Skip to content

Why has Beamdog changed Imoen's party portrait in BGEE?

DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
I'm playing BGEE again and noticed that Imoen's party portrait has been "updated" to that of the one from SoD?

I'm a bit disapponted about this - maybe it was a mistake or oversight - I love the enhanced versions but I thought Beamdog said it wouldn't go changing original content unless it was necessary. Her actual profile portrait remains the same, thankfully.

I'm all for changing the portraits in SoD (and BG2EE) of course, but I'd much prefer that the portraits stayed as they were in BGEE and are not changed in the first installment.

Maybe Viconia has been affected similarly? I'm going to pick her up now to find out.

Post edited by Dharius on

Comments

• DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    They're not changed, it is probably a mod.
    ChroniclerThacoBell
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited April 2019
    Nah, I've not modded, ever. Maybe it's just a bug with the current version? Maybe something's wrong with my portrait files when I installed them, and Beamdog hasn't changed anything...and I've just jumped to conclusions...not sure yet.

BTW, Viconia is unchanged, so I'm not as disappointed as I was.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ChroniclerQuartz
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This must be a mod. Check your override and portraits folders.
    ThacoBell
    Hmm something's gone wrong with my portraits then...I've never used a mod, but maybe a file's got lost or replaced somehow.

At least it's not on the Beamdog update - thanks for clarifying and I won't assume so much next time! ;)
    Chronicler
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited April 2019
    She is given an alternate portrait if you pick her default portrait for CHARNAME, all of the original NPC's have this behavior.
    JuliusBorisovDharius
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I played through BGEE a couple months back and Imoen had her original BG1 portrait. Perhaps it's as kjeron says; are you by any chance using Imoen's portrait as your own portrait?
    Dharius
    I’ve looked into it and somehow the Imoen portrait has been lost and replaced by the one from SoD. No idea how it happened as I don’t mod these files as a rule. It may have been a slip of the keyboard as I was moving files around my hard drive a few months back. Thanks for the advice though - I’ll be more careful in future :sweat_smile:
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    kjeron wrote: »
    She is given an alternate portrait if you pick her default portrait for CHARNAME, all of the original NPC's have this behavior.

if you choose imoen's portrait for your character then imoen will use the second default female character portrait instead
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    kjeron wrote: »

if you choose imoen's portrait for your character then imoen will use the second default female character portrait instead
    Yes, they are all defined in PORTRAIT.2da.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited April 2019
    Right (and looking at it reveals Imoen's second default portrait remains what it has always been).