Skip to content

The Outer Worlds

2»

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    @ThacoBell There's currently far more shady things going on with the Epic launcher than just being a new entry of the old GoG vs. Steam debate.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Yeah, this is.....VERY disappointing. As someone else put it, we are now having console wars on PC. I don't want to have to have a launcher for Blizzard, Ubisoft, Bethesda, Epic, Steam, GOG and Origin installed on my computer. 3 is pushing it. Making it so you will need a minimum of EIGHT if you want to keep up with current releases is just too much.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @ThacoBell There's currently far more shady things going on with the Epic launcher than just being a new entry of the old GoG vs. Steam debate.

Any business that doesn't let you use the product you purchased shouldn't be allowed to do business. Period.
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308

Yup, not to mention that whereas Steam is not forcing exclusivity on any publisher, Epic is.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    kanisatha wrote: »

Yup, not to mention that whereas Steam is not forcing exclusivity on any publisher, Epic is.

So? I haven't defended epic at any point here. I simply don't see Stream in any better light.
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    kanisatha wrote: »

So? I haven't defended epic at any point here. I simply don't see Stream in any better light.

Hey I wasn't criticizing your view, just pointing out a fact.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Why is paid exclusives good news?
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    They aren't really. But it means I can blame everything on Epic and nobody will have to know I didn't like an Obsidian RPG ;)
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    FinneousPJ wrote: »
    Why is paid exclusives good news?

Anti-competitive practices are always bad news for the consumer.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    It's out now! And reviews are very favourable. Seems to be a great game. They're doing a launch party at the moment.

edited October 2019
    Good. All that's left is for Obsidian to release their game on steam then.
    Gotta hibernate for the next twelve months until that happens.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Ya, last thing I need is a shop for every damn game. I want to play it bad, but I'll wait. I gave in with Dragon Age: Inquisition and that worked out like crap, so I'll just wait till it comes to steam. I don't want yet another company to have my billing info, remember more logins, have more garbage installed that makes me verify my identity over and over and requires updating. They will probably wind up getting even less money then, since the game will be a year old and won't be able to charge full price for it.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    It's out now! And reviews are very favourable. Seems to be a great game. They're doing a launch party at the moment.

It's a pity you can't romance female npcs though.
    I was also originally against the Epic Store, but that was before I got into the beta for GOG Galaxy 2.0, which consolidates everything in one launcher. Moreover, you can say what you want about them, but since I got Borderlands 3, I have picked up 2 free games EVERY WEEK on the Epic Store. And they aren't little piddly titles either. About a month ago they gave away the entire Arkham Trilogy. I'd venture to say I have received over $300 in free games just from having the launcher installed and opening it every 10 days or so.
    edited October 2019
    Given that GOG Galaxy 2.0 for Linux won't be a thing any time soon (just as with their first launcher). And Epic Fail adamantly denies any other OS's besides Windows even exist... nope, nope, nope. A whole can of nopes.
    edited October 2019
    Given that GOG Galaxy 2.0 for Linux won't be a thing any time soon (just as with their first launcher). And Epic Fail adamantly denies any other OS's besides Windows even exist... nope, nope, nope. A whole can of nopes.

It's a BAD launcher. I won't deny that. It's terrible as an application even on Windows (Epic, not GOG). But then again, so are Origin, Ubisoft, and Bethesda. Only Steam, Blizzard and GOG have anything remotely intuitive and light-weight.

Yes! Plus all the work Valve's done to bring their software to Linux and then the more recent work to make a huge amount of windows games work out of the box on it. The best part is, they actually contribute their proton work back upstream to the opensource wine and dxvk projects.
    jjstraka34 wrote: »

It's a BAD launcher. I won't deny that. It's terrible as an application even on Windows (Epic, not GOG). But then again, so are Origin, Ubisoft, and Bethesda. Only Steam, Blizzard and GOG have anything remotely intuitive and light-weight.

I like playing Diablo II on the Blizzard platform.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    So anyone actually playing Outer World? I am debating on picking it up for my Xbone but am sheepish about the $90.
    As far as consoles go I usually wait for a good deal on ebay to show up and grab a second hand copy there. I might actually do just that for Outer Worlds when it gets ported to the Nintendo Switch on the 31th of December.
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    Looks interesting, but IMO one aspect that i din't liked is that weapons looks too much like "toy weapons", i prefer the FNV weapons who looks like homemade improvised weapons...
    As far as consoles go I usually wait for a good deal on ebay to show up and grab a second hand copy there. I might actually do just that for Outer Worlds when it gets ported to the Nintendo Switch on the 31th of December.

I like that Nintendo is porting game series that used to be PS exclusive.
    Looks interesting, but IMO one aspect that i din't liked is that weapons looks too much like "toy weapons", i prefer the FNV weapons who looks like homemade improvised weapons...

See, now that's endearing to me, given it's far future, whereas it makes sense in fallout for the weapons to be cobbled together and dirtier versions of real weapons. It's like if Google made a laser pistol ;)
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    jjstraka34 wrote: »
    I was also originally against the Epic Store, but that was before I got into the beta for GOG Galaxy 2.0, which consolidates everything in one launcher. Moreover, you can say what you want about them, but since I got Borderlands 3, I have picked up 2 free games EVERY WEEK on the Epic Store. And they aren't little piddly titles either. About a month ago they gave away the entire Arkham Trilogy. I'd venture to say I have received over $300 in free games just from having the launcher installed and opening it every 10 days or so.

All for the small price of your soul!
    edited November 2019

See, now that's endearing to me, given it's far future, whereas it makes sense in fallout for the weapons to be cobbled together and dirtier versions of real weapons. It's like if Google made a laser pistol ;)

''My idea was to explore morality in a post-apocalyptic setting, not to build a better plasma gun.''
    -Tim Cain.
    Post edited by ShapiroKeatsDarkMage on
    TOW passes three million in sales. Thought it was a nice bit of news through which to revive this thread, especially seeing as we are very likely to be getting an announcement of TOW2 soon.