Skip to content

cdkey.ini is not created at all, cant play multiplayer

FaustyeFaustye Member Posts: 17
Well... the title says everything. Cant play multiplayer because my cdkey.ini was not created. Nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini is created in that folder. When I enter the game it says "Attempting to recover your multiplayer Cdkey. Reciept recived. Verifying purchase"... When i create manually cdkey.ini the game wants cdkey from me instead of just showing the "error". I reinstalled the game severally, I am running it as administator, I tried diferent random bullshit and still nothing. Can you help me with it?

Your bug "support" not responding, Cuv not responding, Steam support says that beamdog is the only one who can help me.... So... Help me. Thanks... Trying to fix this for several days really starts to pissing me off.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello! Just yesterday we checked our internal system - the network comms etc worked and you got a key assigned. For some reason the game doesn't accept/save it.

The reason is most likely in your Antivirus and similar.
  • FaustyeFaustye Member Posts: 17
    I tried it on my laptop, completely different system. Cdkey.ini was not created even there! I tried turning off antivirus, firewall etc. and after almost weak I came to conclusion that problem is not on my side. Can you tell my what my cdkey is? I could manually create cdkey.ini....
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Hello,

I've sent you a PM with your private key and some instructions.

That said, I still feel like something is fishy here regarding network, or some particular piece on software you might be using. If you would oblige, what AV are you using? Some 3rd party AV is very stubborn in still keeping some write-protections on even if it claims to be turned off.
    JuliusBorisovSylvus_Moonbow
    As I said on steam. I thought that its a network problem. Thats why I tried the game on my laptop connected to mobile data on hotspot from my phone. And the problem was still there... Sooo... tested on 2 devices, on 2 network services. Maybe is something fishy on your side.

I use only microsoft essentials and windows firewall. I tried it with both of them turned off.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It can't be on our side because you now received your CDKey.

If you try it on the same laptop under different networks, then it's firewall.
    firewall was turned off, same as antivirus
    Well... update. I can run it now on my laptop on hotspot and even on my home wifi. I also tried to plug network cable and it worked. But only on laptop. Strange that the cdkey was bugged even on laptop but now its work... but not on PC. I will try some reinstalling. Any other ideas excet AV and firewall?
    Just compare the laptop's and PC's firewall/Antivirus/Internet settings.
    edited April 2019
    I never touched firewall and AV settings, so it should be the same. I ll check it in more detail tomorrow and let you know.

On what exactly should I focus?
    JuliusBorisov
    Checked now. Didnt noticed any difference. Laptop dont have microsoft essentials so I uninstaled it on PC. Also set default settings on firewall. Uninstalled tunngle. I dont really understand internet settings so just look at it and sayid "hi"...
  • badstrrefbadstrref Member Posts: 124
    edited April 2019
    Don't know if this is related but video settings like High Resolution font is not saved when restarting the game (write protection?)
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    edited April 2019
    Collecting some facts:

* You can see the server list fine. This is delivered over tcp/http.
    * You can send udp packets fine. We got your key assignment request after all.
    * You did NOT get the key response in the majority of cases, on devices in your network. This response is also sent over udp.
    * You cannot connect to servers. Presumably, the initial connection request goes out, but responses are not routed back to you.

This leads me to believe, at this point, that something is broken with how UDP connection tracking is done on your network (i.e. the packet goes back to your address but is not forwarded correctly to your actual device/laptop). I don't think it's the game, insofar that it works for "everyone else", making it more likely it is a peculiarity with your network/devices.

* Do you have any other network-related software installed, besides tunngle?
    * Do you have a special http/internet proxy from your ISP? Is your internet router in any way special otherwise?
    * Have you tried turning it [your network/internet router] off and on again?
    JuliusBorisov
    Do you have any other network-related software installed, besides tunngle?

No. As far as I know.

* Do you have a special http/internet proxy from your ISP? Is your internet router in any way special otherwise?

Only specially is that I got 2 routers which are "in line" (the second is plugged to the first) and the PC is connected on the second.

* Have you tried turning it [your network/internet router] off and on again?

Yes.
    Another guy has similar problem I quess. https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/40470
    Faustye wrote: »
    Another guy has similar problem I quess. https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/40470

That seems to be a different issue. They've either installed it from the same Beamdog Client account (thus getting the same key provisioned), or copied their user home.
    chmmm
  • gregor_wyrmbanegregor_wyrmbane Member Posts: 9
    Faustye wrote: »

That seems to be a different issue. They've either installed it from the same Beamdog Client account (thus getting the same key provisioned), or copied their user home.

Julius,
    Yes I did install the second copy I bought from the same Beamdog Client as the first copy I bought (that's my report #40470). As you can see from my bug report, I've asked for a new CD key and instructions on where it is located on my Linux laptop, so I can change it, or add it if necessary. That report was made on April 23 and I still have had no response. I've done two follow ups and still no response or solution. It's frustrating to read that others here have asked for a new CD key and been given one, and I have not.

Since the tech support folks seem to be too busy to address the issue, can you help me?

Gregor