Skip to content

opcode 236 Image Projection, is it possible to cast a spell on the projection ?

cromignecromigne Member Posts: 7
Hello, I'm a begginner in modding and I am trying to create some customed spells and kits. I want to create a monk kit with HLA based on the mod refinements.
I'd like to create a spell called "shadow clone" (like a simulacrum but completly black and with other modifications), but I really don't understand the explaination of the opcode 236 Image Projection :

"Note: When creating an image for use as in Mislead, the image will have a script assigned, with scriptname of 'CASTERSCRIPTM' where CASTERERSCRIPT is the death variable of the casting creature."
https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/opcodes/bg2tob.htm

Does it means there is a way to change the script of the casted creature?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    The scripts it refers to are set on the clones of non-controlled creatures, because it wipes all script and dialog entries for the clone. Since any clones created by player-controlled characters will also be under the players control, their is no need to give them a new script. The method @subtledoctor mentions can be used to set scripts on such clones if needed however.
  • cromignecromigne Member Posts: 7
    @subtledoctor Thank you! This is the idea I was starting to have. I think I'm going to look in your mod's SPL files how it works. I hope the spells are still called with the same names so I can find them without too much trouble.

Here are some of the ideas of what I want to do, I am open to suggestions or explanations about things I might have not considered.

-I think I'm going to create a monk kit based on the druid class (or fighter/druid maybe). Why druid? because I don't care about the thief-like monk's abilities and I want to give him acces to a list of customed spells. Druids have acces to the "priest book" and don't have extra useless buttons, unfortunately they only have 2 weapon slots. I could also just go with innate abilities... but I want something a bit different.

-I know the fist weapon is binded to the monk class, but I saw what @subtledoctor did in the might & guile mod and I will probably take inspiration from that (by inspiration I mean a lot of ctrl-c ctrl-v, if it's fine with you)

-I have to erase all druids spells... is there a spell somewhere that does that? In Faith & Powers for example?

-HLA will be inspired from refinements, they are so good in this mod. I wonder if I should change them to priest spells too...

I have some other questions:
    -When I create a spell or an item A that cast another spell B that I created, I COPY my spells with weidu in the override folder, then I make the reference from A to B with near infinity, and finally I export the file A in my mod folder. Is it a reliable method or does it only work because my mod is the last one I add?
    -For @subtledoctor again, the feat system is great, is there an easy way too do something like that for my monk?