Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Mr_Salty: If you want to use FoA and Crom Faeyr, 5 pips in flails and a few pips in daggers and dual-wielding will be sufficient. Remember that you can (and honestly, you'll absolutely have to, in SCS) use Spell Immunity: Abjuration to block enemy Remove Magic spells, and you'll want Spell Shield as a backup so it's harder for enemies to remove your SI: Abjuration.
    histamiiniStummvonBordwehr
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,428
    edited April 2019
    @Mr_Salty Spell Immunity abjuration gives 2 turn immunity to Dispel, and its free aura spell meaning you can cast something else the same round. It's also level 5 spell so you can have quite a lot of them.
    semiticgoddessStummvonBordwehrHarpagornis
  • Mr_SaltyMr_Salty Member Posts: 188
    well even if u have immunity abjuration for a short time i always ended up getting stripped of my buffs one way or another didnt had fun with my cleric mage (its a buff god, but when ur buffs are gone it becomes a sack of **** cause Thac0 comes from buffs hahaha) i am def not a pro player at this game ! so i am just hoping 21 kensai / 22 mage will be better as on my test build i had -21 -16 with naked char just using +5 foa and croms with that alone ... i will able to slash something up!!! muahaha
    histamiiniHarpagornis
    edited April 2019
    After suffering heart attacks in many previous runs in Irenicus Dungeon, what an absolutely joyful experience was it with Fighter/Illusionist. Triss maintained her invisibility, while Hasted Lesser Earth Elementals and Phase Spiders absolutely blasted through the Duergars, Mephits and all the other enemies. Except Ulvaryl. Cleaning the place netted:

140k xp
    9k gold
    Wand of Monster Summoning
    Wand of Cloudkill
    Conjure Air Elemental scroll
    Helm of Balduran
    Ring +1
    Metaspell Influence Amulet
    Girdle of Bluntness
    24x Healing Potions
    17x Extra Healing Potions
    4x Elixir of Health
    2x Oil of Speed
    Potion of Firebreath
    Protection from Electricity Scroll
    Acorns

ltfat9m7cc68.png
    StummvonBordwehrMr_SaltyGrond0Harpagornis
    Chateau Irenicus is coming up for my Archer soon if I make it through SoD. I'm still anxious about Chateau Irenicus. One bad move in the mephit room and I might get hit by Color Spray or boxed in. I'm going to have trouble just fighting the duergar after the otyugh room; Archers have very little to work with when they don't have ammunition.
    edited April 2019
    @Harpagornis: I've been afraid to just let the siege of Dragonspear Castle sit, since I'm concerned the instant death might somehow not be a bug (Fireballs? Divination spells and then Chromatic Orb?). Instead, I just fired arrows from a safe distance under a thick layer of buffs until the coalition was basically the only group still on the battlefield. When I saw that I was fatigued, presumably because of some Haste spells, I hurried to fight Ashatiel. Still, I have 53 Potions of Heroism, 31 from various stores and the other 12 or so from random drops over the course of BG1 and SoD. I think I'll drink ALL of them at the top of the elevator.

Like before, the third wave of the Coalition Camp invasion was very tight for us. I summoned 4 ankhegs and kept them at the back, fired a few Arrows of Detonation, and then sent in 2 ankhegs, one at a time, to buy time for more Arrows of Detonation. Eventually, though, the enemy broke through and we lost our buffs. Apparently the cause is Rhayla, a bard who casts Remove Magic at level 24 in LoB mode. We came close to dying when the enemy boxed us in, and we might not have survived if we hadn't (1) drank a Potion of Invulnerability right after being debuffed to make sure our base AC was 0 instead of 4, and (2) used lots of Potions of Firebreath beforehand, weakening the enemy enough that we were able to take down one of the enemies and escape the circle of crusaders.

In retrospect, I think the paladins and clerics of the third wave are best handled with lots of summoning items, since no character without SI: Abjuration can maintain strong defensive buffs against Rhayla's Remove Magic, and even 4 APR Arrows of Detonation with an Archer can't clear the field before the enemies descend upon you. The ideal option for a warrior is probably to spam ankhegs or myconids and make sure not to fire so many Arrows of Detonation per round that the wall breaks down.

Potions of Fire Breath are a really critical resource in SoD. They're extremely high-damage, area-effect, mostly party-friendly if you used them right, and they bypass spell protections, Sanctuary, and Mirror Image. You can get lots of them if you buy every one you can find (Thirrim and Bellowgulp Bluefingers are important sources I didn't know about until recently), and you'll want to use them frequently to quickly eliminate problematic threats like the Bridgefort Mage.
    Grond0StummvonBordwehrhistamiiniHarpagornis
    Testing has confirmed that the Potion of Power bug also applies to Potions of Heroism. After the duration runs out, your current HP will drop off dramatically. The only reason it seemed like Potions of Heroism were exempt was because they took 100 rounds to wear off instead of 40.
    StummvonBordwehrhistamiini
    Looking at the new content for SCS v32, I'm wondering if it will end up killing my Archer. I don't know what IWD spells it'll be throwing at me, and there appears to be some extra difficulty added at the higher difficulty levels, which might catch me by surprise--and since I'm playing a lousy Archer of all things, I have very little ability to adapt to surprises and bad situations. An Archer is very much a glass cannon, and if I fail to kill something fast, I might not get a second chance.

If v32 proves ugly, I might give up on this run for the time being and return only when I'm more familiar with the new SCS.

Anyone here play with v32?
    Mr_Salty
    Chateau Irenicus was rather alarming. First, we had to drink several potions to kill the Mineral Mephit, since the -11 AC bonus made it extremely difficult to hit and it had a lot of time to deal damage to us. Then, it looked like we couldn't reach the otyugh room without fighting the duergar, because they were blocking the way--and our horrible performance against the mephit made me doubt I could tackle three duergar.

Fortunately, resting apparently reset their positions, allowing me to slip past them. Unfortunately, I couldn't do the same to the duergar in the following hall. In order to get past them, I had to use an Oil of Speed to lure them out and race past them, and since I had a poison trap guarding the Portal Key, I couldn't escape to the next area without taking massive poison damage that would warrant a rest to heal up, since Slow Poison wouldn't be fast enough with the Oil of Speed active. I had to soak up the damage, rest, and then sneak all the way to the library to grab the other Oil of Speed just so I'd have a chance against the mephits.

I lured the mephits into the portal room with the benefit of haste, and since the mephits managed to blind me, I was able to use stealth to go invisible, making it easier to lock them in. I looted Frennedan's room before making my escape.

I couldn't afford the Ring of Air Control at first, nor could I afford the Nymph Cloak early on (I did buy the Glasses of Identification, since it would save us massive amounts of gold in the long run). I ended up having to trigger the Suna Seni and Renfeld ambushes when we were still weak and had few resources. Since I was afraid of failing a saving throw against an important disabler and I didn't think my THAC0 could match up to the enemy's buffed AC, I decided to simply forgo both fights, missing out on thousands of gold in loot but also avoiding some risks I didn't know how to handle.

Once I got some spare gold from grabbing the +2 axe from the Graveyard and looting some containers in Mae'Var's guild hall, I was able to buy the Nymph Cloak. I then charmed Baron Ployer, lured the mephits out of Rayic Gethras' house, used stealth to go invisible, and then had Baron Ployer lure the mephits out of the way so I could kill Ray-Ray with the repeating Fireball trap trick. Soon after, I was able to afford the Ring of Air Control.

The Nymph Cloak also allowed me to charm Mae'Var himself before reporting to Renal Bloodscalp, which meant that, once I did report to Renal, I could waste Mae'Var's spells and then turn all of his buddies against him by having him hit them with Sunfire. They butchered him in short order, I looted his body, and then I reported to Renal for a big cash money wad.
    I'm having second thoughts about the Gauth XP loop. Gauths will have -11 AC and 383 HP in LoB mode, and my Archer will take many rounds to kill just one of them while using a single-handed weapon and the Shield of Balduran and its -1 STR penalty. It would take several hours to hit epic levels even at 60 FPS, and I'd need to be giving a command to cast DUHM every 30 real-time seconds.

@histamiini: What's the safest way to gain access to the Firkraag XP loop? You need to get through Firkraag's lair and kill Chieftain Digdag or Tazok to get the Sewer Key, and I don't have many good options for killing high-HP orcs in a crowded area. I'm also very anxious about trying to steal the Wand of Wonder early in the game, because I am in no position to wrestle with mind flayers. I can use a Protection from Undead scroll to avoid the Alhoon, but the others will see right through any form of invisibility.
    SCS v32 is very different from v30. We nearly died to Kalah, who opens with a double Horror Minor Sequencer that I did not see coming at all; only two good saving throws (our save vs. spell was a 3 with the Ring of Air Control) kept us safe. We lost several important potions to Kalah, whose Horror and Chromatic Orb spells could easily be game-ending for those without immunities. We had to drain a Potion of Invisibility when he fired an Icelance spell at us.

He even buffs with Protection from Normal Missiles. The only reason we had a shot at killing him was because we had Arrows of Ice and a Potion of Invisibility (which we could have used to wait out his defenses if we didn't have the arrows). If I had tackled him at the start of the game, he would have completely destroyed us.

We're at level 14 now and midway through Chapter 3. I sided with Bodhi since Tanova doesn't seem realistically manageable for an Archer. We've pulled some clever tricks involving the Nymph Cloak and used the Efreeti Bottle, Horn of Valhalla (I got a couple Potions of Magic Protection to block the Maze trap), and Vhailor's Helm as decoys, but some encounters just don't look viable right now. The enemy's AC bonuses are really hard to overcome, and the slaver stockade is actually a very imposing threat, since there is so much enemy HP to get through and we have so few means of defending ourselves. Neither our summons nor our clones can survive all the enemy's pressure for more than a few seconds.

Things will change when we hit epic levels and gain access to Smite. Once our clone is at level 12 and can drain STR with Called Shot, then we'll have near-instant kills on anything we can successfully hit. But that's a ways away.
    edited April 2019
    @semiticgod I didn't choose the IWD-spell option so don't know what that does either. Kalah is definitely improved with v32. The best tactic I think is coming in visible and luring the other enemies to top left corner, and using invisibility, but waiting Kalah's Dispel first if he manages to cast it. Then you can range Kalah pretty freely from bottom right corner, with good enough saves. He doesn't move until his bullets are used, and then he should be easily finished with melee. Dispel Arrows speed things up if you want to waste them here.

Gauth XP-loop is faster with clone blasting with free Piercing Arrows, and Archer doing the tanking. My Archer also had Ring of Gaxx to give some boost. But it does take some time, although you can forget the fight after initial speed buffs are used and do something else, if you have good enough AC and Ring of Gaxx to give regen. This will make it much more convenient.

Tazok has the key to the Mind Flayer dungeon. Easiest way to get to him is to use invisibility, and right click loot the key to the locked door. Some Orogs might block the way at some point, in which case you need to lure them away somehow. The door before the last bridge is locked too, which you need to bash, so using invisibility potion right after is advisable if there's a lot of enemies. Looking Tazok stats, he can't be charmed anymore with the saving throw fix, so you need to kill him by some other means.

If you run with Speed and Invisibility straight through to the loot in the Mind Flayer dungeon, Mind Flayers shouldn't have time to do anything. Of course it's good to get saves to -4 just in case. PfU might block Alhoons attacks, never used that so that's something new for me to try. There's also some invisible Efreetis, I think in the Alhoon room blocking the way a little, but not completely.
    Grond0Harpagornissemiticgoddess
    @semiticgod u play with scs 30 ? what ??? haha u will be having fun with 32 !! (also i dont use iwd spell option its, i personaly feel like it should not be a part of it ! :hushed: ) but nevertheless good luck if u try version 32!
    edited April 2019
    Triss bought Nymph cloak and looted Maevars guild hall. Hasted Earth Elementals and Spiders were able to kill Suna Seni in the first waylay. Bought Gem Bag, Scroll Case and Potion Case, and recharged WoMS with Sister Garlena. Leveled up doing Rayic guest. WoMS handled the first floor, Earth Elementals second floor and Rayic himself.

q944i5adu6ab.png

Didn't want to pay for the spell casting license so I summoned the Cowled Wizards by casting invisibility and left them with the neutral Amnian Soldiers who casually hacked all 6 parties, even Zallanora herself. Got Sphere of Chaos, 2x Improved Mantle, 4x Protection from Fire, 2x Protection from Cold, Incendiary Cloud, Symbol: Fear and Ruby Ray of Reversal. So nothing massively good, but at least I could now cast spells in open. After Graveyard guests I bought reputation to 14.

gubwuexv3h4u.png

De Arnise looted with invisibility, Glaicus dispelled out of sight. Maevar battle, charmed the priest, who Silenced Maevar, but my charm failed against him. So I just attacked with summons, who quickly wasted the assassins and after the cleric turned enemy again, him too. In the mean time I managed to lure Maevar away, he was lastly hacked by woms, which took long time as he regained his voice, buffs and dispels. Need to remember the precharm tactic next time. Prebek was handled by WoMS and level skipping their spells. After Harper hold I had enough money to buy Robe of Vecna with 17k, to combined -5 spell casting time.

9wxg4znyr75u.png

Seven Vales, charmed Riesling from range with the ring and companied him downstairs where 3 Hasted Spiders and Earth Elementals stomped him. Next Orcslicer got the same fate. This agroed the rest of them and Pooky and Amon followed me downstairs, which was convenient as neutral Guards casually wasted them. Pebblecrusher was easy picking after this.

p3dxrmm8rnb5.png

After many tries I managed to charm Rengaard, who Silenced Tarnor, who I managed to charm with the cloak, and fed to Rakhasha. Rested and fed Rengaard for the Kobbos, or tried as he changed back before he was killed. At least his Skeleton Warrior managed to kill the Kobbos. And then it actually killed the Rakhasha as it wasn't reacting to it. Rengaard was then quickly killed by my summons. Charmed Zorl who cast Aerial Servant and Skeli, I cast two Spiders and Earth Elemental, Haste and Gaius was no more. Nor was Draug Fea and Gallobchair. Lastly they turned on Zorl. Double level up to 11/12 and 6th level spells. Went in and had spell learning session with couple Int potions and bought all level 6 spells I could find.

wo7t4e5tb7eh.png
    sxux4rthq8xk.png

Had an epic battle with summons and the slaver guards, but eventually I ground them out. Didn't bother with the Wizard mob. 25k gold. Paladins in Windspear Hills were easily wasted by summons and Improved Haste. Another Level up. The mob inside was little bit tougher, but WoMS got through it too. Invisibility to Tazok, right click looted the key and this time Orog's weren't blocking the way. Tazok was easy prey to Earth Elementals and Triss. Got the sewer key, and after looting the valuable stuff I left. 48k gold. Went straight to the sewers, Oil of Speed, Potion of Invul to -5 saves, PfU, Invisibility, and ran straight to the loot, Potion of Invisibility and then ran straight out again. Nobody could target me, so I would say this is pretty fool proof method.

2qmuqecv2xap.png
    xenazz5ocfwr.png

Thinking about Firkraag loop already.
    StummvonBordwehrHarpagornissemiticgoddessGrond0
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    Hhhhmmmm.... SCS v32 with IWD spell modifications looks very interesting but the installation always aborts when updating the KI components (some specific file seems to be missing). Any ideas?

edited April 2019
    @Harpagornis No idea, did you install first Ascension? Here's my install order and no problems:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension: 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #103 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider: 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal: 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Tougher Demogorgon ( Original Bioware Design ): 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir: 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera: 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura: 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #104 // Extended Epilogues for original Bioware NPCs by shawne: 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #105 // Extended Epilogues for additional Beamdog NPCs by shawne: 1.7.2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v8
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v8
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Unlimited Potion Stacking: v8
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4115 // Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4240 // Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells (each may be taken only once): v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4250 // Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6510 // Improved fiends and celestials: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6520 // Smarter genies: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6550 // Smarter beholders: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6560 // Smarter mind flayers: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6800 // Smarter Illasera: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6810 // Smarter Gromnir: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6820 // Smarter Yaga-Shura: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6830 // Smarter Abazigal: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6840 // Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCS scripts and abilities: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6850 // Give Ascension demons SCS scripts and abilities: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8040 // Tie difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings to the difficulty slider: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8060 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix"): v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix): v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Slightly Improved Drow: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v32 RC10
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v32 RC10
    @Harpagornis: You might need to do a completely clean install. That let me install everything without worry. I actually deleted my backup installs just to make sure Steam didn't mess with anything during the reinstall.
    histamiini
    @histamiini: Brilliant work! I notice you using the Ring of Human Influence to charm at a distance--I wasn't aware that this was safe on neutral targets, but looking at the item file, it won't turn critters hostile if it fails. That's definitely a major game-changer for both Mencar Pebblecrusher and Tarnor the Hatchetman.

I was very leery of the sewer mind flayer lair. The last time I just rushed in, the enemies boxed me in, the Alhoon dispelled my buffs by casting Remove Magic on a Magical Sword it had summoned, and I had to use Smite to knock the mind flayers away and make my escape. Without access to PFMW or SI: Abjuration, and with horrible AC, an Archer could die in less than a single round in that fight.

The problem was that mind flayers could see through invisibility in my install. But when I look at my current install, it looks like that component doesn't apply anymore--mind flayers are now incapable of seeing through invisibility.
    edited April 2019
    @semiticgod Hmm, does that only apply to sewer Mind Flayers, or all of them, and Ulitharid? If that's the case then it's definitely easier now. You did fight the first mob in the sewer dungeon I remember reading, so I thought this was the reason why you had more trouble at the end.
    A warning about SCS v32 and looking stuff up in Near Infinity: some changes are difficulty-dependent, so looking at a critter's base stats may not be sufficient. I just looked up Firkraag and found that he had less than 200 HP, but when I checked his script, I found that he was scripted to have triple the normal HP on higher difficulties. Demons, genies, and celestials should be the same, and there may be other changes that are only shown on the critter's script instead of their character file.
    histamiini
    Also, the Restoration spell should now cure stat drain, so vampires, mind flayers, and Spirit Trolls will no longer be quite as hideous overpowered as they once were against characters without PFMW. Plus, Bodhi only drains 3 CON per hit instead of 5.
    StummvonBordwehr
    @histamiini: I don't know if I tackled that place in my Archer/Mage run; I just remember using Smite to escape in one of my non-LoB runs. The previous group of mind flayers was much more doable in any case, as there was no Alhoon to cast Remove Magic and dispel all of my Potions of Genius. Without that Remove Magic spell, which the Alhoon can target on its own allies, you can just coast on a Potion of Genius-boosted INT score and strong saving throws.

The Ulitharids can't see through invisibility, either. Only the Alhoon can, and the Alhoon can be thwarted with a Protection from Undead scroll.
    I just figured out an important new detail: I can find 20 Darts of Stunning in Firkraag's lair, the same place where you find the Chapel Key and the Greater Wraith! Since Vhailor's Helm doesn't break invisibility, I can approach an enemy under stealth, summon a clone, turn the clone and then my Archer invisible, and load up two castings of Called Shot to start disabling enemies with free Darts of Stunning! If things don't go well, I can always retreat, since I have both the Ring of Air Control and the Sandthief Ring for mid-combat escape options.

Now I can tackle the slaver quest as well as Neb and crank up our reputation to 20. Plus, now that I know that the Ring of Human Influence is safe on neutral targets thanks to @histamiini, I can go kill Tarnor the Hatchetman and get a lot of free loot safely, resolving a money shortage.
    I neglected to mention: if you escape the animals when you first enter Trademeet, you can charm each of the djinn with the Nymph Cloak and feed them to the wolf, cat, and spider.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    semiticgod wrote: »
    The Ulitharids can't see through invisibility, either.

Care to place a small wager?

Anyway, we got the Darts of Stunning from Firkraag's dungeon and looted about half the place using various invisibility options, and Vhailor's Helm let us take down Tazok. I had to use summons and some careful positioning to make sure a certain hallway, the one right after the first group of golems and before the undead room, did not get congested and seal off my escape.

We found an alternate way of charming Tarnor the Hatchetman's party: the party ignores our Vhailor's Helm clone, so we were able to just have our clone use the Nymph Cloak and Ring of Human Influence. It's spectacularly unreliable, though. Rengaard has a 95% chance of resisting the Ring of Human Influence, so being able to use the Nymph Cloak without putting our main character in view of the enemy is a big deal, but even the Nymph Cloak can fail over and over and over again due to chance. In fact, I had to make so many charm attempts on Zorl that I accidentally let my main character trigger the enemy's dialog and turn the whole group hostile! It took so long that I finally made a mistake.

We still managed to slowly pick off the enemies over the course of several rest periods. Our attempts to land a stun with our clone's Darts of Stunning proved fruitless until I used the 9-second +7 THAC0 bonus from the Heartseeker to land easier hits. Once the clerics were dead and Gaius was a safe distance away (the previous bouts confirmed that he didn't throw out any scary Chaos spells we had to worry too much about), I also had my Archer pitch in with Called Shot and increase the chance our clone landed a stun. We took everyone down except for Gaius.

My Archer is now at 2 million XP. We still need another 1.6 million XP to hit level 20 and get Smite and a clone that can deal STR drain. However, I've just now realized that the Gauth XP loop is going to be far, far easier with an Archer than I thought. I have the Better Stat Drain mod installed, which means Called Shot and other vanilla forms of player-available stat drain (the Chaos Blade, mind flayer form, and Kachiko's Wakizashi) can grant XP for kills. Gauths only have 10 Strength, so I can land instant kills in just a few rounds with just a few darts!

@DavidW: I've just now noticed that my Archer never got the +1 to hit and damage with ranged weapons from level 12. All I see in EEKeeper is some mysterious opcodes with DW#L20 etc. in the resource field, and the Archer CLAB file is littered with references to spells that don't seem to apply anything aside from adding, removing, or granting immunity to other spells. I don't know what exactly SCS does to the class system (I have the level zero NPC component installed), but currently I'm missing out on a +1 bonus.
    histamiiniHarpagornisStummvonBordwehr
    edited April 2019
    @semiticgod thanks for that weidu log i see a interesting mod that i would gladly use aswell haha jimfix buff debuff notification, will have to see if that works to my taste! thnx

Also u have CDTweak above SCS ? isnt it supposed to be SCS 2nd last and Ascension last ?

Edit...Yes this is exactly what i need lol!! thank u man!z0yy9m7yuylf.jpg