Skip to content

Battle Music Not Stopping

Still having issues even as of latest patch with Battle Music not ending. This seems prevalent in Adoy's Enclave but also happens in other areas. Curious if anyone else has the issue? I'm *sure* its been reported for a few years now, so maybe its my setup.

Comments

• DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    edited May 2019
    Discussion moved.
    About the issue, are you sure that there is no enemy left over somewhere on the map? Or in general other figures with the red circle. Maybe you use AoE spells and make enemies even from neutral beings.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Davide wrote: »
    Discussion moved.
    About the issue, are you sure that there is no enemy left over somewhere on the map? Or in general other figures with the red circle. Maybe you use AoE spells and make enemies even from neutral beings.

Restarting the game seems to have fixed it... Thanks.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I have this issue pop up from time to time. Changing maps and saving/reloading seems to fix it.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    We'd really appreciate if someone manages to repro this bug permanently.

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/38963

@Tresset , any ideas?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    I just had it happen again. I made a quicksave, then went to the ice island. Fight Winter Wolves just inside, battle music won't stop until I leave the dungeon. Reload save, same thing. Quit the game and start it again? Battle music behaves normally.

Whatever's going on here, it's not contained in the save. It's tied to specific areas, accumulating over time - and reset whenever the program restarts. Once an area goes bad, it stays bad; leaving and coming back or loading a save won't help.

It's all very frustrating for a developer, of course; by its very nature, this is something that is hard to reproduce. I could provide the save, but for the reasons stated above, I'm sure it won't help.

(My version: Mac, from GOG, v2.5.17.0)
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    The ice island in BG1 and the slaver ship in BG2 are probably the two areas where it can almost be guaranteed to happen in my games but for the reason mentioned above can't be replicated in a save game.
    One thing that all instances of this problem have in common is that it always (and only) occurs when my party is underground/indoors.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    dunbar wrote: »
    The ice island in BG1 and the slaver ship in BG2 are probably the two areas where it can almost be guaranteed to happen in my games but for the reason mentioned above can't be replicated in a save game.
    One thing that all instances of this problem have in common is that it always (and only) occurs when my party is underground/indoors.

Mine always occurs outdoors LoL
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I give up!
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I've had this very annoying music bug constantly come up in the EE's almost since it was released. It can happen anywhere at any time, from the beginning of the game. The last time I started a run and played for a while, from Candlekeep through rescuing Dynaheir and killing Mulahey in the Nashkel Mines, I never encountered it, so I had thought that maybe the most recent version of EE had finally stopped the bug. I guess not. Sad.