Skip to content

joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
First, this post is about an aesthetic choice that I think affects the quality of the forums, not about moderation. But if it's too close to being about moderation, then please feel free to close or delete the thread.

When I look at old threads, there is a high density of red "user banned" icons, especially since the recent bans of a few formerly very active members. I worry that this appearance gives newcomers a false impression that the forums are inhospitable or dramatic. Also, many of those banned members' old posts were positive contributions, but marking those posts with that icon suggests that they are to be ignored. Would it be feasible to restore banned members' avatars on thread pages? Is there a drawback to this that I'm not thinking of?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I am not sure what would be involved in this, but what you say sounds reasonable enough.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Apparently there is nothing we can do about the "user banned" icon. Vanilla hardcodedness or something...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    There is no way to change that, thanks for the concern, but from the site standpoint, there's nothing we can do.

The best way to show newcomers what this forum is - communication with them.