Skip to content

BG:EE - Here is my mod list - REVISED

Lazlo_ArcadiaLazlo_Arcadia Member Posts: 73
edited May 2019 in General Modding
I'm running Windows 10 and have downloaded the game via Steam. I have already installed DLC Merger, but ONLY DLC Merger at this point.

Here is my REVISED list:
==============

1. Base Game
  1. BG:EE installed via Steam
  2. I’ve already run DLC Merge, but have not installed any other mods.

2. Quest Mods
  1. BG1 Unfinished Business
  2. Dark Side of the Sword Coast (install before NTotSC)
  3. Northern Tales of the Sword Coast

3. NPC Mods
  1. BG1 NPC Project
  2. Baldur's Gate 1 Romantic Encounters
  3. Chatty Imoen
  4. Neera Banters
  5. Vynd, drow assassin
  6. Thalan (mage of Highhedge, sells more items)

4. Spell Mods
  1. Spell Revisions
  2. IWDification (install before Faiths and Powers)

5. Item Mods
  1. More Style for Mages
  2. Full Plate and Packing Steel
  3. Wand Case

6. Class & Kit Mods
  1. Song & Silence
  2. The Artison Kitpack (aka Way of the Assassin)
  3. Rogue Rebalancing
  4. Monastic Orders of Faerun
  5. Tome & Blood
  6. Faiths & Powers
  7. Might and Guile

7. Tweaks and Balance mods
  1. Scales of Balance

8. End of Order mods
  1. LevelOneNPCs
  2. NPC_EE

Firstly thank you to those who already weighed in and helped to identify game breaking mod conflicts. Your help has been greatly appreciated.

Secondly, are there any suggestions regarding the load order these need to be installed in? Or specific components which should be omitted to allow similar mods to play nicely with each other?

Lastly, are there any "required" patches or updates for BG:EE that I should have included in this list?
Post edited by Lazlo_Arcadia on

Comments

• Lazlo_ArcadiaLazlo_Arcadia Member Posts: 73
    Sorry, I missed one: Deities of Faerun is also present.
    I've opted against Faiths of Faerun due to other mods that are already doing most of what it does, and to avoid possible conflicts.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I chatted once on the forums with the author of Deities of Faerun who stated that the only real "incompatibility" with F&P was it would result in duplicate entries for some kits, but would not directly conflict. As for Spell and Item revisions, i could not find a link for them.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

@Lazlo_Arcadia

That was a long time ago, back when DoF was still using FnP's sphere system instead of its own.

Now the two mods are incompatible. This info may be found at DoF's thread (first page) and DoF's Readme.

Unfortunately, you'll have to chose one.

Cheers.
    no worries, I do appreciate the clarification!
    @Raduziel So there is no way to just get the additional kits from DoF? This is ultimately what I found attractive about DoF anyway.
    @Raduziel So there is no way to just get the additional kits from DoF? This is ultimately what I found attractive about DoF anyway.

You can use DoF with or without its sphere system. But I strongly recommend that you use it as:

1) the spheres are a big part of the kit's flavor;

2) the sphere system also fixes lots of things in the game;

3) the sphere system adds new spells to the game (well, just three at the moment but the next update will have a lot more);

4) the sphere system brings the game's spells closer to their PnP counterparts.

Cheers.
    At the recommendations of @subtledoctor i'm add Spell Revisions to my list. The idea of scaling spells works very well with my current vision, as does Full Plate and Packing Steel.
    At the recommendations of @subtledoctor i'm add Spell Revisions to my list. The idea of scaling spells works very well with my current vision, as does Full Plate and Packing Steel.

If you're using SR you should stick with Faiths and Pantheons instead of Deities of Faerûn - DoF and SR are not compatible.
    Thank you for the heads up, I actually noticed this earlier this evening.
    edited May 2019
    So, any suggestions following my revision? The OP has been updated with the results of my study of the available mods for BG:EE, and thought given to both compatibility and install order. Please let me know if you see anything (good or bad that jumps out at you).

Are there any suggestions for specific components which should be omitted during the install of the mod list?

Lastly, are there any "required" patches or updates for BG:EE that I should have included in this list?
    @subtledoctor @Raduziel
    edited May 2019
    @subtledoctor
    1) Sounds good. Thank you for the help.

2) If FPPS is more or less already covered by SoB, then I'll just drop it and stay with SoB. SoB seems more comprehensive and more fully developed.

3) As for M&G vs RR, I was under the impression they were compatible? Do you have any suggestions about which components to opt for vs avoid? As for both of them adding Kits, i'm ok if I have 2 kits with the same name and I just have to pick the one I like at the time i'm creating that character.
    Got it. Sounds like for simplicity FPPS & RR should both be left on the cutting room floor. For now at least as I'm getting used to the more advanced options with modding BG:EE (specifically).