Skip to content

Geraldo the Magnificent - Baldur's Gate Central Section

Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848

This is a quest from ascalons quest pack.

I have a problem.
I cannot find the gibberlings. :(

When I return to him he won't re-iterate the instructions and the info isn't in the journal. :(

Does anyone know where to find them?

When I tried Google, this is all that I could find. That info is correct but insufficient. :(
http://www.shsforums.net/topic/57325-konvas-in-game-issues/page-5

Comments

• ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    I don't remember exact locations, but they can be find in sewers areas. One bunch will be in cellar of Iron Throne, IIRC.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited September 2017

EDIT

I HAVE FOUND THE HOUSE. :)

@Artona Thanks for the reply. My problem however was in finding the house as the writer of the mod said that the house was to the west, when it was to the east. Probably a mistranslation from the German. :( Your answer was however of great help when it came to looking for the beasties. :)

It seems that when doing these mod quests I will have to write everything down as the journal entries are often inadequate, not a reference to this mod in particular, but mods in general. Hopefully this post will be of help to others who can't find the house. I'll see if I can contact the mod writer with a bug report. It should be VERY easy to correct as just one word needs changing. :)
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    Grond0
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Wise_Grimwald, did you report this to @jastey ?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Thanks @Arthas . This was indeed a mistranslation which is already fixed.

I do agree that the journal entry and / or the description of the key could give more info with regard to the house. I'll add it.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Ascalon questpack is pretty great. Honestly it is a must have. A lot of love went into it and it shows.
    jastey
    Arthas wrote: »
    Wise_Grimwald, did you report this to @jastey ?

Pretty sure that I did. It was well over a year ago, so not certain. I don't know if it is corrected though. I'll check in my next game. Too late for my current one.
    @Wise_Grimwald It's already fixed. ;)
    Wise_Grimwald
    Thanks. I didn't check when I was playing as I knew where I had to go without looking at the description. :)
    See? That's why journal entries don't need to be specific, because the first time the player has to look thoroughly and any later time they remember where to go. :D
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    edited July 2022
    God I hated that quest, way to make us waste an hour looking around randomly in already-cleared areas. The quests of this mod aren't bad but they're purposely under-documented and make the player waste a lot of time wandering aimlessly about.

Paragraph edited by a moderator.

Thanks Artona for helping me find the last bunch of these little buggers :)

edit - also, the "reward" is just insulting. A non-cursed 'Orc leather +3' would have been barely worth the trouble haha.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • The_Baffled_KingThe_Baffled_King Member Posts: 147
    valamyr wrote: »
    God I hated that quest, way to make us waste an hour looking around randomly in already-cleared areas.
    I don't see how Ascalon's Questpack can be blamed for your decision to clear the sewers before proceeding to Baldur's Gate Central. It's a perfectly normal decision on your part, but so is proceeding to Baldur's Gate Central before clearing the sewers.

Also, there is a tension between spawning quest related creatures at the beginning of the game and doing so during the relevant quest, but the game makes use of both methods. In this case, spawning the gibberlings from the beginning rather than in the middle of the quest would address your concern, but it would completely undercut the farcical story of Geraldo's actions that the mod is trying to tell. Relatively speaking, the story is a good one and it's told reasonably well.
    edited July 2022
    Edited by a moderator.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on