Skip to content

Yet another old player excited to return to NWN & questions about old game keys

HollandaiseHollandaise Member Posts: 4
edited May 2019 in New Members Welcome Area
Greetings to all!
So excited to finally find this site and return to some games I greatly enjoyed 7 - 10 years ago! Can't tell you the number of lost hours I unsuccessfully searched across GameStop/Impulse/Stardock web-remnants for information about how the heck to transfer my NWN Diamond edition (& Baldur's Gate Complete & Icewind Dale Complete) from my old laptop to my new one. I have my game keys but since none of the above previous providers honor them - no dice.
Will Beamdog honor these old codes? Hope so, but let me know either way.
Thanks for your time and information!
JuliusBorisovPrince_Raymond

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited May 2019
    Welcome! NWN:EE is a completely separate game in terms of cd keys, so you'll need to buy it in order to be able to play it. It is not possible to somehow take your Diamond edition and transform it into the Enhanced Edition.
    JuliusBorisovHollandaise
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The game will accept the old CD-Key, but it won't work in multiplayer. Since the key is needed for MP, so @Doubledimas is correct.
    Hollandaise
  • HollandaiseHollandaise Member Posts: 4
    Understood and thanks to you both @Doubledimas & @JuliusBorisov! Since I'm migrating over from one laptop to the other, should I consider trying to isolate my previous NWN game files and bring them over to the new machine after I download NWN:EE? (To keep previous characters.) Or should I just not bother and start from scratch w/NWN:EE?
    Regardless, very excited to finally find this game back up and running!
    JuliusBorisov
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    A 'saucy' hello to you Hollandaise!

[someone stop me before I pun again!]

Welcome back to NWN (in any form). Whenever you get fully provisioned to join the multiplayer community, I hope you'll visit our server (lots of innovative stuff to engage and amuse)... as new faces are always welcome!

Best wishes to you!

Be well. Game ON!

GM_ODA
    JuliusBorisovHollandaise
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 424
    Welcome to the forum and happy adventuring! :)
    JuliusBorisovHollandaise
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Welcome to the forum. Have a :cookie:.
    JuliusBorisovHollandaise
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Understood and thanks to you both @Doubledimas & @JuliusBorisov! Since I'm migrating over from one laptop to the other, should I consider trying to isolate my previous NWN game files and bring them over to the new machine after I download NWN:EE? (To keep previous characters.) Or should I just not bother and start from scratch w/NWN:EE?
    Regardless, very excited to finally find this game back up and running!

Original NWN files should be untouched when you install NWN:EE, as the EE puts all the character files and saves into the appropriate folder in Documents (while the original game put eveything into the game's main folder).
    Hollandaise
    Thanks to all for the warm welcome & cookie! And thanks again @JuliusBorisov for the extra technical help! And @GM_ODA: is the NWN server best accessed through NWN:EE or via alternate URL? Cheers!
    JuliusBorisov
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    GOOD question. The server can be accessed by 'direct connect' at 96.31.77.125:5125 OR it can be found in the server list found under multiplayer in the NWN:EE software. Visit _anytime_ - if you like I'd be happy to tour and chat with you in our tutorial area (I like to do this to collect first impressions ... players often have good ideas on enhancements and this is a great chance to dialog or so I have found).
    JuliusBorisovHollandaise
    Brilliant @GM_ODA! Thanks for the info and invite and once I find my new "NWN:EE - legs" I'll follow up with a visit to the NWN server! Cheers!
    GM_ODA