I know how to do it.
    RAM021
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    There is a warrior shaman kit already:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71241/v1-1-warhorn-shaman-a-battle-shaman-kit
    @Raduziel
    A new kit sounds cool. Perhaps you can gain inspiration from the warhorn kit - and make your new kit stand out.

Btw. I also have wet dreams about a barbarian/shaman multi... the combo would be awesome in a multi combo.
    @StummvonBordwehr I'm aware of the Warhorn Shaman - and I personally like it very much.

But a Barbarian/Shaman multi was asked and something as close to this as possible will be delivered. I'll not make an official release of it or whatever, it's just a small favor. :smile:

And now also to give Gusinda something more detailed to learn upon.

Anyway, I hope I can satiate your wet dreams.

With this l, I mean.

Stop staring at me.
    Gusinda
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    @Raduziel
    Not to worry. I wont stare B).

A shaman/barbarian multi sounds awesome. I hope it gets official at some point - DoF is awesome.

Best of luck
    Raduziel
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    When you're at it, can you create a Monk/Druid for me as well? ;)@Raduziel
    RAM021
    edited March 2019
    Skatan wrote: »
    When you're at it, can you create a Monk/Druid for me as well? ;)@Raduziel

It is way more complicated as reproducing the Monk's features is a PIT*. And the Druid is not simple either, especially if you consider that a Druid varies a lot between BG(2) and IWD. If you want it specifically for a game things get a little easier but difficult still.

Can you PM me next week making this request again? This one will be impossible as I need to work on DoF and sleep before I get hallucinations and start asking dumb questions at the General Modding Questions thread.
    StummvonBordwehrSkatanRAM021
    edited March 2019
    Ok, the file is done. Now I'll build the CLAB and make whatever spell is necessary.

CLAB done, APR working as intended. XP penalty (it is a multiclass, after all) being applied. Backstab immunity ok.

Now I'll just have to adjust the saving throws to reflect a MC and everything (except for the proficiencies) will be working as intended.

Limitations:

# of proficiencies = Shaman (instead of Barbarian as would happen in a true MC)

Starting slots of proficiency in a weapon = 1 (instead of 2 as would happen in a true MC with a Barbarian).
    StummvonBordwehr
    @StummvonBordwehr I'm aware of the Warhorn Shaman - and I personally like it very much.

But a Barbarian/Shaman multi was asked and something as close to this as possible will be delivered. I'll not make an official release of it or whatever, it's just a small favor. :smile:

And now also to give Gusinda something more detailed to learn upon.

Anyway, I hope I can satiate your wet dreams.

With this l, I mean.

Stop staring at me.

cap6wz7nx9jo.png

@Raduziel, thanks for this and in particular, the additional comments... It must have added precious time that you didn't have to this project and I appreciate it.

Gus
    StummvonBordwehr
    @Gusinda You deserve it. I see how much effort you put daily in this forum to help others.

Let me know if you need anything. :)

PS: There was a way more elegant solution for the saving throw spell but this is kind of an advanced step. Understand the structure of a kit mod will give you a solid base to build upon.

Cheers!
    StummvonBordwehrGusinda
    It is done.

Known issues I can do nothing about:

1) Proficiencies

1.1) Starting proficiency could only be altered by modding the baseclass what would make a mess.

1.2) Ditto for slot acquisition pacing

1.3) Ditto for starting slot allocation

2) Saving Throws that are adjusted to get the Barbarian one instead of the Shaman one (because a MC always uses the better ST) appears in parenthesis as it was a magical effect.

Sorry about the lack of imagination at the class description.

I'll tag @Muku @Gusinda and @StummvonBordwehr

You guys will notice that the kit only receives half the XP it yelds. It is intentional to simulate the splitted XP between two classes that happens in a MC. If you want to get rid of it use NI, open RAPMBSF.spl and delete the effect with Opcode 104.

Totally wasn't expecting all this effort, you totally went above and beyond! I was hoping for a few responses with some general advice or trial-and-error that others had already tried.

Gives me a good starting point to figure out what is and isn't working currently, and some other ideas to throw at it and see if i can get it working. Currently playing around with how to incorporate claw attacks or monk fists as "claws" for a half-dragon character that focuses more on melee than magic I was thinking of.
    RaduzielStummvonBordwehrGusinda
    edited March 2019
    @Skatan Tomorrow I'll crack a tough nut for DoF and after that, I'll (hopefully) breeze through a kit. Those two things close the 1.9.7 cycle and I'll be able to tackle your request.

Would this be a character for BG(2), IWD or both?

Both can be done (requires a bit of tweaking as I said) just slow down things a little, but I have a model I can work on to make things easier to me (my Circle Enforcer from IHU works in both BG(2) and IWD, so I'll use its CLAB as a model).

Actually, I just realized that it is also a no-go for the same reasons: actionbar limitation.

Sorry, nothing I can do here.

---

Before someone pops up talking about Druid/Ranger (people love Druid/Ranger) it is way harder to achieve because I would need to use the Ranger as a baseclass, tweak its spells' progression and add lots of spells one by one. So it is a no-go. Maybe with @Bubb 's EEx this will get way easier to achieve, as the action bar would allow me to have a stealth button for a druid and everything else is kind of copy and paste.

StummvonBordwehrSkatanGusindaRAM021
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    @Skatan Tomorrow I'll crack a tough nut for DoF and after that, I'll (hopefully) breeze through a kit. Those two things close the 1.9.7 cycle and I'll be able to tackle your request.

Would this be a character for BG(2), IWD or both?

Both can be done (requires a bit of tweaking as I said) just slow down things a little, but I have a model I can work on to make things easier to me (my Circle Enforcer from IHU works in both BG(2) and IWD, so I'll use its CLAB as a model).

Actually, I just realized that it is also a no-go for the same reasons: actionbar limitation.

Sorry, nothing I can do here.

I was mostly joking, but thank you kindly for trying.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    StummvonBordwehrRaduzielGusinda