Skip to content

Spell Immunity: Abjuration

2»

Comments

• AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    See my point? Even game experts, like @Jaheiras_Witness are not sure of what the spell does. And the reason is that the game doesn't explain it anywhere. That description needs to be fixed.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Spell Immunity: Abjuration blocks all Abjuration spells except for:

1. Spell Thrust
    2. Secret Word
    3. Breach
    4. Lower Resistance
    5. Pierce Magic
    6. Khelben's Warding Whip
    7. Pierce Shield
    8. Spellstrike

It will block all the others. If you have SCS installed, it will also block Breach.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    I wouldn't compare me knowing what the spell does to expecting someone to understand from an in-game perspective what it does.
    The key words are:
    "The target's Magic Resistance, if any, will not affect this spell."
    Which should probably be changed to:
    "The target's Magic Defenses, if any, will not affect this spell."
    (excepting True Sight/Seeing and Detect Illusions, which should remain "Magic Resistance")

Though IMO, what really needs fixing, is that it doesn't protect you from any spell you cast yourself. A simple 'op324: SPLSTATE:SI_ABJURATION' leading every non-Magic Attack Abjuration spell, and similar for every other spell school. Then you can remove the "Caster-only" targeting and give enemies a save vs spell to avoid.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    i just tested in vanilla
    breach kills the stoneskin of a toon protected by si abjuration, but remove or dispel magic are not effective. the pally sword dm on hit ignore si abjuration and kills the stoneskin , but obviously is not effective if the recipient uses pfmw on top of the stoneskin.

a way to target an enemy protected by si abjuration, divination and improved invisibility that has also protected by spell shield, that seems a not penetrable defense, is to use a cc on nearest enemy with 2 rror and an other spell that kills defenses. the cc can target an invisible enemy, the first rr is absorbed by spell shield, the second kills si abjuration and the 3rd spell complete the work.
    is one of the classic ways to beat soulafein if you romance him when bodhi takes control on him in the last battle against her and transform him in a F/M lich-vampire in the soulafiein mod that sadly is not available for ee afaik.
    i used different strategies for that battle, but that is the classical way to fight it.